It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Leaked Audio; Romney: Tell your employees how to vote

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by campanionator

I'm a little tired and not thinking too clearly, so please forgive me.

Romney is a part of the real elite (not the contrived elite)

He has never had to struggle to survive a day in his life, all his life, "the help" have been there
for him to use.

He reeks of entitlement
I understood that his dad was born in Chihuahua, Mexico and never attended college. They had to live on welfare during the Depression. Was George Romney ever part of the "real elite?" If so, he rose to that position from absolute zero. How did Mitt make it, if his dad wasn't elite? Is money all it takes? He certainly didn't get into college as a "legacy."

Maybe I'm not making sense, but it makes sense to me.

While George Romney never graduated from college he did attend several. While Mitt may not have been a "legacy applicant" at any university you have to keep in mind that by the time Mitt graduated from high school his father had already completed his stint ad chairman of AMA and was gwau through his term as governor of Michigan when mitt graduated high school. I think it's fair to say that Mitt had a few inside tracks through his fathers business and political contacts.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I am not a Romney supporter. I am a regestered card carrying democrat and I voted for Barack last time and I will vote for him again this year. That being said, many employers and church leaders are advising their members or employees on how to vote. Romney didnt say to threaten jobs , his advice is to get employees voting. Church leaders are always telling their parrishiners how to vote and many people will vote what their preacher tells them to vote for.
If a person cannot or does not want to make the decision for themselves they will take advice from whom ever they deem responsible and knowledgeable.
Not everyone is politically aware and many dont care . Some will just vote a party line and some will vote for the one they identify with and still others will vote based on someone elses views when that someone tells them who to vote for. This is the world we live in.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

I voted for Obama. I have a job. Never lost mine. I own a house. I dont live in Govt housing. Next

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Oh my god, this thread is the height of ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a problem, how????

As long as employees are NOT required to vote in any manner by their employer, I see NOTHING wrong with this.

I'm not a child and I don't need the government to protect me from the sharing of ideas from other citizens!!!

Many of you people in this thread scare the living daylights out of me. You're Lenin's wet dream and don't even realize it......or maybe you do.

edit on 20-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by solidguy
Fortunately reminding people they have 1st amendment rights is not illegal in the United States of America.
And this is your defense for that? Seriously??

And why not my friend? Why not ? Seems you want to make this something it is not. It is not illegal and many people will welcome the advice. Not everyone is a politically aware, vote every issue, always keep an eye on the govt type. Not everybody belongs to ATS. ATS and the world at large are, I am sorry to say, mutually exclusive.

You dont like this, obviously. You will complain about this, obviously. You or anyone else cannot do anything about this. OBVIOUSLY.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

When someone said something bad about Romney Obama said not to boo, to vote. Something is wrong with that now too ?
Have you folks forgotten its an election and they are trying to influence everyone. Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Sorry, there is no real magic in the world and we cannot really film the future.
You will have to wait for that time to come to know what will happen.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I stop listening when people start talking about bunkers and crap.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Another one, hate me because I'm richer than you.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

I live in America and guess what ? I've never had to struggle a day in my life.
I work. I have a roof over my head and I never go to bed hungry.
Am I rich ? No, not even middle middle class. Lower middle class.
I own my own car too. Have a TV in every room except the bath. (LOL)
All of us live better than a King of the 19th Century.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pngxp
yeah, what a terrible thing to say.

a civilized person would simply tweet about how they are going to murder somebody if they win.

but how dare somebody encourage their supporters to encourage others to vote for them too!

maybe romney should have just publicly told jews that obama wanted to put them in an oven or something? that seems to be more lefty style.

the liberal lefties are terrified and see the defeat coming so they have to panic come up with crap like this. good sign for romney.

I dont see a defeat coming. You must have dirt in your eye.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Boy you got that straight! I will be so freaking happy when this donkey and elephant show are over!

Gary Johnson isn't going to win and I know that. At this point, I just want this crap to end.

My Name is Karen 61057 and I approve this message.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Absolutely agree Karen, most people without jobs are mostly lazy and unwilling to work for something they feel is 'below' them. So they sit at home collected government welfare and say their voting for Romney because Obama lost there jobs and their homes. When in all actuality the irresponsible action of buying what they couldn't afford really sold them down the river, not the presidency. Then like hypocrites they say we have to spend less money on the poor, aka them, because they believe in pipe dreams by a guy that believes in magic underwear. I see a pattern of stupidity emerging... Any who people don't like to admit faults, it's easier just to blame it on someone else, and in this country it usually involves blaming the black guy... Was that just a racial insinuation? No... it couldn't be.
edit on 20-10-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by WhatAreThey

Really? You must have never grown up watching Sesame Street. I kind of feel sorry for you man.

Here's some numbers from Forbes:

For fiscal year 2010, federal funding for PBS through CPB accounted for about 12% of PBS’ revenue. In terms of dollars, that works out to about $300 million. There’s not much wiggle room to be had: the money that actually goes to CPB is split according to a mostly statutory formula. For 2015, Congress has budgeted $445 million for CPB. That’s less than 1% of the budget. Way less. It’s about 1/100th of a 1%.

Forbes Article

Here's the practical low-down:

..."chances are, cuts to PBS won’t kill off Sesame Street and other major programming. What will happen, realistically, is that public television stations would have to find alternate sources of funding. Larger markets, like the one I live in now, would likely survive. But chances are that those smaller markets, like the one I used to live in, would have to shut off the lights. That is, of course, the irony, since those smaller markets are the very ones that PBS was intended to serve when it was created".

I'd rather make a few less missiles and keep Sesame Street in the homes of the smaller/rural markets to help our kids.
edit on 20-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

The guy who is the puppeteer for big bird makes 315,000 dollars a year.

The voice actor who plays murray makes 550,000 dollars a year.

GROSS REVENUEFOR PBS in 2011 was 1.1 Billion dollars. It has increaed 4x since Obummer took office.

Do you really still think tax payers should be flipping a single dime to PBS???

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If it weren't for the toys on the store shelves, my two youngest children wouldn't know anything about Sesame Street. They have access to PBS, but prefer to watch Disney and Nickleodeon.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It doesn't matter really , Either voting is a form of the Black suits to find out what President can control the mass easier or presidents are set in stone.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
"Tell your employees how to vote"

That is so disgusting and so unAmerican, and so eerily fundamentalist conservative that it creeps me right out.

Yeah,
I know what you mean.
I recently did some work on a job in Pa. on a nuke plant.
The contractors cafeteria had posters and articles there extolling the virtues of Obama and how every union member had the personal responsibility of voting for Obama because it was best for the unions.

It really creeped me out.
edit on 20-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thread after thread after thread, ripping on Romney Noodle like he’s somehow going to press some buttons and make the whole damn world explode or something! It’s hilarious!

I’m writing Ron Paul in, so I could care less about any of the two. But you people on the left are going to have to face the facts. Noodles IS going to be the next POTUS, and you all can cry, throw hissy fits, get angry, create anti-noodles threads, throw riots, smash the X-box, etc., etc., etc, I’m sorry guys, it is what it is, and there not a damn thing you and I can do about it.

Grow-up people! It’s not the end of the world…!

Not just yet anyways…

edit on 20-10-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Reading between the lines, and it makes me sick. This is coercion, if not outright blackmail...what he is proposing I mean. What he is saying is to basically tell your employees that their jobs are going to be at risk if they do not vote for who the owner would like them to vote for. And go figure that the majority of large business owners are Republicans...Hey, so is Romney, but what I am insinuating is not a discussion for this thread.

I personally do not think that much backlash will come from this, because he was careful enough to word the phrase in such a way that he could still later claim he was not implying anything. But it is quite obvious that he in fact was. I saw a thread the other day about the Koch brothers talking about laying off employees if Obama got re-elected. You should not be able to tell your employees things like this, because it IS going to interfere with their political beliefs, and will cause some of them to vote for a candidate they would not ordinarily have voted for. So this is their game I see. After what Romney did to Paul regarding the nomination, I would not put anything past him as far as what he would do to win or get votes. That incident alone is enough to tell anyone that what he is saying in this clip is implying something more sinister. Something unfair and biased. That should be his campaign slogan...Or the republican slogan in general..."Unfair and Biased."

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Romney deserves vilification at this point.

He's the absolute lowest common denominator at this point and it both shocks and saddens me that he has any supporters at all at this point.

This folks, is what happens when you let the inmates run the asylum (U.S House) and allow their irrational hatred of Obama to influence policy in this country.

Between this and Tagg Romney's purchase of voting machines, I fear that the Romney camp may be attempting to pull off another controversy similar to that of Florida in 2000.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join