It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is this mystery now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

i like this one listening to it now

Eckhart Tolle The Dao De Ching אקהרט טולה הטאו דה צ'ינג

i guess im forrest gump

edit on 18-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Who is really here?
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I like Umani really easy to listen to, deep examining and calmful disposition, and soulful expression in her face.

The thing she emphasised is the self is created by thought, and that thought judges everything, and is the source of our unhappiness.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Here is a lovely interveiw with Unmani.
youtu.be...
I think you will enjoy it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

listening, i like listening to her. The interviewer keeps calling her radical, i dont know why.

shes clever in a unassuming way.

The interviewer voice it sounds like he is mesmerised.

yes i like her

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I am always present watching and listening to whatever is arising presently.
You are too but you do not realize it yet.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Once you see it, hear it, whatever you want to call it, your now is gone. You just don't realize it yet.

Now is never 'gone'.
How long is now?
www.youtube.com...

There is no now.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Lol you know saying that was like a stirring a bee hive nest with a stick

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I know. Perhaps that's why I said it... and with no arguments to support it no less. We'll see what happens.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Philosophy can be interesting, and expands one's mind, very often, with mere simplicities. It is the often convoluted that confuses rather than confound, and tries to get away as ' exclusive' or 'esoteric' only for the initiated. True philosophy does not work that way.

However, to truly understand even simple Philosophy, one must first be firmly grounded on REALITY.

Reality is what what we can rationalize using our brains upon on 5 basic senses reaction to our world and environments - hear, touch, smell, taste and see.

The higher our education OR experiences in life, or both combined, the better and more reliable our perceived reality will be, to be able to cut through falsehoods, lies and delusions.

Reality is what we experience now. But when measured against time, it is only a fleeting moment, like grasping water with hands. No mortal can hold water in that manner, for it will quickly flow through.

However, it had been a reality that you did grasped water a moment ago. You did not dreamed it, nor imagined it. Such are realities - experiences that happened, and stays in our memory of events that happened and not imagined, regardless if it was only a second ago, or ages past when you were born.

There is no mystery of 'now'. You are living and experiencing it, and in a split second's time, you would only have 'lived' it. That 'now' is gone, into your memory banks, and replaced by another new 'now' as you breathe.

What 'will be' is the true mystery, for NO mortal had or even can predict the future WITH ACCURACY. Theories perhaps, but never 'reality'.

Thus, master REALITY first, before you step into the world of philosophy.

If one is not grounded in reality, it is easy to get confused and lost in those new thoughts and beliefs, and worse if they are convoluted without any meaning or relation to real life, becoming deluded and unable to live in the 'now'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join