It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Man fired for posting negative comments on Amanda Todd's memorial page Read it on Global News: Glo

page: 2
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by dayve
Wow...... This has got to be the stupidest thing I have read all day... All the sudden this girls famous for killing herself.. And supported by people who dont even know her, and wouldn't give a s*** about her if she was alive.


Now this is the stupidest thing Ive read for a long time.Please tell us how you can speak for everyone you don`t know?

We know already you don`t/wouldn`t care about her or anyone else thats in a similar position.

Not everyones like you thank goodness and support those who want and need it,not just laugh at their circumstances,let alone a mistake she made when she was twelve.

I think its great that Anonymous was able to track down that creep,well done


I`m all for a harder line on bullies,especially in schools and toward the young frail or weak.Abuse simply because one can is pure cowardice.


edit on 16-10-2012 by gps777 because: (no reason given)


What r you talking about? None of this makes any sense..... So what happens when this 30yr old Guy kills himself for being bullied for this n blamed for her death.... I'm not understanding everybody's logic for using this girl as a poster child for bullying...




posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by FlySolo
 


It seems you're forgetting a little thing called wrongful termination. It means that the employer has to have a valid reason for terminating an employee, not just because they feel like it.


In Texas, your employer can fire you for any reason they so choose, as long as it isn't a race, gender, or sexual preference reason. Outside of that, you can be fired with no reason given in Texas. In some instances you can be fired and you won't even get unemployment benefits, depending on the reason.



posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by dayve
 





Way to break up my post n scatter it even more.... Anyway, the shoes been on the other foot, n a hell of a lot worse situations than this petty crap.... What are you gonna do when the next random teen you dont know kills themself? If it happens too much one of you supporters might lose it and do something drastic.... Dont mourn these strangers too much now, someone you actually know might die someday, then you will see y i dont give a ****


www.pamf.org...
teenlineonline.org...
suicidehotlines.com...

There's a reason for these sites and everyone there is helping a random stranger. Kids haven't developed enough to overcome the stresses in life to be able to cope with certain pressures. You still have a lot of growing to do if you can't recognize this. Also, you're not as strong as you like to think you are. It would take every last ounce of your strength to turn your perspective. All you are doing is feeding into your own negativity. I will personally give you a $100 if you put in a effort to scrutinize your own belief system and attempt to approach this from the same angle as "us supporters"

It would be hard for you but not impossible. Make a thread countering your own position and defend it against others who come to balk at it. Force yourself to change your thinking and you will be amazed at how quickly it does. If you can make a thread about why bullying is bad, I will wire you some cash for the incentive. Care to take that challenge?


It wouldn't be hard at all because I am against bullying, somewhat. And I just might so that if I get bored enough. But I think you got it all wrong. The only reason I'm questioning peoples sympathy is because she is not the first person who has killed themselves. But now all of the sudden everyone is on the anti suicide bandwagon... I'm all for preventing suicide, if you knew me you would know that. But she is some girl in Canada who is dead cause she felt sorry for herself.



posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve
 




What r you talking about? None of this makes any sense..... So what happens when this 30yr old Guy kills himself for being bullied for this n blamed for her death.... I'm not understanding everybody's logic for using this girl as a poster child for bullying...


So your saying we will be hypocrites *if* a 32 year old blackmailing pedo kills himself for being found out who he is,because a girl killed herself from making a mistake at the age of 12 which haunted her and followed her for the next 3 years from school to school.

I`ll gladly be a hypocrite and say good riddence he`s gone.Just like you`ve been going on about the girls death.

Her problems from the beginning had solutions,she was a 12 year old in a broken family.

His problems which cause others harm and preying on the young has no solutions other than being thrown in a cell somewhere,as imo i don`t know even therapy could help that man with his problems.

If this girl gets used as a poster child for bullying,maybe a number of people will not stand there and laugh and riddicule the next time they see someone being bullied just to fit in with the crowd or out of fear,thats a positive outcome.

Oh and please answer the question,"how you know everyone wouldn`t have cared about this girl if she was alive?"

edit on 16-10-2012 by gps777 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve
 




It wouldn't be hard at all because I am against bullying, somewhat. And I just might so that if I get bored enough. But I think you got it all wrong. The only reason I'm questioning peoples sympathy is because she is not the first person who has killed themselves. But now all of the sudden everyone is on the anti suicide bandwagon... I'm all for preventing suicide, if you knew me you would know that. But she is some girl in Canada who is dead cause she felt sorry for herself.


Somewhat isn't good enough. At least in this particular situation. If that Kody guy gets bullied to death, well, that's a different story. It's called karma.

Everyone's sympathy is not because she's the first bullying suicide victim we've heard about. It's because she made a stupid mistake and paid the price with her life by the constant harassment at school and from a criminal. Sure, we all make mistakes as kids but they all deserve the right to move on and learn from it.

It isn't anyone's prerogative to enforce teenage rough justice 24/7. Some kids can handle it and some can't. I was a fighter when I was a kid so I never got bullied much. But I did think Motley Crue were a bunch of girls in the 80's and I got busted on for that big time at school. Bullying happened during the day but it was forgotten about by 3:00. Today is different. It's an epidemic and social media exacerbates the problem. If it were surrounding you as much as it did this girl, you would slowly start to cave from the psychological warfare that it is. That's what bullying does otherwise no one would do it. It's meant to break you down.

So when you get bored, hit me up and I'll lay down the ground rules for our little challenge.



posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by FlySolo
 


It seems you're forgetting a little thing called wrongful termination. It means that the employer has to have a valid reason for terminating an employee, not just because they feel like it.


In some instances you can be fired and you won't even get unemployment benefits, depending on the reason.


In some instances? Here in Canada if you get fired, you get nothing. Unless you're making time with the boss



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo
 


Maybe in your backwards little country, but up here in Canada they actually have to give a reason for firing you, lest they be sued for wrongful termination.



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by FlySolo
 


Maybe in your backwards little country, but up here in Canada they actually have to give a reason for firing you, lest they be sued for wrongful termination.


huh? I am in Canada. You don't have to give a reason. As I already said, when you are dismissed without cause you get a severance pay based on the the time you have been working. Or you can be given two weeks notice you will be fired in which case, they don't have to give you severance.

Backwards little country
You better read up on employment standards before you go spouting your mouth off



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The menswear store that fired him is just taking advantage of the free publicity and just to look good. They have no business in acting as moral police or what the man does in his own time.

Bulling is human nature you cant get rid of it. You have to teach yours kids to be less sissy and not feed their mental weakness and not just give them anti depressant pills



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
reply to post by dayve
 




What r you talking about? None of this makes any sense..... So what happens when this 30yr old Guy kills himself for being bullied for this n blamed for her death.... I'm not understanding everybody's logic for using this girl as a poster child for bullying...


So your saying we will be hypocrites *if* a 32 year old blackmailing pedo kills himself for being found out who he is,because a girl killed herself from making a mistake at the age of 12 which haunted her and followed her for the next 3 years from school to school.

I`ll gladly be a hypocrite and say good riddence he`s gone.Just like you`ve been going on about the girls death.

Her problems from the beginning had solutions,she was a 12 year old in a broken family.

His problems which cause others harm and preying on the young has no solutions other than being thrown in a cell somewhere,as imo i don`t know even therapy could help that man with his problems.

If this girl gets used as a poster child for bullying,maybe a number of people will not stand there and laugh and riddicule the next time they see someone being bullied just to fit in with the crowd or out of fear,thats a positive outcome.

Oh and please answer the question,"how you know everyone wouldn`t have cared about this girl if she was alive?"

edit on 16-10-2012 by gps777 because: (no reason given)


Yes i think your hypocrites if a 32year old kills himself over this, because nobody knows the real story. Its just annoying how everyone is making it out like her life was so horrible, n justifying her killing herself. She was a selfish weak individual that felt a lil too sorry for herself n if school was so damn horrible she could have dropped out.... And to answer your question "how you know everyone wouldn`t have cared about this girl if she was alive?" That's how it always is, someone dies and suddenly everybody's is their friend, and supports them...



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by dayve
 




It wouldn't be hard at all because I am against bullying, somewhat. And I just might so that if I get bored enough. But I think you got it all wrong. The only reason I'm questioning peoples sympathy is because she is not the first person who has killed themselves. But now all of the sudden everyone is on the anti suicide bandwagon... I'm all for preventing suicide, if you knew me you would know that. But she is some girl in Canada who is dead cause she felt sorry for herself.


Somewhat isn't good enough. At least in this particular situation. If that Kody guy gets bullied to death, well, that's a different story. It's called karma.

Everyone's sympathy is not because she's the first bullying suicide victim we've heard about. It's because she made a stupid mistake and paid the price with her life by the constant harassment at school and from a criminal. Sure, we all make mistakes as kids but they all deserve the right to move on and learn from it.

It isn't anyone's prerogative to enforce teenage rough justice 24/7. Some kids can handle it and some can't. I was a fighter when I was a kid so I never got bullied much. But I did think Motley Crue were a bunch of girls in the 80's and I got busted on for that big time at school. Bullying happened during the day but it was forgotten about by 3:00. Today is different. It's an epidemic and social media exacerbates the problem. If it were surrounding you as much as it did this girl, you would slowly start to cave from the psychological warfare that it is. That's what bullying does otherwise no one would do it. It's meant to break you down.

So when you get bored, hit me up and I'll lay down the ground rules for our little challenge.


I dont care how bad she had it, she simply put herself in that position. She should not be praised, she should be shammed .... shame shame shame...



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve
 


You know what dayve? You're stuck in an identity jam. You feel the need to maintain this position because if you didn't, you won't know who you are. Pardon the psycho analysis. Let it go man and move on to a higher level of Maslow's hierarchy. Google that if you don't know what it means. Sounds like you're still on level two.



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by dayve
 


You know what dayve? You're stuck in an identity jam. You feel the need to maintain this position because if you didn't, you won't know who you are. Pardon the psycho analysis. Let it go man and move on to a higher level of Maslow's hierarchy. Google that if you don't know what it means. Sounds like you're still on level two.



I maintain this position because I'm right.....



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo
 


Something tells me you don't have much experience in the work-force if you're telling me that I need to read up on the standards of the system that I have been working within for the last 11 years. Any time someone is terminated without being given a reason, they have the right to take it to Service Canada and demand compensation for wrongful-termination. Thanks for the emotional response though, I still get a chuckle from those like yourself who view everything through an emotional lens rather than from a basis of facts. Cheerio anyways though.



posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by FlySolo
 


Something tells me you don't have much experience in the work-force if you're telling me that I need to read up on the standards of the system that I have been working within for the last 11 years. Any time someone is terminated without being given a reason, they have the right to take it to Service Canada and demand compensation for wrongful-termination. Thanks for the emotional response though, I still get a chuckle from those like yourself who view everything through an emotional lens rather than from a basis of facts. Cheerio anyways though.


It appears you are indeed correct

In Canadian common law, there is a basic distinction as to dismissals. There are dismissals with cause, and dismissals without cause. Cause is employee behaviour that constitutes a fundamental breach of the terms of the employment contract. Where cause exists, the employer can dismiss the employee without providing any notice. If no cause exists yet the employer dismisses without providing lawful notice, then the dismissal is a wrongful dismissal.

en.wikipedia.org...

Damn!

ETA: However, said employee must not have violated any terms of verbal or written employment contracts to be considered just cause.
edit on 19-10-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo
 


It's nice that someone had the courtesy to look it up before arguing with me
. Kudos to you, sir.



new topics




 
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join