It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 2nd nephew, after warning my cousin about vaccines, now has autism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Just this morning, I saw this on local news here:

U Of M’ Report: Flu Shots Not As Effective As Previously Reported

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — There’s a misperception that current influenza vaccines are highly effective, which is standing in the way of creating new, more effective vaccines, according to a new report from the University of Minnesota’s Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP).

The report, called “The Compelling Need for Game Changing Influenza Vaccines” from the CIDRAP Comprehensive Influenza Vaccine Initiative, says that the current influenza vaccines offer less protection against seasonal influenza than previously reported.

Furthermore, there are innovative influenza vaccines that are currently in investigational research that offer the potential of lasting, broad and potent protection against both seasonal and pandemic influenza. However, “substantial research and policy support is needed to further their development and evaluation.”

“We urge people to get their flu shot. The present vaccines are the best interventions available for seasonal influenza,” said Michael T. Osterholm, Ph.D., M.P.H., University of Minnesota infectious disease expert and the CCIVI report’s lead author. “However, these vaccines do not offer consistent, high-level protection – especially in individuals at risk of medical complications or those aged older than 65 years. Unfortunately, these are the populations where we need the vaccines to work the best. We need new influenza vaccines that work for everyone, most of the time.”

To read further: minnesota.cbslocal.com...

So you see, even though studies show it's not effective, they still recommend that you get one. There's no real rational reason for doing so, just go get one anyway. Amazing logic there.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I don't buy the vaccination excuse.

I think we need to look for the real problem.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

I don't need to look too far, when the evidence sits right in front of my eyes. A normal healthy child, progressing and developing within normal limits, suddenly becomes detached, will not make eye contact, has trouble with speech, and develops markers of autism not long after a vaccine. Yep, evidence right in front of me. I saw this happen with my nephew. Oh sure, the family is in denial..... because it can't be the shots!!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
You can't blame just the vaccines. There is something going on and no one, not even the ATS "experts", know for sure what it is.

If it was only caused by vaccines, most kids would be autistic, and they are not. People who subscribe to the vaccine theory can't even agree on what vaccine, or what additive, or what combination causes it.

But we do know one thing for sure, most of those vaccines (excluding flu and chicken pox) are proven to work and save lives.

Question for the OP: Is/was your cousin overweight?

Star for understanding the principle of cause and effect.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by FissionSurplus

There is a subset of the population which appears to be more likely to have an adverse reaction to the many vaccines, which is why it seems to run in families of siblings.
there are enough kids out there who get through the onslaught okay. Their immune systems appear to be stronger.

What you just said here is a lot of factless garbage. Whenever I see sentences filled with "appears" and "may", it is usually someone just making crap up off the top of their head. People use words like "appear" and "seems" because they have no facts to back up their completely made up theories.

Where is your proof?

And if these people are pre-disposed to have autism, then it is very hard to "blame" anything else besides the genetic pre-disposition.

If the toddlers didn't come down with it after their toddler series of shots, the vaccines would have never even been fingered as the probable cause. However, many times the parents report that, after those shots, their child became ill, and then everything went downhill. Directly after the shots. This is why people question the vaccines as responsible.

And many kids start showing signs of autism before getting vaccines, or some get autism while never getting vaccines.

Like I said, I'm not saying vaccines may not have a role, but there is no definite proof that they are the CAUSE. They may be a trigger, but not necessarily the "cause". I know someone who has autism, sweet little kid. His parents claim they started noticing it after he was sick and they gave him cold medicine. So they blame the cold medicine.

It's not known what "causes" it. Like you said, it could be that some kids are just pre-disposed to it and something then triggers it. But you can't say the vaccines "CAUSE" it.

Quite right. Various viruses have known neurologic sequellae. Did the cold medicine cause the problem or the virus? Both are coincident to the onset of symptoms so why blame one and not the other?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The world may be coming to an end, but I actually agree with you on something.
Star from me to you.
edit on 16-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

If it was only caused by vaccines, most kids would be autistic, and they are not. People who subscribe to the vaccine theory can't even agree on what vaccine, or what additive, or what combination causes it.
reply to post by HostileApostle

There is a subset of the population which appears to be more likely to have an adverse reaction to the many vaccines, which is why it seems to run in families of siblings. Just as some people are genetically lucky in that they can't get AIDS (1 out of every 100 Germans are immune to AIDS),...

Are you talking about HLA B57? I'm sorry, but Germans are not more immune than others against AIDS. In fact, it seems the Tamil have a much higher HLA B57-level, therefore a higher immunity-rate against AIDS.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

I don't need to look too far, when the evidence sits right in front of my eyes. A normal healthy child, progressing and developing within normal limits, suddenly becomes detached, will not make eye contact, has trouble with speech, and develops markers of autism not long after a vaccine. Yep, evidence right in front of me. I saw this happen with my nephew. Oh sure, the family is in denial..... because it can't be the shots!!

What kind of autism are you talking about? The Kanner syndrome (also known as the pre-infantile version of autism) starts to show up with the age of 2-3, not before. Therefore I take the liberty to doubt the direct connection between vaccine and autism.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GR1ill3d

Even with the new definitions, does not count for the rise. While the definitions have added new criteria, it also has eliminated some.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
For general reference, I looked up the latest material on how the DSM-V is redefining some aspects of Autism and particularly the PDD/PDD-NOS and similar related higher level forms. It looks like it won't take an explanation every time a person new to the conditions asks for a summary of the problem. That will be nice for a change. The clarification and streamlining of symptoms to fit is certainly welcome.

Autism Spectrum Disorder
Must meet criteria A, B, C, and D:

A. Persistent deficits in social communication and social interaction across contexts, not accounted for by general developmental delays, and manifest by all 3 of the following:

1. Deficits in social-emotional reciprocity; ranging from abnormal social approach and failure of normal back and forth conversation through reduced sharing of interests, emotions, and affect and response to total lack of initiation of social interaction,

2. Deficits in nonverbal communicative behaviors used for social interaction; ranging from poorly integrated- verbal and nonverbal communication, through abnormalities in eye contact and body-language, or deficits in understanding and use of nonverbal communication, to total lack of facial expression or gestures.

3. Deficits in developing and maintaining relationships, appropriate to developmental level (beyond those with caregivers); ranging from difficulties adjusting behavior to suit different social contexts through difficulties in sharing imaginative play and in making friends to an apparent absence of interest in people
DSM-V Pending changes for 2013 Release re: Autism

B - D is on the linked page for those interested in seeing the full criteria, as it looks like it'll be released as the updated standard soon.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Sexual abuse can cause trauma which resembles autism.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I haven't had the flu shot since I was 9 years old. I vaguely remember shots as a child and I definitely recall getting the chicken pox twice but as for me not getting the flu, I haven't had the flu since I was 12. Meaning in the past 11 years I've only gotten the flu once and haven't have the flu shot since I was 9. Now you tell me, do I just have a kick ass immune system or am I just one of the few that didn't get the shot that causes the flu?

I'm 115lbs roughly, 5'4. It wouldn't take much to make me sick, yet I never get sick.

I believe that vaccines should be limited to an extremely needed basis and the ones that should be emphasized the most are the ones that affect young children through their toddler years, and the elderly in their later years. And this is what I truly don't understand - maybe because I'm not a doctor.

But if a human body gets sick, you give it antibiotics. Wouldn't it be safer to keep your children away from vaccines at such a young age, and take the preventive measures when they get older and their body is more capable of accepting foreign antibodies?

I feel so bad for those this personally affects. Hopefully one day, we will find the answer, and the cure, and bring hell down on those that knowingly approved of it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I don't take vaccines or flu shots. I did get swine flu 2 years ago but i rode it out, 7 days of 103.4 fevers, chills one minutes, sweating profusely the next. Swine flu was literally a rollarcoaster designed in hell. I ate when i could stomach it, and drank gatorade to replace what i was puking up or diarhea'd out. Easy to see why small children and old people die from it. I still don't take flu shots or vaccines. Way i see it is if God wants to call me home, who am i to argue?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You are wrong about Dr. Wakefield. He WAS attacked and was eventually vindicated. His attack was widely publicized so you heard all about it, but his vindication was quiet so you likely did not. More research on your part is advised so you know the whole truth.

Your note about tuna. BS. Let me inject you with Tuna then.

It is a touchy subject for me too. My cousin had the Pertussis vac and now has Autism, and my 2 year old hasn't had a single shot and is the most healthy kid our (now understanding) Pediatrician knows. Go fig.

Originally posted by GR1ill3d

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
makes me angry....right there on the instruction sheet.....contains mercury....
on the instruction sheet, lets call it the MSDS sheet...mad sheet crappin doctor gonna shiz you

There's more mercury in a can of tuna then there is in all the vaccines you will ever get in your lifetime.

And the reason people think vaccines cause autism is because the outward symptoms do not appear till the age of two.

The man that published the study saying theres a link between the two retracted it after it was found he faked the results.

I am a parent of an autistic child, this is a touchy subject for me as well. When people start spouting off about vaccines and autism it drives me nuts, Hey do yourself and the rest of the world a favor and look up what the real studies say about Autism and vaccines before spouting off that it causes them.

Uninformed people will do kids in the future more harm then good by posting this utter bull about autism and vaccines. You people literally make me sick.
edit on 10/15/1212 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
You should have seen this kid at 2. Running around, faster, brighter, quicker than most of the other kids. Already starting to talk, eye contact, draw, look at picture books, play games, ....just your everyday American kid.

Then my stupid cousin gave him a crap load of vaccines and the flue shot, "AT 2 YEARS OLD !!!!!"

Well guess what, it all went down hill after that. No more eye contact, the kid is now 6 and barely talks. He plugs his ears at any sound that's too loud, like a fire truck, or a when we sing him happy birthday. Other kids 3-4 years old, younger than him are quicker, sharper, faster, and actually pick on him and call him slow. Everyone in the family can tell he's messed up, but she avoids talking about it and dismisses it. Ignorance!!!!

When, or if I ever, have kids, I promise I'll never let them get this poison

BTW, studies have shown that some forms of heavy metal removal methods have REVERSED Autism. Some are risky, some are just plain smart ideas to try. You need to research on this front and help your family out with some ideas, they may be able to turn this kid's life around yet.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
BTW, here are some useful notes I found while researching the topic.

Found this here:
vactruth.com...

And in the comments, this very informative piece of info:

This is from Lioracc, a comment in the report -

29 studies from around the world HAVE reproduced and confirmed Dr. Wakefield's work.
1. The Journal of Pediatrics November 1999; 135(5):559-63
2. The Journal of Pediatrics 2000; 138(3): 366-372
3. Journal of Clinical Immunology November 2003; 23(6): 504-517
4. Journal of Neuroimmunology 2005
5. Brain, Behavior and Immunity 1993; 7: 97-103
6. Pediatric Neurology 2003; 28(4): 1-3
7. Neuropsychobiology 2005; 51:77-85
8. The Journal of Pediatrics May 2005;146(5):605-10
9. Autism Insights 2009; 1: 1-11
10. Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology February 2009; 23(2): 95-98
11. Annals of Clinical Psychiatry 2009:21(3): 148-161
12. Journal of Child Neurology June 29, 2009; 000:1-6
13. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders March 2009;39(3):405-13
14. Medical Hypotheses August 1998;51:133-144.
15. Journal of Child Neurology July 2000; ;15(7):429-35
16. Lancet. 1972;2:883–884.
17. Journal of Autism and Childhood Schizophrenia January-March 1971;1:48-62
18. Journal of Pediatrics March 2001;138:366-372.
19. Molecular Psychiatry 2002;7:375-382.
20. American Journal of Gastroenterolgy April 2004;598-605.
21. Journal of Clinical Immunology November 2003;23:504-517.
22. Neuroimmunology April 2006;173(1-2):126-34.
23. Prog. Neuropsychopharmacol Biol. Psychiatry December 30 2006;30:1472-1477.
24. Clinical Infectious Diseases September 1 2002;35(Suppl 1):S6-S16
25. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 2004;70(11):6459-6465
26. Journal of Medical Microbiology October 2005;54:987-991
27. Archivos venezolanos de puericultura y pediatría 2006; Vol 69 (1): 19-25.
28. Gastroenterology. 2005:128 (Suppl 2);Abstract-303

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
makes me angry....right there on the instruction sheet.....contains mercury....
on the instruction sheet, lets call it the MSDS sheet...mad sheet crappin doctor gonna shiz you

You people literally make me sick.
edit on 10/15/1212 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

Very hostile statement

Watch

www.youtube.com...

Oh to be so naive that you or your child's health are important to anyone but yourself.

Whats easier to manage.

a Strong , united , informed , healthy , passionate , intelligent , populace working together and asking questions

or

a sick , divided , scared , simple , dumb , racist , populace looking for guidance and control.

Makes me sick that 99% of people think that the government and those that control them actually give a crap about them.

i for one will be given my children the minimum vaccination or at least the very same i had. NO MORE.

science isn't always right
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 16/10/12 by tombangelta because: spell

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Vaccines, innoculations, and the like are fine by themselves, but giving a cocktail is not a good thing.

Span it out over time..years..and there is rarely a issue. drop all of it in..and at 2? well, the science isn't there, but thats just asking for issues imo.

I speak from pure ignorance here btw. I just am on the assumption that mixing chemicals is rarely a good thing to do.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why not?

Surely you realize that poisonous mercury injected into our bodies can cause damage, let alone the other unknown proprietary ingredients.

"I have not seen autism with the Amish," said Dr. Frank Noonan, a family practitioner in Lancaster County, Pa., who has treated thousands of Amish for a quarter-century. "You'll find all the other stuff, but we don't find the autism. We're right in the heart of Amish country and seeing none, and that's just the way it is."

"We have a fairly large practice," Eisenstein told us. "We have about 30,000 or 35,000 children that we've taken care of over the years, and I don't think we have a single case of autism in children delivered by us who never received vaccines. "We do have enough of a sample," Eisenstein said. "The numbers are too large to not see it. We would absolutely know. We're all family doctors. If I have a child with autism come in, there's no communication. It's frightening. You can't touch them. It's not something that anyone would miss."

www.whale.to...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

FYI Dr. Eisenstein's books are awesome reads.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

You are misinterpreting the article.

The flu vaccines are different then other vaccines. The other they know what the disease is, and what antibodies are needed for it. The flu changes every year. it is evolution in motion, it changes its dna. Sometimes combining with others to create a new flu, or changing inside a person. Which is why it is a YEARLY vaccine. But the creators have to guess what the prevalent flu strain is, and it is usually combined with previous strains.
Just because a new flu morphs in every year, doesn't mean you can't get the old flus. Or, you may only be vaccinated against a genetic component. For example, strains of H1N1 are now in the flu vax. If the new flu has an H1N1 strain in it, you will be partially guarded, or it will reduce the intensity of the flu.

Which is why they encourage you to get the vax eveyr year, because then you start building a library against all the strains.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join