It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Todd still being bullied after her death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Even as anti-bullying activists and most of the world mourns the suspected suicidal death of bullied Canadian teen Amanda Todd, cyberbullies are still beating up on the now deceased 15-year old as vengeful and hateful posts to the Facebook memorial pages established to honor her began appearing yesterday.

www.examiner.com...

This is just plain sick. This young lady is dead and still peeps will not let her Rest in Peace. The world we live in sometimes can be a sad messed up place. I for one am glad to see some online activism against such bullying..

For anyone that does not know this story..
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is why I hate society.

All they're really doing is making things miserable, for themselves and everyone else.

It was a sad thing that happened, and we should learn from it, but this is just shameful.

The matter should just be dropped, and people should move on with their lives.

I'm sorry for what happened, and I can understand people's frustration, but this just isn't a healthy way to deal with this kind of thing.

Let it go, and move on.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What if they stole her grave stone and dug up the body and took it?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
On the otherside of the coin one can get angry at the fact that she ended her life because she cared what others thought. Stupid for her for doing it.

What is this teaching kids, when things get bad freak out and kill yourself?

You dumb young kids care way too much about what others think and are wiling to do the dumbest things to be accepted.

Its tragic but damn her for killing herself. Suicide? Really? How about the young teen who was in a car accident and spends his or her life being spoon fed and having diapers changed as they are wheeled around in their wheelchair. I am sure the wheelchair kid would trade a lifetime of being called names by strangers and internet retards then to live in that chair.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

On the otherside of the coin one can get angry at the fact that she ended her life because she cared what others thought. Stupid for her for doing it.

That is harsh. Maybe she was over-sensitive. but sensitivity should not be mistaken for stupidity. One is an admiral quality the other is not.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
There is a lot of sick people in the world. And society is to blame for a lot of it. Look at how we entertain ourselves our most popular video games deal with death and violence our most popular movies deal with death and violence our most popular music deals with violence and degrading other people. The youth of today idolizes drug dealers other criminals and murderers. We are doing nothing but preprograming the human race to think that violence is acceptable and it will lead to our destruction. Hopefully this poor girl finds the peace she was wanting.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
What if they stole her grave stone and dug up the body and took it?

Apart from real bad taste.. What are you trying to get at here...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Explanation: Uhmmm?

She flashed her boobs and didnt think through the consequences of that and then she killed herself over it.

She is surely the prime contributor in her own downfall [looks at wayward parents
]

This is not to say the bullies didn't contribute to that ... THEY DID, but it is clear from the actions that she took that she most likely would have made herself a victim in some other way.

Personal Disclosure: Her own online vid is proof she didn't want to rest in peace otherwise she would have kept that private.

I present this other youtube vid that clearly explains everything ... and maybe if she had taken a few minutes to listen to it and learn ... things may have turned out differently ...

Lazyboy - Underwear Goes Inside the Pants!

Relevant lyrics at 1min through till 1min 25sec.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well the thing is, bullies, are cowards.

Now when you have bullies on the internet,well, they are almost invincible hiding behind their computer.

I guarantee you that confrontation IRL with these so called "cyberbullies", would end with the soiling of their pants.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Biggest problem with this story? Nobody cared until after she was dead. Police were involved ages ago and still nothing, which is surprising after reading what happened. So what example is society setting for similar people with same complex? "Well, we care about you once your dead..."

Not right...

Moral highground? Don't see it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest
Well the thing is, bullies, are cowards.

Now when you have bullies on the internet,well, they are almost invincible hiding behind their computer.

I guarantee you that confrontation IRL with these so called "cyberbullies", would end with the soiling of their pants.

Have you read over the story? There were "bullies" online so to speak, but the direct confrontation at school, in real life and people that knew her seems what caused the most damage. Being that it was people in real life that were affecting her, they weren't hiding behind a computer.

Part of that was the girls behaviour as well. The parents in this case seem fully out to lunch during the whole time it transpired...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I saw the utterly nasty things posted on the FB page, and most all of them were from males. WTF?? Saying she was a ho-bag for dressing the way she did, that she was a sl*t and deserved the bullying, etc.

There were some nice people on there, but approximately 25% were from real d-bags who are exactly like the creeps she was bullied and tortured by.

I lost a bit of my faith in the goodness of human nature when I saw that....and then I realized that, of course, the way we're raising males now is to blame. Our society mistakes bullying and cruelty for strength, coldness and lack of compassion with being emotionally in control, and aggression and violence with being masculine.

Our society desperately needs a reset. Young girls are sexualized at a very early age, pressured to be sexy when they are still in grade school, and every day it is hammered into their brains that they are only worth something if a boy says they are pretty or desireable. No wonder that poor, confused girl acted the way she did, being tricked by a boy online to show her goods.

I don't remember too many kids killing themselves when I was in school in the 70s, but I do remember a boy in my high school who was bullied to the point of commiting suicide. He did it in such a horrible way, too....he inhaled a bunch of that Pam non-stick cooking spray, coating his lungs so that he suffocated. Another kid put a shot gun in his mouth, but he lived....brain damaged, but he lived.

This isn't a new phenomenon, but it is becoming more common, and we as adults need to step up and stop the torture for these children.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I can't help but observe that this is one of those situations where the belief in something..any form of Faith can be helpful and comforting. For example, I have absolutely NO doubt in my mind, not a shred, that these mean spirited little twits are going to pay pretty hard for this. Not by someone else. Not by any law. It might even take years to come back to them...and sometimes does.

Some day though, these people that find amusement in ridiculing and running down the dead, particularly one who died so broken in Soul, will find their own lives going to hell and probably never even relate the two. It doesn't matter.... Karma doesn't need understanding any more than the Ocean needs belief to drown in it.

Every dog has it's day...and some even have a few of them.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

What is this teaching kids, when things get bad freak out and kill yourself?

You dumb young kids care way too much about what others think and are wiling to do the dumbest things to be accepted.

Its tragic but damn her for killing herself. Suicide? Really? How about the young teen who was in a car accident and spends his or her life being spoon fed and having diapers changed as they are wheeled around in their wheelchair. I am sure the wheelchair kid would trade a lifetime of being called names by strangers and internet retards then to live in that chair.

I really don't think you have any right to measure someones pain.

Quite honestly the way this world is so cruel and judgmental, I don't blame someone for offing themselves, especially young ones who have been tormented, even if it was because of something stupid they did.

Call them whatever you will, at least they don't have to live in a world of hateful accusations, and all around callousness. Yes..many of us still have to put up with heartless dick**** s like you, but at least Amanda doesn't, and she doesn't have to listen to any more trash talk about her either.

Do I think suicide is the answer..NO !...but I can understand that the mentality of this world is enough to push people over the edge..screaming..."I don't wanna live in this world anymore"..and in all honesty..I can't say I blame them.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Biggest problem with this story? Nobody cared until after she was dead.

Yes I agree. Often peeps do not care. Maybe some good will come out of it all yet.. Like increasing suicide awareness and stuff like that.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
And with her death and all the media attention surrounding it many young girls will be spared the humiliation she endured. Young teen gets the bright idea to get naked on camera for someone- Young teen remembers reading about this girl and what can happen when you dont use your head- Young teen keeps clothes on goes to Harvard cures cancer.

Her death was not in vain imo.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by boncho

Biggest problem with this story? Nobody cared until after she was dead.

Yes I agree. Often peeps do not care. Maybe some good will come out of it all yet.. Like increasing suicide awareness and stuff like that.

There were people who cared, because I saw the video she made long before she killed herself, if she did even kill herself...I'm starting to have doubts about that....you just never know in the crazy screwed up world.

I'm sure some reached out to her, because there was public awareness made some time ago.

I honestly think there is more to this story, and we may never know the whole truth.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
And with her death and all the media attention surrounding it many young girls will be spared the humiliation she endured. Young teen gets the bright idea to get naked on camera for someone- Young teen remembers reading about this girl and what can happen when you dont use your head- Young teen keeps clothes on goes to Harvard cures cancer.

Her death was not in vain imo.

Um. See here is this delusional thinking that gets us into trouble as a society. And why hundreds of thousands of people care afterwards (simply to say 'i told you so').

Number one, the girl did more than go on cam from what I read from the articles, she also slept with a guy who had a steady girlfriend in her school, and that caused many issues for her. But that's besides the point. That message will probably be left out of most media reports (don't mess with other people's relationships) while they focus on the message you are implying (don't get naked on cam).

Well, technically, she was underage, and not only she shouldn't have been on, but no one should have been looking either. But again, besides the point.

The point of this post is to address the idiotic stereotype you laid out in your post.

"Well, now that Jimmy is dead from drinking too much, you kids better never drink and be smart and go to Harvard"

Paraphrasing of course. Different issue, still applies? It's nonsense.

I recently read a blog of a Harvard student who updated their weekly sexual escapades. It caused a stir because they school didn't want the rest of their esteemed membership to have private details aired in the way it was. Too bad, first amendment.

In any case, sexual life/prowess/preference has nothing to do with being educated or the ability gain a useful education...

So heres a new one,

-(legal) teen takes clothes off goes to Harvard cures cancer, doesn't allow people to hurt her ego-

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I'm sure some reached out to her, because there was public awareness made some time ago.

There didn't need to be public awareness. The only awareness needed was familial awareness, and in the case where crimes were committed in her story (which there were) police awareness.

There was both. Both failed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join