It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wierdest weather ever uk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

we knew something was up and now the confirmation......is it going to get worse?......i believe it may just

edit on Thu Oct 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't know if it's going to get worst.

We've been having bad weather also here in the midwest.
Droughts,unusually warm temps and so on.

I have been talking to a few UK friends about heat lightening and that they have never seen it before.
It's common were I'm at.

So,the weather is changing abit,but we,as humans ,are pretty adaptable,we will get through what ever is laid before us.

Well,almost anything.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I know its not fully related but I will share something that ties into this "weird year for weather"

I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. 1 week ago it was freezing rain, their was snow on the ground (a small amount) It was below zero or just above for days. Then out of nowhere, the temperature shoots from -7 overnight to plus 14. This isn't the weird thing, though.

What was weird is THAT night we got a thunderstorm. Anyone from Alberta who can actually TELL me when their was EVER an October thunderstorm can have a golden medal. I have lived here my whole life (27 yrs) Never happens. My mom and dad been here for 50+ years... Its never happened.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well I've been on this earth for almost 60 years and I'm not seeing anything weird or strange!

Theres an old saying in the uk - If there's one thing you can rely on, it's that you cant rely on the weather.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Well I've been on this earth for almost 60 years and I'm not seeing anything weird or strange!

Theres an old saying in the uk - If there's one thing you can rely on, it's that you cant rely on the weather.

u don,t think the weathers been extreme this year?where i am in scotland i know i haven,t seen anything like it and we,r just hitting winter......already said to watch this space cause i think it could get more extreme.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
this has been, without question, the worst, wettest summer i have ever experienced. and i'm 46. and i live in manchester.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

I live in Quebec. We just received our earliest snowfall since eons. HAARP, it seems, is at full capacity and kicking.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
this has been, without question, the worst, wettest summer i have ever experienced. and i'm 46. and i live in manchester.

yeah some of the rain we,ve had i,ve never seen rain as heavy.......i,ll stand by that i think winter could bring us some big problems

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm 37 from hampshire and i take a canoe to work ..
just kidding.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think it's a little odd to claim that this is the "weirdest" weather on record. How do you define weird? This article indicates that it is due to a dry spell followed by a wet spell, yet "weird" could describe a lot of other situations such as cold temperature in summer, lots of sunshine hours in winter, increased lightning and hail, or any number of "weird" weather events. I would find it odd that any scientist would make the claim that it is the "weirdest" weather on record, as the article implies, and it doesn't actually seem to provide the evidence of this in the article.

The weather could be described as weird, no doubt, but to claim it is the weirdest on record is rather subjective. Does anyone know which scientist actually made this claim? Or is it just an author making his own claim and attributing it to "scientists" to make it sound more legitimate?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

You would probably be right. But if you were over 100 years old, it may not quite have been the worst

The wettest summer - defined as June, July and August - since national records began was in 1912.

Figures up until 29 August show that 366.8 mm of rain fell across the UK this summer, compared with 384.4 mm rainfall in 1912.
Summer 'wettest in 100 years', Met Office figures show

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have heard that this is an "El Nino" year. So take that in stride for your region's strange weather. I'm bracing for a rough one this year. Last year was mild in my area.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

that's an old saying EVERYWHERE. not just the UK. everyone says it. just like everyone says "this city has the worst drivers" etc etc.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

that's an old saying EVERYWHERE. not just the UK. everyone says it. just like everyone says "this city has the worst drivers" etc etc.

But its still true

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Oh great, so HAARP can make it snow now too.

I'll just add it to the ever growing list of things it can do...surprised it's not being advertised on late night shopping channels as the 500 in 1 Super Haarp Integrated Total Household Operating Tool...

It can dice, slice, steer hurricanes, baby sit your kids, cause earthquakes in your enemy's backyard and it can make it snow!

All this for the one low price of $19.95 + $4 million in postage and handling.

credit card surcharge applies

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
From the BBC article I can see nothing there to worry about.

But scientists present from the Met Office and CEH said not much could be read into the weird weather. Terry Marsh from CEH said: "Rainfall charts show no compelling long-term trend - the annual precipitation table shows lots of variability."

The past two weeks I've seen some oddities such as rain on a sunny day but this is just rare, not abnormal. UK winters aren't half as bad as they are in Canada, it just seems like it with the amount of crying about it that goes on.
edit on 18/10/12 by Ramcheck because: typo.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious and Concerned
I think it's a little odd to claim that this is the "weirdest" weather on record. How do you define weird? This article indicates that it is due to a dry spell followed by a wet spell, yet "weird" could describe a lot of other situations such as cold temperature in summer, lots of sunshine hours in winter, increased lightning and hail, or any number of "weird" weather events. I would find it odd that any scientist would make the claim that it is the "weirdest" weather on record, as the article implies, and it doesn't actually seem to provide the evidence of this in the article.

The weather could be described as weird, no doubt, but to claim it is the weirdest on record is rather subjective. Does anyone know which scientist actually made this claim? Or is it just an author making his own claim and attributing it to "scientists" to make it sound more legitimate?

Ooooh, here...have a cup of tea, and stop being so pedantic...it's a WEATHER thread

Don't forget to put your brolly, wellies, sunglasses, suncream, arctic fleece and inflatable dinghy and igloo in you BOB before you go out! lol!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I wonder if THIS could have anything to do with the strange weather world wide.

Surely the length of daylight means the earth has "wobbled" off it's axes a bit more than expected. I know earth wobbles happen, but these "super" events (super volcano, super hurricane, super quakes") surely must be knocking us about. Imagine if you had one of them old fashioned spinning tops and you just gently tap it whilst it's spinning...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You should check out military's own explication about it. PhD, Nobel-prize winner and holder of one US patent Robert O. Becker warned us against HAARP's weather modification application; let's say that if you ionize the atmosphere as much as HAARP does (gigawatts of energy), something's bound to happen to it. The military states that they made HAARP to "study the impact of ionization on the atmosphere". It should be obvious that Navy is not spending billion of dollars into an hight-energy transmitter just to make cute little northern lights. The Navy spends in whatever gives them tactical advantage.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

He was nominated, not awarded...

Dunno what an orthopedic surgeon would know about HAARP anyway?

Can you recommend an aerospace engineer to tell me why my rhododendrons aren't flowering?

Can I ask a couple of questions?

The ionosphere gets hit by the sun's energy daily and is far more powerful than anything we could ever throw at it, knowing this how do you come to the conclusion that HAARP can steer hurricanes, create earthquakes and make it snow, shouldn't the entire sun facing side of earth have snow falling with hurricanes and earthquakes?

And how exactly does HAARP create an earthquake one day and then steer a hurricane the next anyway?

Is it a big toggle switch?

edit on 19/10/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join