It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you get from ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I don't know if this answers your questions, but I'll say my piece:

Nearly every time I searched the internet for information on a subject I was interested in the search led me to ATS. When I first started lurking here I found unique, informative discussions participated in by people from all walks of life who had one thing in common- a thirst for the truth. It was different than other websites in that the members here demand facts and proof. Subjects are debated here, not just argued on the base of personal beliefs but on proven data and expert theory.

I like this site because of the tighter moderation, not despite it. Personal attacks and ugly language isn't tolerated here, and I appreciate that. Even I have been censored for T&C violation and I'm okay with that. This is a family friendly atmosphere and it must be kept "clean".

I love the members of ATS. Most of the people here ARE like people from my everyday life. My own friends and family discuss and debate anything and everything- nothing is off the table. ATS to me is like a big family get-together that never ends. The party never ends and we never run out of snacks.

I personally come to ATS a lot more lately as I have a lot of time stuck at home with a toddler (the grandbaby) and since she is starting to entertain herself more these days it gives me some time to interact with adults. ATS keeps my brain from turning to jello and prevents me from completely immersing myself into the realm of Dora the Explorer and Elmo. That would be a tragedy!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Hi Druid

I lurked here for many years before joining. For me ATS is now my home - simple. As you know I go to sea for a living and this site has given me such solitude during those times away that many members here I do indeed consider my family - and some of them don't even know it. I am in the unique position where I usually remain logged on all day and have spent untold hours reading member threads and posts to get to know them better.

"Avatar Creations" is definitely my nesting area because the guys there are simply awesome and you only have to flick through the last few pages (at any stage) to get a feel of the real sense of community there. We've had our fights, jokes, serious talk and everything - its really something for me.

For instance: The witty purple bird I call Shellie or moonpie - because he is a real genius when you get him in the zone and the Sheldon Cooper thing cropped up and we have run with it.

You - I know you can't quite tell the difference between a wolf and a giraffe

Today, I spat the dummy for the first time ever at Slayer, Heff, Tenth, Neo, Sonny and Beezzer all in one hit here and explained myself here.

Why would I do that? well the contents of both those posts says it all - this place means so much to me that the only time I venture outside is to gather stuff to bring back in.

Mum and Dad gave me my first books when I was 7 (1 on ghosts, 1 on ufos and 1 on unsolved mysteries) and I have been on a journey ever since - 33 years later & I think this place is my destination.

S&F

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Overall, can you say, as a member of ATS, have you learned something new? Explain.
edit on 10/17/12 by Druid42 because: edited the headline...ugh..bad formatting...

Learn anything new? nothing groundbreaking I have learned here, but I dont come here to learn--I come here for entertainment. Some of the posters I find the most entertaining are the ones who constantly try to uphold the status quo, this is a conspiracy website after all? Those who constantly dismiss any alternate reading of an event hold the most value for me, because I see this as damage control.

Im also a Laws student so I like arguing with people--no shortage of argument on here

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What do I get from ATS?

Info and perspectives on many different subjects that interest me.

Bald, from pulling my hair out at all the political posts...mainly the ones I disagree with...lol

Most of all, what I have noticed over the past few years is the fact that many times you will see news here, that you do not see on the MSM for days, weeks, months, or never.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I get to see posts full of ignorance.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I get a wealth of information, ideas, links and videos, and a knowledge-download not found elsewhere.

In addition to that, I often get an ulcer, and many times...a massive headache

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ah, a short story forum! I'll have to contemplate that. I like to write as well.
At first, I only read the Paranormal section. Now, the politics forums are giving me a wealth of information and juicy theories about the current political atmosphere. I can actually respond in a conversation about current events with my parents now.
edit on 18-10-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
ATS makes my brain work. I'm denying ignorance here and expanding my world view. Reading other people's opionions and understanding their views.

Physically I don't get anything from here.

Mentally, I get alot

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What do I get?
A wide variety of perspectives.
New things Id not have the chance to find elsewhere.. all in one spot.
Ive made a few close friends here, a few off line friends from here, some friends, a heck of a lot of neutrals.. and even some pains right square in my butt.

Right now I have a raging headache and sinus infections.. and Im pretty sure I got it from ATS.. or an alien implant.. so that counts too I guess.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
What I like about ATS is the sheer number of people and topics that flow through it on a daily basis.. you always interact with someone new and there's always ideas you've never heard of.. Much of it I tend to toss into the ridiculous pile.. but occasionally there's a gem in there.

I also get challenged to think differently.. and it also gives me material to research so it can at times be intellectually stimulating.. Though I have to confess, some of the threads here make me feel like I cal feel my IQ dropping.

=)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I thought about it as well and opened a thread as per what folks learned on ATS after becoming a member
See my signature.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Honestly I just come here to mess with people.

I have gained some useful info. and it's fun to discuss the news but mostly I come to[SNIP]with people.

edit on 18-10-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
People here are different. There's no denying that. Never found a place that could irritate me so, make me laugh till I cry, get some tears out of me without the laughing, blow my mind and teach me so much.

Thank you

Now about your makeup....

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

I judge those who judge others.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

From ATS I get some insight on interest I have with ET existing and OOBE that I always wondered about in relation to soul activity outside the body. I have learned to view UFO (some) as gov craft here for whatever reason and some are unidentified space craft but doubt many are allowed into EA*RTH space. I have also gained better clarity on religion and its possible origins from the cosmos from some of the data I obtained from ATS. So me being a religion-science-ufology type of person ATS has helped me personally.

Ever think of how a person who has really seen ufo(s) feels when at first so many around them doubt them or think they are crazy and then they find others who share similar interest or information that validates. Its a hard path to follow and accept, at times 1 may even begin to doubt what they seen with their own eyes from so much doubt being present.

Overall ATS is a cool learning center you just got to somehow develop a filter to see the gems present here and learn from them... I seldomly enter other interweb conspiracy theory sites though for some reason, its like something says avoid avoid avoid lol
so I do.
edit on 10/18/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

To be honest, it took me 3 years to join because the things I read said the "US government is monitoring users of this site." I thought by joining I was automatically going on some "black list", so I just read the site and kept my thoughts to myself.

Two years ago I decided to join because, well, the US government can monitor me all they want... I'm fairly boring but I do entertain different ideas, and I think the official story is crap a lot of the time. So in the end it came to me knowing I'm not that important in the scheme of things, so I'll have my guilty ATS pleasure.

ETA: What do I get from ATS? A revisit to my childhood, where I'd spend hours in the library looking at UFO, Big Foot, Lochness Monster type books. I started looking at that stuff again and found ATS was the most comprehensive site for it - plus I've learned of all new mysterious since joining.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What do you get from ATS?

You get banned. Lots get banned.There should be forum only open to individuals banned by ATS and called the ATS Banned Honour Roll conspiracy site.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Viking9019

I judge those who judge others.

...therefore you must judge yourself.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm not really big on forums, but I love the ideas put forth by the members and I'm always learning something new.

It's also helped me wake up a little and see what's really going on in the world and love sharing my experiences. I haven't met any friends yet, but I'm sure with time I will.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Sharing special moments with like minded individuals.

Recently the high altitude jump by Felx on the Redbull stratos project.

When Aliens finally land, i am sure we all be together as well sharing that moment to

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join