It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man as Life's Last Attempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Man as Life’s Last Attempt.

Life arose sometime in the distant past. It persists until this day—but for what?

We see that throughout known history, Life has erupted into various forms like sparks from a blacksmith’s anvil. According to most, Life had arisen from the depths of water to exist on land. It grew fins and legs and became mobile. It grew larger and faster, devouring itself to to stay alive. Soon, it grew wings and took to the skies. It grew intelligence and utilized itself for its own purposes; it grew memory, and out of it vanity, lust, greed, language and knowledge—it grew man.

Now life can fly into space, separating itself from its roots in what is a seemingly arrogant push away from Earth. Man has the lust, arrogance and fortitude to attempt this. We are the vehicle for her final thrust into the void, the same attempt she may have made with the birds and the dinosaurs.

What is Life’s purpose with man? Are we the vessel in which Life delivers herself to another world? Are we her last attempt? Or are we her destroyers?

Just by watching this video do I see Life not giving up any time soon. Look what nature has become—something both beautiful and frightening.

(watch full screen in 1080p HD if you can. Pretty gnarly.)

edit on 16-10-2012 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
For a video about natural phenomena there sure are a lot of human constructs in there, namely the hulking piles of litter referred to as "cities."

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

Nicely written

It's a breathtaking, chest-tightening sensation to consider the busy noisiness of life as it flickers and fades in every niche on Earth. More awesome yet that we're here to admire, fear and and even study it as an experience we're both part of and apart from.

We aren't the first and we *probably* won't be the last line of intelligent, technological creatures on this planet or maybe others. Just like we scratch our heads at the possibilities of Homo Heidelbergensis, some other lineage in the future might puzzle at us. With the rise of technology we might even reach a point when science has no choice but to recognise a split and use a different genus than Homo Sapiens for the 'new breed.'

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
For a video about natural phenomena there sure are a lot of human constructs in there, namely the hulking piles of litter referred to as "cities."

Would you say a beehive or a bird's nest in unnatural? What is the difference in that and the home you live in?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Interesting questions, and as already mentioned, well written. I also enjoyed the video.

All I can really add is, who knows..

It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes though.. "The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert; That's pretty much my motto when it comes to the big questions.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaonez

Would you say a beehive or a bird's nest in unnatural? What is the difference in that and the home you live in?

Well, for starters, a bird's nest traditionally is made of natural materials. The building I live in is constructed of man made materials and is full of chemicals and other harmful agents. I've never heard about a bird dying from radon in its nest. Also, bees and birds don't destroy their surroundings to construct their abodes? Want me to continue?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Interesting how we are expanding outwards all the time, always busy trying to go further and further. In a million years time we probably wont even remember planet earth. Perhaps this is where we are going wrong?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Beautiful habitable planets are extremely valuable and are protected and nurtured. No one will ever destroy Earth, however, the inhabitants can be killed without any problem whatsoever because we can be moved around and reincarnated, where the frequency is suitable. If we were left to our devices, great harm would come to the planet but universe always has wonderful solutions to thorny problems. Earth has gone ahead, without about 85% of humans and it will not allow the 85% to reincarnate here because their frequency or consciousness development is too low. Most of us will end up on some primitive planet, needing population and we can continue to develop our consciousness. Earth has been a prison planet for many of the beings that participated in the rebellion of 1/3 of the angels about 200,000 years ago. They were imprisoned here by not being allowed to reincarnate anywhere else. They took over the planet and the horrible mess we call "normal" today is a result of their tenure. They turned Earth into a slave planet and reveled in their evil actions. Well folks, that is all finally coming to an end. Earth's increased frequency just won't allow these arrogant monsters, to reincarnate here any longer. Don't be surprised if you meet one of these creeps on some primitive planet, trying to keep body and soul together. Humility lost is, humility relearned and TPTB have a lot of learning to do.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

Originally posted by zaonez

Well, for starters, a bird's nest traditionally is made of natural materials. The building I live in is constructed of man made materials and is full of chemicals and other harmful agents. I've never heard about a bird dying from radon in its nest. Also, bees and birds don't destroy their surroundings to construct their abodes? Want me to continue?

Are humans unnatural? You and I are just as much a part of nature as a bird or bee. The things we do, despite the negative consequence is natural as well.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Aww thats so cute1

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by auto73912621
reply to post by inverslyproportional

To be more thorough, as I have been writing on this myself...

We are all h-bits (human-info-bits).

All of existence and time etc sums to zero though things go in and out of existence. Things go in and out of existence on a subatomic level all the time, this is called quantum foam.

Our lives, our experiences, are all small flits into existence from some other phase of existence (or non-existence).

We experience it as whatever we are for those brief moments (or years).

Then we "die" and return back to our original self.

It's scientific reincarnation.

Just thought i'd share some of the thoughts, those of us in another thread have on this subject.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I heard a very interesting theory once similar to what you describe here,.
It was that the Planet was conscious and it's main goal is to create a successful offspring capable enough to spread to other worlds thus spreading it own seed far into the galaxy. It also stated that the earth had tried this several times and that humans were its fourth and likely final attempt to achieve this.

Makes sense in crazy kind of way.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I really dig your treatise, your speculations on where man is going. A very interesting read.
It brought to mind Terrence McKenna, one of my personal heroes.

Here's a quote from him:
"We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together.”

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

You understand existence in quite different terms from myself.

The notion that life 'designed' us to free itself from this dimension obviously carries strong gnostic undertones to it. It is the essential pagan metaphysic, where man seeks to 'extricate' himself from the world. You have elevated this theory from the personal to the macrocosmic: life, or 'finitude' uses man towards extricating itself from it's finite condition.

I simply disagree with this outlook. Mine is the other one, the Jewish one, or the unpopular, deeply reviled one (at least amongst european and american intelligentsia) where this world is seen as the locus of existence, but man, as the metric of existence. Hence the biblical idea of man being made in Gods image carries tremendous metaphysical meaning. Man is indeed moving toward a closer connection with God, but it's not to 'flee'; the whole idea of fleeing is immensely negative. Rather, Judaism talks of tikkun olam, rectification of the world. To be more precise, it implies mans duty to complete the job of creation. Whereas God provided the 'base elements' man completes it by establishing a human society which reflects metaphysical dynamics; he completes it by using his God given faculties to better himself and his situation on earth. In the end, man will possess the power to 'rectify' creation; to be 'above' creation, in league with God (but NOT God, as so many mistakenly believe) so naturally, our place is not only on earth, but amongst the stars in the heavens.

But, I see no reason why multiple perspectives can't exist. Some see finitude in explicitly negative ways. Others, do not. This proclivity seems more natural in the east, than in the west.

BTW, great video.

edit on 18-10-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Youtube is down for me at the moment (ISP is too slow) but I really like this part of
your post..

What is Life’s purpose with man? Are we the vessel in which Life delivers herself to another world?
Are we her last attempt? Or are we her destroyers?

Profound question.....only time will tell.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Perhaps there is a dualistic nature to the human kind, a very simple idea that crosses a particular boundary - the human mind will only accept truth, and it responds to lies with either innocence or deceit.
edit on 19-10-2012 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You are assuming there is a purpose to life. I believe this is where you run into trouble with that question. Life's purpose is whatever we decide to make it. However, if nature did have a purpose for life, I believe it's strictly to gain knowledge, pass it down, and repopulate the species for as long as possible.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Kind of fits in with a guide message I got a few weeks ago.
My guide told me that humans have hit the evolutionary peak physically.
We are the culmination of millions of years of evolution between all of the species of the planet.
Natures way to perfection, physically we are perfect, and spiritually/mentally we are now maturing at a faster rate because of the end of the evolution of physical,the laws of nature require the next step to be awareness.
so the next step is evolution of mind at a much faster pace.
This is something that happens throughout the universe, as part of a tapestry of life.
Soon we will meet others who also have evolved along the same pathway to perfection.

That was just what my guide told me.
Interesting none the less.

new topics

top topics

join