It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am outcasted for having a different opinion, and im scared to go to school now.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Just to introduce myself before this thread.
I am a junior in high school, I live in a very big city full of sheeple. i also go to a high school full of sheeple. But anyways.

I had watched the presidential debate this evening. And i posted a Facebook status about me actually leaning towards Mitt Romney. Within seconds i had 50 + Comments giving me insults about how my opinion is wrong, When it is an Opinion! Am i not allowed to have an opinion any more? All i could do was piss them off more and tell them how ignorant they are for saying these things and not having there own opinion.

I would love to actually have a respectful debate with an Obama supporter who goes to my school. Not a bash against me telling me how racist i am for voting for a white man. PEOPLE ARE RIDICULOUS. it makes me angry how people think i am racist for being for Mitt Romney and against Obama!

How do i go about going to school tomorrow? Do i just deal with that Evil eye and that occasional threat? I can handle myself pretty well, but with all this hate towards me, I wouldn't doubt a fight.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Don't discuss politics until you're over 30.

Ask the people to provide reasons for calling you racist and prepare to back those statements up to make them feel stupid.

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You could try forgetting about facebook, for next time

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thinair1

Do yourself a favor, delete your Facebook before you have to deal with it haunting you in your adult life, I say this not because of your Mitt Romney post, but in all honesty, stop participating in such a thing. Value your privacy.

or Option number dos;

Stop GAF about what other ppl say and let them 'suck it' so to speak, however I'd go with the first option, thank me in 20 years.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Once you learn that both Obama and Romney are the opposite of what this country needs then you will be beyond worrying about what your classmates think.

Until then enjoy your youth. Leave the lying and deceit to the grownups.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
yup facebook is your problem..leave politics and religeon out of your fb life..i dont like fb period

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thinair1

Well..if they are mad at you for supporting Romney because he's white...you need to point out that obamas mother was white. So he is half white....lol! ...but seriously, your vote is your onion, and they will forget about it soon. If they are in junior high, they will focus on some other drama soon....keep your chin up and head high!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think it never is really good to hide from it. I would just go and hold your head high and kindly inform them that we are all entitled to our opinions. I know that's hard to do and I know high school can be terrible.

Of course, if no one mentions anything, don't bring it up.

As for fights and things like that, try to avoid them of course. If one does start, defend yourself to the best of your ability without encouraging the violence to continue, deflection and what not but try your hardest to make sure it doesn't come to that. It's crazy what some people will become violent over...

And as for it being racist not to vote for Obama.... Well I won't vote for either Obama or Romney but I can say that to vote for someone or against someone because of race is ridiculous and if someone brings that up I would say just that.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

yup facebook is your problem..leave politics and religeon out of your fb life..i dont like fb period

Amen! Delete FB and f**k what other people think. That being said, both Obama and Romney are tools for those that are really in power and the sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

edit on 16-10-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Not to mention ...none of you in junior high school are old enough to vote....not being mean, but if yur friends are going to cause hoopla over this, when they are not eligable to vote , they are idiots.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Did your FB post contain racist undertones, or have you been racist in the past?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, you are a junior in high school.

So you're grasp on politics is questionable at best, this is my opinion.
And if you are supporting either of the candidates you are well on your way to being a sheeple yourself.

A pot and a kettle come to mind.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
Not to mention ...none of you in junior high school are old enough to vote....not being mean, but if yur friends are going to cause hoopla over this, when they are not eligable to vote , they are idiots.

In all honesty, most of them will most likely not vote. Ever.
Just will rage on FB like the rest of the flock.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinair1
Just to introduce myself before this thread.
I am a junior in high school, I live in a very big city full of sheeple. i also go to a high school full of sheeple. But anyways.

I had watched the presidential debate this evening. And i posted a Facebook status about me actually leaning towards Mitt Romney. Within seconds i had 50 + Comments giving me insults about how my opinion is wrong, When it is an Opinion! Am i not allowed to have an opinion any more? All i could do was piss them off more and tell them how ignorant they are for saying these things and not having there own opinion.

I would love to actually have a respectful debate with an Obama supporter who goes to my school. Not a bash against me telling me how racist i am for voting for a white man. PEOPLE ARE RIDICULOUS. it makes me angry how people think i am racist for being for Mitt Romney and against Obama!

How do i go about going to school tomorrow? Do i just deal with that Evil eye and that occasional threat? I can handle myself pretty well, but with all this hate towards me, I wouldn't doubt a fight.

Listen, you got to stop caring what others think of you. At your age it's hard I know. But eventually and the sooner the better. Stop caring about that crap. Just be confident in your decisions, right or wrong. There's an old saying that goes.... "When the attitude is right, the facts don't matter".

Even if you're dead wrong, if you believe in what you're saying others will believe it too and follow you. But you could be right in your answer but not come across very confident about it and people might doubt you.

Stop caring about what anyone thinks of you. All that matters in life is what you think of you. So just be your own best friend, like yourself.

Trust me people have short memories, they're not gonna remember what you posted on facebook about some fake pres election. It's so fake anyway. Whoever is getting in is already decided. And you'll be out of high school in just a few years anyway, so you can get away from some of these floride heads.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
how strong is your position if you're scared to go to school.

there are people who have walked the earth who have taken bullets for what they believe.

and you're scared to go to school because of a facebook post.

buy some miracle gro and plant a pair for future harvest.

+2 more 
link   
You can't call anyone a Sheeple and lean towards Romney...or Obama for that matter, without "Baa'ing" yourself.

link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

Good point !!!!! Lol!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The two idealogies:

31) Survival and advancement of the fittest - step on them when they are down - benefits to the individual

vs.

#2) Survival and advancement of the species - pull them up by their bootstraps - benefits to society

In a so called Christian country, for so many Christians to be behind #1 is a slap in the face to their savior.

If you can defend your stance you should go to school and do so, however when you stand for values that destroy society as a whole you may not be able to do so. maybe that is really why you are afraid to go to school? Because deep down you know the idealogies you stand behind are borne of hate, jealousy and greed?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Yep, stay away from politics and religion and get off of facebook. Someday you will meet people who share your thoughts and ideas and you can actually converse with them. Wait it out, observe people and choose your friends wisely.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinair1
Am i not allowed to have an opinion any more?

No.
No matter what beliefs or opinions you have, there will be people who rabidly oppose them.
If you don't want to deal with people, don't share your thoughts. I can't even have conversations with people in real life anymore.
Honestly, if you want to fit in with the masses, you have to play dumb.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join