It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songs To Wake Up To

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have radio alarm clock, normally I just leave it on the fuzz as that drives me crazy and gets me up no worries. Lately I've been...well...pretty down...anyway, I must've accidentally knocked the radio onto a station and was woken up with Jazz FM.

The song that woke me up was Uptight (Everything's Alright) by Stevie Wonder. I swear, I woke up never feeling so good and it put the fight right back in me, it made me feel hopeful and gave me a never say die attitude. I hadn't heard the song in quite a long time and forgot how good it was, it's amazing the effect music can have on you, thank the heavens for it.

Following straight after that was Heard It Through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye. Jesus! Could it get any better? I'd never been so glad to wake up after only getting about 3 hours.

I seriously believe that this song is in the Top 5 all time rock'n'roll songs (debatable if you want to class it as that), and that isn't just a personal opinion. Just hearing it, every note, every instrument...every moment is just so beautifully worked out and crafted, it's such a breath taking song...I can't think of many that have been so beautifully produced. Those Motown artists weren't f@#king around, they knew what they were doing ( thank God for my extremely diverse taste in music, otherwise I might've missed out
).

I remember I used to love many years ago getting woken up to Wake up Boo! by the Boo Radleys, another top feel good song.

Anyway after my self obsessed rambling the question is...what song do you or have you loved being woken up to the sound of in the morning?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
For a genuine wakeup call, nothing can beat The Birthday Party's Release The Bats.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
At one apartment that I used to live in. The guy below me had his stero cranking "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns and Roses for his wake up song. It was so loud I could hear it perfectly in my apartment. He ususally didn't get up until 10 so it didn't bother me.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Otsegolectric

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Sunday Morning by the Velvet Underground. That would be on my selection of favourite morning music for sure.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
For a genuine wakeup call, nothing can beat The Birthday Party's Release The Bats.

hahaha!

I don't know if that'll exactly put the same spring in my step, but it was certainly get my arse out of bed in a hurry. Top tune though...

That's definately a good choice also earthtone

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I like waking up to the birds singing

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
OMG.

An ATS sleeping giant awakens.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
I like waking up to the birds singing

Bah! It's a pity you have to wake up to MA's snores instead. awwww

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
When you absolutely positively HAVE to wake up, track one on Muddy Banks of the Wishkah (Nirvana) is sure to wake you up. Chemical Brothers - Where Do I Begin is a good one for the morning after massive partying. One song I would recommend _not_ waking up to is Pink Floyd - Time, because if you come right to consciousness it will freak you out, I've had it happen more than once.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The Chase - by Giorgio Moroder.... from the move Midnight Express.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
The Chase - by Giorgio Moroder.... from the move Midnight Express.

That's a good tune, it'd be a bit of a downer thinking of that movie of a morning though

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
How about Manic Monday?!...

Personally, if I don't have the radio set to the local hard rock station (to which I usually wake up to some bizarre morning show conversation) then I'll usually have my James Taylor CD ready to go

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here's a feel-good morning song to wake up to...

Cat Stevens, "Morning has Broken"

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Good Morning Good Morning by The Beatles. I like that song.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Anything by the thrills or the beatles! Oh and for some reason Mcfly's room on the third floor
yes I know I know...LOL

JAK

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I haven't had the opportunity, but this thread got me thinking and I would like to try Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World

Of course, I'd have to have a large house set in the middle of the country to make the setting complete.

Jack

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I wake up to Pachelbel Canon most mornings.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
oh I got one...

can't believe we didn't think of this one sooner...

Wake me up before you go go.... WHAM !!!
:shk::shk::shk::shk:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
oh I got one...

can't believe we didn't think of this one sooner...

Wake me up before you go go.... WHAM !!!
:shk::shk::shk::shk:

haha I was singing that tonight, too! class, class.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join