It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nike dumps Lance Armstrong as he steps down from his Livestrong charity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by DavidsHope

The drugs and techniques of blood doping (transfusions) are not illegal as a whole, just banned substances and practices within this particular sport. Riders every year are banned for multiple years for failing a wide variety of tests. Armstrong paid handsomely to cover his tracks and mask the agents and transfusions that he was using and manipulating.

The list of banned substances is quite extensive and includes many over the counter remedies and common prescriptions.

The first three items on the following list are the primary substances and techniques that are used today and by Armstrong
bikepure.org...

Use of Intravenous needles, IV tubing, and Blood products are strict prescription only. Even Physicians that prescribe them are subject to usage as outlined by the USDA. If I were caught with any of those items in my possession for any reason other than a justifiable medical reason I would go to prison, and so would you.
These products are illegal. A Dr that prescribes them for use other than medical need is also Illegal.
This is why all of the needles and blood, and tubing was immediately discarded. It was done so they would not be in legal trouble. Laws in France are similar as in other counties. These items are against the law if not used in accordance to the law. Something I am very familiar since I am a retired Registered Nurse.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Does anyone have a link or a list that tells what the evidence against him is? As far as I know he never tested positive. So there should be pretty damning evidence against him.

Here is the full report. Just click the different tabs at the top of the page.
cyclinginvestigation.usada.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Good information!! Thank you. That is why Lance's team doctor is under investigation as well as the big gun Dr. Michele Ferrari who Armstrong paid handsomely. 3 doctors in total have been named in this report.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
uhhh ... doesn't the constitution say somethin' like GUILTY 'TILL PROVEN INNOCENT.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

There's a reason why I asked for a list. I'm not going to read +200 page report of a subject I know nothing of. I was just curious of the evidence. If no direct evidence is presented then how come he seems to labelled guilty by everyone? I don't understand this kind of witch hunt at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
well i find it hard to believe a man would cheat just for the fame of it all. its still all about the money.

this is another example of a greedy man not playing fair. doping just encourages the already borderline "business" that athleticism shouldn't be. imo

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

In the cycling world it is more about blood doping than steroids. But you would be hard pressed to find the elite (1st place position riders) that are not doping either knowingly or unwittingly.

There are a number of athletes that see doctors and nutritionists under the impression they are being treated with legal substances but are administered banned ones. There are athletes that know full well what they are doing. But mitigating fallout often involves them not even knowing.

I understand why the behaviour will never be condoned. But lambasting someone the way they have Lance, is just hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bisman
well i find it hard to believe a man would cheat just for the fame of it all. its still all about the money.

this is another example of a greedy man not playing fair. doping just encourages the already borderline "business" that athleticism shouldn't be. imo

I assume you've never played competitive sports...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bisman

These guys were cheating just to be able to compete with their fellow cyclists who were also doping. And around and around it goes.... It's quite the elaborate process that goes way beyond popping a few pills or shooting up some anabolic steroids...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Check a few posts up. I posted the entire report which you can just read piece by piece. No need to go through the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ok so there's no actual smoking gun but a ton of testimony and evidence? I looked briefly but that site is huge. I was hoping for something like "Armstrong in a photo shooting himself up with X-medicine"

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I totally agree with you. The report does not make sense and I only skimmed though it for maybe 3 minutes tops. www.abovetopsecret.com... That post could relate.

DavidsHope, Syringes are not illegal if you are caught with them its perfectly fine in most states. I know in NY you can go to your grocery store pharmacy, ask for 10 syringes and walk out the front door with just showing proof of you being 18+. Or order 200+ online with no restrictions which is perfectly legal, hell you can even buy them on Amazon.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
In any sport where endorsements and big money changes hands, is rife with drugs, corruption and in many cases organized crime.

Even in Texas high school and college football; steroids are in common use and by and large overlooked by the coaches and administration.

sports.espn.go.com...

It's all rigged just like AJ said. If you want to play the book; past performance isn't a good indication but a look at the owners, trainers, coaches, etc. background might give you a better edge.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The guy is a cheating scumbag who hasn't even the courage to hold up his hands and say "Yes I did wrong" I hear now these companies are going to sue him for every penny he has...good I say.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join