It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lance Armstrong: Tour organizers remain silent as 11 former teammates testify

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Lance Armstrong: Tour organizers remain silent as 11 former teammates testify

The Andreus were former friends of Armstrong. Betsy became close friends with Armstrong's ex-wife, Kristin Armstrong, when they were living in Europe. She has been one of Armstrong's most consistent and unapologetic critics.
"I am absolutely grateful to USADA. They didn't cave to political pressure nor to the once powerful Armstrong and his mafia tactics," Betsy Andreu said Thursday in an email to The AP. "You didn't need to dope to finish 111th in the Tour, but you needed to dope to be on Lance's Tour team and/or make the big money
." Although Frankie Andreu admitted to doping while on Armstrong's team, he did so reluctantly and expressed reservations.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Take note of my previous thread being closed instead of being moved to another forum.
Read it and you will find that many links were404d after posted.
More news
Lances docs face charges
US Anti-Doping Agency posts results of Lance Armstrong probe, say his team ran 'sophisticated' doping program

Read more:
www.foxnews.com...

"The evidence also includes direct documentary evidence including financial payments, emails, scientific data and laboratory test results that further prove the use, possession and distribution of performance enhancing drugs by Lance Armstrong and confirm the disappointing truth about the deceptive activities of the USPS Team, a team that received tens of millions of American taxpayer dollars in funding," USADA CEO Travis Tygart said in a statement. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 10/11/2012 by dbates because: Fixed broken links

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Before posting my ats thread a while back many questions were raised in my mind.
When i began the thread i had no dought that he was nothing more than a hero under fire from haters.
Then our most starred memer showed up after i pasted some wiki info about the situation. No big deal right?
Well soon after that then all my links were 404d and soon after that my thread was closed because of another thread posted minutes before.
In my view mine took a turn into a more conspiratorial view of the evidence and would have better served the truth if just moved into a different forum. Now evidence shows to me my suspisions that arose after that were true.

Never the less Lance is a hero of mine and i am a seeker of the truth.
ATS what is the truth in your opinion???

Also did the injections that he possibly have aid in his battle over cancer???
edit on 11-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Never heard of him, except that he rides a bike.
I ride a bike and I take enhancing chemicals.
I like this Lance guy, I think.

And he has cancer?!

Forget it. I'm not sure I like him anymore

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I am wondering if his doping contributed to his testicular cancer.

I have read several articles and the scope of the investigation is pretty damning... including his wife, best friend and team member,... almost secret agent stuff at the level at which the doping and coverup occurred.

The other question that came to mind... Why was the US Postal Service sponsering a bike team considering the pending crisis in their operations? No wonder they are going belly up.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think the evidence against Lance is irrefutable. What would those testifying against him have to gain? Were they not members of a team that had the winner of many tours at the helm?

Lance fought cancer and beat it, for that I totally admire him. For the many hours spent fund raising for cancer charities, I continue to admire him.

Whilst it's clear that many top riders were using performance enhancing substances throughout Lance's reign, I always believed he was one of the good guys. How foolish has he made many of us look?

It now appears Lance was the best of the drug cheats, but a drug cheat is a drug cheat and he deserves to have all titles stripped. He has brought the sport of cycling into disrepute and has left a legacy in tatters.

The only conspiracy I can see in all this, is the conspiracy to cheat his way to the many titles he won.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well I think this was along time coming.

Basically, he was a cheat and deserves to be stripped of his titles.

The UCI have some balls on them too if they continue with the court case against Paul Kimmage.

www.velonation.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I agree and my feelings are that if i could follow his footsteps regardless of the measures i took then i would be an example for all of humanity.
Bottom line he is an inspiration and now an achievable goal for all in suffering.
The drug he reportably had in his system is a substance naturally produced in the human body
On another note all should check out the proven cancer cure from the blushwoodwood tree seed...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I have been a rider for many years. I have followed this mans career for some time. Originally I hesitated to believe he was into this. However, after reading a PDF of the charges against him, I am fully aware there can be no doubt what he was into, what he controlled, and what he has done. It was amazing to read how he reacted to others who were trying to be truthful.
I don't call it doping at all. What this is, is use and possession of Illegal,controlled substances.
What he essentially has done, is rob other riders that were most likely not cheating, of the true title and wins they may have deserved. Not to mention the money and loss of support they could have gained from their fair competition. If they were cheating too, then they need to be exposed. This needs to be a clean sport. Period

He most likely robbed others of something they truly deserved. Wins, recognition, and sponsorships. Literally took it away from the other riders through illegal use of drugs. Not to mention possession of needles, syringes, and even blood products. He may have done a lot of good in the past with his cancer thing, but he will not do so now.
The ends do not justify the means. Ever.
I almost bought a Livestrong spinbike last year...Glad I didn't.
What I did was obtain a nice Lemond Carbon Comp. ...Glad I did.
This is a Shame.
Just a real shame. Now: Why did the Fed drop all it;s charges against him? And if his wife handed out these drugs why didn't she come under scrutiny by the Fed as well? Conspiracy?

edit on 11-10-2012 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Lance has always been a scumbag. Nothing has ever stopped him from doing what he needs to do to win. The saddest thing is that nearly EVERYONE knew......

I can only imagine the angst of other riders that either had too much ethic or too little money to compete on Lance's level. The money lost for the honest riders is the saddest and most criminal thing of all.

Then again cheating has become an American institution.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I never knew.
It is all very sad to me.
Just another manipulation of the masses.
The thing that bothers me the most is how no one gives a crap that lies and deception has played a huge role in their lives along the way to sheepdom.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I read your initial thread awhile back and bit my tongue at all of the Lance supporting.

This in fact was NOT a witch hunt. Lance Armstrong cheated. Everyone knew it. They tried nailing him at every turn but just couldn't PROVE it. Him and his team were always ahead of the curve. Much like a criminal syndicate, and a true Conspiracy Theory exposed.

I'm surprised there isn't more interest here on the topic.

Well of course there isn't...

Americans (N.Americans) just love their 'Heroes".

Of course Lance did much to inspire many people. Livestrong and his charity balances the fact he cheated.

It should come as no surprise that being the "best" comes with great pressure and responsibility. These Athletes at the pinnacle of competition have alot more at stake than your average athlete.*(btw with many average athletes on the juice)

They run multimillion (billion) dollar corporations and charities, with multiple employees, offshoots, and various agencies clamouring for a piece. It's all a well oiled $$ machine. Synthetic doping be damned. Some of these agencies are very powerful and can cover up almost anything.

Of course athletes like Lance Armstrong have unique talents. Freakish even....but when the culture of doping and synthetic juicing becomes the 'only' option, agencies such as USADA have a responsibility to take action at all costs. Even after the fact. I know the debate over legalizing steriods will be brought up, but in no way IMO should this be considered. It is against every fair rule play known.

There are other athletes out there who have astonishing skills and abilities. They too are surrounded by talks and rumours of past use of Steriods. Just like Balco, and Bonds. It's unacceptable to mention without PROOF, but many ''in the know'' await the day...

I hesitate to mention one such athlete as he has already gone through the wringer in his personal life. Also because without the Performance enhancers, he was already the best without question. In the end though...a cheater is a cheater.

I just wish that people opened thier eyes to the reality of it all.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Just very sad.I wouldn't judge him to harshly unless YOU can say you wouldn't have done the same for wealth and fame.Now his life I over.His titles revoked,possible massive lawsuits,forever disgraced.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
It is sad especially as I have been defending Armstrong through all this. His books really helped me and were very inspirational. I just wonder if he was on these drugs before his cancer diagnosis? I thought maybe that after what he had been through with his cancer, he no longer saw taking drugs as a bad thing. Maybe he thought if they could cure his cancer, drugs could help in his riding too.

There's nothing worse than having one of your heroes being exposed for not the person you thought they were
edit on 12-10-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
Just very sad.I wouldn't judge him to harshly unless YOU can say you wouldn't have done the same for wealth and fame.Now his life I over.His titles revoked,possible massive lawsuits,forever disgraced.

I wouldn't equate this as 'sad' as some of you seem to think it is. 'Sad' is when Scruffy gets run over by a car.

'Sad' is when little Suzie gets diagnosed with an incurable illness.

This is the game that Mr. Armstrong chose to play. He got very rich, and made others rich as well.

The moral of the story is to choose very carefully, whom to idolize. There are genuine stories that give you the goosebumps, but they are far and few between.

ETA;; I'm sure Mr. Armstrong could have attained fame and glory without the use of Steriods. Now we'll never know though..will we?
edit on 12-10-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I agree, but when you take inspiration for someone's fight against cancer, is it not possible to take some good from what that person has done. Or does all the attention and money that Armstrong has made for cancer research mean nothing now?

I never idolised Armstrong for his cycling anyway really. It was more his die hard attitude to dealing with his illness.

Maybe sad is the wrong word, disappointment would be better. But I try not to throw the baby out with the bath water in my life. No ones perfect,.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent

Of course Lance did much to inspire many people. Livestrong and his charity balances the fact he cheated.

He was able to create a foundation that has affected many lives postively. Yes..he should be commended for this. However a well noted side affect of steroid abuse is irregularities of the testes. Cancers even. I'm not saying there is a correlation only implying.

But his contrived campaign of bracelets always reeked to me.

The Conspiracy of Cancer research and donations is another thread altogether. The 'mafia' that makes up the Cancer Societies has a whole secretive backstory of it's own.

Have we found a cure yet?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA; the Cancer Research Centre in my parts is the most secretive locked down facility you'll ever have the privelge of NOT seeing. Why is that?
edit on 12-10-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I am wondering if his doping contributed to his testicular cancer.

I have read several articles and the scope of the investigation is pretty damning... including his wife, best friend and team member,... almost secret agent stuff at the level at which the doping and coverup occurred.

The other question that came to mind... Why was the US Postal Service sponsering a bike team considering the pending crisis in their operations? No wonder they are going belly up.

The testosterone patches used by cyclists to aid their recovery after races are applied directly to their testicles.

What could possibly go wrong with that?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
People calling him a low life cheater, and blah blah blah. Do you know what this man did for hundred of thousands of people, and the kind of gratidude this guy had and how much he has helped people. Maybe he is a cheater, but there is no concrete proof but testimony of people with holes in the story, skimming though this report I find alot of holes in the so called "experts" and testimonys which they don't even know what they are talking about.

"to Nice in order to deliver a bottle of pills to Armstrong that she understood to be banned drugs"
(Pg 34)

USADA Report

I don't understand what these pills these are? Its not EPO, Test Undecanoate? No user in there right mind would take Andriol considering the properties of it and how unbalanced it is and considering the fact of how long it is in your system. It is indeed Andriol lol (Pg 110). If this whole ring, and bypass system is actually as advanced as this report makes it out to be Andriol would be the last choice because of the detection time. Test suspension would be my first choice if I had to pick a test (I wouldn't pick one of the testosterones anyways) I would have picked other combinations of drugs, methods and "grey" substances that can't be detected (no I wont tell)
. Either these guys didn't know what they were doing, or this was made up. Both possible, made up is more probable. Andriol is detected in the system for a week, suspension 1-3 days, you decide.

Reading this makes report makes me shake my head, they do not know what they are talking about. If I had one day and took a adderall, I could tear this report up in pieces maybe I will get around too it soon but its midterms in a week, got more important things. If you think sports today though are totally clean, you are wrong. Most football players for example from what I can tell most definitely take performance enhancers. I mean if I was a foot ball player competing for my job getting paid millions, you bet my ass Id be taking HGH. Is it cheating if everyone else is doing it?

Lets see now, congress is going to go in session and make a huge deal over this while ignoring the real issues we face.

www.youtube.com...

30 seconds in. Even Steven. Watch the whole documentary if you can, very very good.

edit on 13-10-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
There was no story that I heard about for years. Then I heard reports that people were vindictive and out to get Armstrong. I read that his ex wife was involved. I read enough when I read that. I believe there could be some against him. Getting others to testify against him is either some kind of blackmail or evidence something was going on. It makes me wonder if something illegal was going on for several years and involved lots of people, why were there no charges in all those years the activities were going on? That makes me wonder if someone with an axe to grind years later was involved.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You cant bring in the work of his charity, its conpletely unrelated. yes its great and positive and i applaud what the CHARITY does...

As for arm(doped)strong.. its sad. i was one of those who always thought he was a good guy and the scandals were jealousy and old scores to settle.. sadly it looks like he indeed is a drug cheat! no better than jones, bond, the chinese etc etc!

you reap what you sew lance abd i hope it doesnt affect the charity!

one more thing, doping in cycling is so rife.. i think its time they held a second tour de france every year! Riders are banned of they arent doping!!! Least it would be fair and no one would be let down!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join