It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Who is this mystery now?

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The real mystery is Now, and what is happening right now, there is no greater mystery. The awareness of space, or time, of you and i and what is happening right now. What does it take to be in the now experience it directly and feel it now.

This is the now because there is nothing but now and to consider anything different is not in the now. There is nothing that will be, or was because there is only the Now!


What kind of person has the strength and fortitude to live in the Now! What is tthe make up of this person?
Does anyone know of such a being?
I mean not the person who talks about it, and pretends it as there number is great no doubt. I mean the person who
really walks the walk in the mystery of the Now?

Who is this mystery?




posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage
 
Most are in the 'then' and 'yet'.

Have you been smoking alone?



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
No one can live in the now. As soon as one thinks he's living in the now, it's already in the past.



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
No one can live in the now. As soon as one thinks he's living in the now, it's already in the past.


Life is now.
Thinking happens now.
Reflection of thought happens now.
Past is a thought happening now.
Nothing can appear outside of presence.



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
No one can live in the now. As soon as one thinks he's living in the now, it's already in the past.


Life is now.
Thinking happens now.
Reflection of thought happens now.
Past is a thought happening now.
Nothing can appear outside of presence.


Life is life.
Thinking happens after the fact.
Reflection is of the past.
Past is a thought of the past.
Now can appear outside of the presence.



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope
 


It amazes me how anyone can believe that they will ever experience past or future. Past and future are just words spoken in the present.



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by LesMisanthrope
 


It amazes me how anyone can believe that they will ever experience past or future. Past and future are just words spoken in the present.


So is the present and now.

ETA:

I agree with what you say, itsnowagain. The only problem is that we are thinkers. As soon as we think about something in the present, the moment we're thinking about, which we would call now, is already in the past. As soon as we reflect on 'now,' the moment is already gone. Its quite obvious that we can never experience past or future, but I'd go even further and say because we're thinkers, we cannot fathom 'now.'
edit on 17-10-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope
 


No one can fathom now but it can be experienced directly.
The 'now/presence' is the only 'time' experienced but the mind cannot comprehend 'this nowness'. Only when the speaking mind shuts up is the presence felt.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by LesMisanthrope
 


No one can fathom now but it can be experienced directly.
The 'now/presence' is the only 'time' experienced but the mind cannot comprehend 'this moment'. Only when the speaking mind shuts up is the presence felt.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


I agree. It just seems so obvious. If we're technical however, and phenomena are interpreted through electrical signals passed through the senses, we are doomed to never experience that 'now'—as time passes between when the moment's stimulus hits the senses and when it is interpreted by the brain.

Our present is technically in the past.


edit on 17-10-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
I agree with what you say, itsnowagain. The only problem is that we are thinkers. As soon as we think about something in the present, the moment we're thinking about, which we would call now, is already in the past. As soon as we reflect on 'now,' the moment is already gone. Its quite obvious that we can never experience past or future, but I'd go even further and say because we're thinkers, we cannot fathom 'now.'
edit on 17-10-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)


See this is where we differ you believe you are the thinker.
Whereas I am the hearer of thoughts arising presently.
I am always present watching and listening.



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


That doesn't change anything. Your present is in the past. Now cannot be reached.



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


That doesn't change anything. Your present is in the past. Now cannot be reached.



Are you not seeing now?



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope
 


I am always present watching and listening to whatever is arising presently.
You are too but you do not realize it yet.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by LesMisanthrope
 


I am always present watching and listening to whatever is arising presently.
You are too but you do not realize it yet.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


Once you see it, hear it, whatever you want to call it, your now is gone. You just don't realize it yet.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The mystery is the cracks that open between the past and now, and between the future and now. The cracks out sprouts awarness and consciouness.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by LesMisanthrope
 


I am always present watching and listening to whatever is arising presently.
You are too but you do not realize it yet.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


Once you see it, hear it, whatever you want to call it, your now is gone. You just don't realize it yet.


Now is never 'gone'.
How long is now?
www.youtube.com...



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


I guess i was trying to explain the mystery of what now actually is because its just kinda weird really



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


thanks for vid link will listen



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage
 


It is weird.
What is weirder is that there are people who deny it.
This moment of presence is Christ and through this moment the Father can be found. And people are denying it!
Humans are lost in thought, lost in time.
God says have no other gods because god knows that there is only now, only this. But because humans can only think in past and future they are missing the only truth. The thinking is distracting them from the truth.

This is why people suffer because they are denying God. They live in the images they produce in the mind instead of living in reality. They live in the dark - they are vampires. When you come to this moment where the light is the heaviness of live lifts and the light is felt.

This is Eckhart Tolle - the writer of the book 'The Power of Now'.
youtu.be...

Find Out Who You Are Now:
youtu.be...
edit on 18-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


I agree with you. I have been practicing the Now. Its incredible because enhances everything i am experiencing greater depth with my feelings and experiences, its like total focus and awarness on a single thing.


Returning to the source in life and not waiting until death...the formless, the timeless in you...Thats the Now!
edit on 18-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join