It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Todd still being bullied after her death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by boncho

Biggest problem with this story? Nobody cared until after she was dead.

Yes I agree. Often peeps do not care. Maybe some good will come out of it all yet.. Like increasing suicide awareness and stuff like that.

There doesn't need to be suicide awareness. There needs to be people that instil some bloody self esteem in their kids.

The school system, adults in general make kids feel like their stupid. Instead of focusing on positives that actually let them be proud of themselves.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The whole thing makes me sick.

it makes me wish I were a Q continuum entity, or similar so that I could level my wrath at these ill mannered cretins.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Take a good long look. You people who do not believe evil exists, you're staring at it. Humanity is evil period and now we have weapons capable of rendering the earth lifeless.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
We all create our own reality. The great thing about plugging into face book or any other social gathering is that you can also unplug. The half wit morons that are leaving hateful posts have created their own reality too. Pathetic stuff.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I've seen some members on ATS in other threads absolutely fall apart publicly, ranting at people, calling people names, bighting peoples heads off, because they posted about "I love her, but I'm not sure what to do." and some of them I've not seen post again.

It's funny what reading old threads you can learn about some people on ATS.

But these were well liked, well thought of people. And they flip out over a relationship, and they're adult.

Do you think that it's all one single simple little thing this girl was going though? How much she must have felt to scream out for help at the same time likely planning to end her life? How trapped someone must feel to be so blatantly public on the cusp of life and death?

Man there are so many experts around... and most of them are just as likely to make bad decisions if life seems to be swallowing them up...

easier to point the finger and mock decrying her behaviour because none of us have ever done stupid things as a young adult, and lived to regret it...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Maybe they should make her facebook page private, for these kind of reasons..... Either way, who cares what some lame kids say about her on the internet? People seem to want to get her worldwide attention for killing herself, well this is whatcha gonna get....

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
You know it really sickens`me when I read stories such as these. The part that sickens me most is seeing people responding to such a tragic loss of a young life with comments faulting the one lost for being weak or sensitive, and brushing off the ones bullying as being "normal".

I realize that most likely all of the adults on here at one time or another during their formative years was on one side or the other of a situation involving bullying which is most likely why there is some societal measure of acceptability of school age bullying. But as wise person once noted "He who fails to learn from history. is doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over" I urge anyone who thinks that this is just a normal, acceptable part of growing up to stop a minute and ask themselves, exactly what aspect of singling out a person that most likely one knows little about then while encouraging others to join in and do the same as if it were a game proceed to belittle them, bully them, harm them emotionally and physically on a regular possibly daily basis as a means of entertainment (and a means of boosting ones`own self-esteem) is normal and acceptable? In my opinion when a person's sense of self esteem is so poor that they feel the need to use and abuse another human life to obtain the approval they feel they are so desperately lacking from which they can gain a sense of self worth they are unable to find in themselves is suffering a much greater dysfunction and poses a much greater danger to society than those who are faulted for being "weak or too sensitive:

It is an unfortunate side effect of the technological growth in our society that our youth are exposed to and pressured either by the ill intent of another or the desire to fit in into situations they are not mature enough to fully grasp the potential consequences of nor are they emotionally mature enough to deal with consequences that go bad. Although their physical appearance or demeanor might appear adult and sufficiently capable psychologically their brains do not reach such a level of maturity until around the age of 22.

In summary bullying is not acceptable it does hurt, it does leave scars and those in age groups of elementary and secondary schooling are more emotionally vulnerable than adults, they aren't just learning academics they are also learning how to manage in society eventually as an adult.

Reading about this I came across one article about an oft maligned group who gathered together unselfishly to protect others from some of what this girl went through, and shone a sparkling light of hope in the midst of this darkness

Amanda Todd's stalker tracked down by cyber-hackers, Anonymous

link   

edit on 10/18/12 by Pixiefyre because: multiple posts computer has a mind `of it's own

link   

edit on 10/18/12 by Pixiefyre because: deleting due to coputer having mind of it's own

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This story is very tragic indeed, from many different perspectives. Some of the posters here are wondering why her facebook page is still active; most of the facebook activity is from memorial pages created by other people. I'm astounded at the amount of hateful comments posted on those pages. Apparently others are reacting to those comments as well; in the news yesterday was a story about a young man getting fired from his job after someone complained to his employer about his facebook comments. Yes, his employer was listed on his facebook page.

Regarding comments about teen suicide, some posters have commented about the rising rates of suicide among young people. This news article states that, overall, youth suicides have steadily decreased since the 80's (in Canada at least) but the suicide rate for teen girls has been rising. I personally feel the main cause is the early sexualization of young girls; they feel pressure to become sexual early and become depressed if/when they don't compare to others in their age bracket.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Explanation: St*rred!

Do you think that it's all one single simple little thing this girl was going though?

No! Here is why ...

She flashed her boobs and didnt think through the consequences of that and then she killed herself over it.

Those consequences were quite complex.

Do you think she should have not thought them through to the Nth degree and all possible logical conclusions?

How much she must have felt to scream out for help at the same time likely planning to end her life?

Yes. I think the vid she made makes that very obvious.

Do you think that excuses her actions??

How trapped someone must feel to be so blatantly public on the cusp of life and death?

Yes. Who doesn't want to be remembered (for better or worse)???

And ...

Aren't you and I also trapped on this prison planet???

Personal Disclosure: She was not a young adult ... she was 15!

Now to bring in the weird and spooky side of things ...

1stly with the level of technology we possess the ability to make people from an atomic level up is not beyond inconcievable.

Therefor is she really dead? ... Or is she just dissassembled and waiting to emerge when the time and place (ie new body same form down to the synaptic connections that make up her physical memeories etc.] is right?

2ndly I read thread on quantum biology on ATS and science is seriously looking at the potential of discovering the immaterialness of the soul using quantum mechanics relative to biology and biological systems.

If it was scientifically proven that shes not dead, and is an immortal soul, and that she is in some weird existential kind of afterlife,... then doesn't that lessen the pain of her apparent loss?

Because we would also be immortal souls and so its just a matter of time before we meet them again.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Maybe they should make her facebook page private, for these kind of reasons..... Either way, who cares what some lame kids say about her on the internet? People seem to want to get her worldwide attention for killing herself, well this is whatcha gonna get....

for gods sake !!!!

mabye they shouldnt have a memorial facebook page, social media was the downfall of this poor girl, if she was my family the last thing i would do is put a memorial on facebook, social media destroyed her life, why give it the opportunity to destroy her in death !!!! crazy.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Undeadlady

Originally posted by dayve

for gods sake !!!!

mabye they shouldnt have a memorial facebook page, social media was the downfall of this poor girl, if she was my family the last thing i would do is put a memorial on facebook, social media destroyed her life, why give it the opportunity to destroy her in death !!!! crazy.

The memorial pages aren't created or operated by her family; they were made by other (no doubt well-meaning) people.

I agree with you Undeadlady, all the attention via MSM and social media must be causing untold amounts of grief to her family. There's a reason why suicide cases aren't generally reported; hearing about suicide in the news tends to push others "over the edge" so to speak. All the attention this case is getting may unfortunately be damaging to other at-risk teens.
edit on 18-10-2012 by avocadoshag because: Added something

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

If there are people on the internet parading her as a Hero then you would have the exact opposite parading her as a whore.

Dead is dead, i feel bad for the parents more than Amanda herself.
edit on 10/18/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join