God Rebukes Lady Who Knows His True Hebrew Name For Continuing To Use The J Name?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So maybe Christians should learn Greek as most Jews learn "Hebrew" as they believe that is God's language, and then, since Greek is the new updated holy language the Old Testament could be read in that as well.

I find it interesting how people are willing to fight or sounds made with human vocal chords - a label, now you may say it is the name/label of a "God" but still - such God should have made it obvious if he wanted people to know.

We have all these people claiming God's name is:

Yahweh, Yahuvah, Jehovah, Yahava, Yehweh, because "YHVH" was not clear enough,

and then we have people claiming Jesus's name is:

Yahawashi, Yahushua, Yehshua, Yahushua, Yeshas,

and this is just ONE religion (Christian). There is no unity in Christianity, even the theology cannot be agreed on by all...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

. . . new updated holy language the Old Testament could be read in that as well.
The Bible is the "holy book".
For Christians, the New Testament is part of that book. I don't think the fact that the old or new testaments were written in any particular language makes those languages necessarily "holy".
Back in Medieval times, people thought Latin was "holy" because they 'forgot' that the NT was originally written in Greek, and was only translated into Latin.
I read the OT in Greek all the time. In fact, my blog is called readingthebibleingreek.
It's called the Septuagint and what Jesus and the Apostles read and were quoting when they wrote the NT.
We need to be smarter than the sorcerers of the Dark Ages making incantations in Latin.
What the words meant in the Bible is what has power, not the actual words as if they had some intrinsic magical powers to them. That is ignorant superstition and people on ATS with its motto should be better than that.
edit on 26-2-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Haha. How ironic that incantation is being seen as "superstitious" meanwhile Christians are arguing over the true name of "Jesus" and "Yahweh", and drinking his blood and eating his flesh (symbolic from wine and bread) to get to heaven...

<< 3  4  5   >>

join