It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 2nd nephew, after warning my cousin about vaccines, now has autism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Korea now has 1 in 38 children with Autism!!!

Anyone know what vaccine programs they've been following?

1:38?! Do you have a link for that?? I don't question it for asking, I want it to be able to back that number when I bring it up in discussions or debate elsewhere.

Nichcy.org (One of the leading U.S. websites of Childhood disability information of all types) has the U.S. at 1:110 with boys being 4 times more likely than girls at this point. I've heard other figures lower..1 in 90-100 here..but 1:38 is horrifying. What the heck is happening to our kids??? We're losing entire parts of generations with ratios THAT bad!!

edit on 15-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Just google 'Korea Autism'. take your pick from the many links.

"We're losing entire parts of generations with ratios THAT bad!!"

Who will look after them?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

]

Find whoever agrees with you.

Yeah! Great research there.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

]

Find whoever agrees with you.

Yeah! Great research there.

What a rediculous reply

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Very good point on who will look after them. At ratios as high as South Korea, that's a valid and perfectly reasonable question.

Whatever is ultimately proven or combination of factors (I think more likely), it's sooo many lost. Whatever they spend on researching this, it's not enough by half when it's the smallest and most vulnerable among us all taking the worst damage any of us CAN'T imagine.
It's heartbreaking...and as a parent dealing with it, infuriating.

but..My God...1:38. SOOO many... That sure ought to narrow things a hair. What is common to South Korea and the United States which runs across cultural and economic lines for it's victims here? Sure, it's still tons of things, but there must be a good % not common. Heck, it has to start somewhere right? Our kids...it's our own kids.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

What a rediculous reply

No it is not a ridiculous reply at all.

I have an ADD daughter (1971) and now I have a borderline autistic grandson.

I have read everything on this subject since my daughter was diagnosed as ADD in 1971.

I am far from ignorant on this subject.

edit on 15-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

There is a subset of the population which appears to be more likely to have an adverse reaction to the many vaccines, which is why it seems to run in families of siblings.
there are enough kids out there who get through the onslaught okay. Their immune systems appear to be stronger.

What you just said here is a lot of factless garbage. Whenever I see sentences filled with "appears" and "may", it is usually someone just making crap up off the top of their head. People use words like "appear" and "seems" because they have no facts to back up their completely made up theories.

Where is your proof?

And if these people are pre-disposed to have autism, then it is very hard to "blame" anything else besides the genetic pre-disposition.

If the toddlers didn't come down with it after their toddler series of shots, the vaccines would have never even been fingered as the probable cause. However, many times the parents report that, after those shots, their child became ill, and then everything went downhill. Directly after the shots. This is why people question the vaccines as responsible.

And many kids start showing signs of autism before getting vaccines, or some get autism while never getting vaccines.

Like I said, I'm not saying vaccines may not have a role, but there is no definite proof that they are the CAUSE. They may be a trigger, but not necessarily the "cause". I know someone who has autism, sweet little kid. His parents claim they started noticing it after he was sick and they gave him cold medicine. So they blame the cold medicine.

It's not known what "causes" it. Like you said, it could be that some kids are just pre-disposed to it and something then triggers it. But you can't say the vaccines "CAUSE" it.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GR1ill3d

Unless you can provide a link to substantiate your claim, I'm returning the rude facepalm you gave me.

The autistic kids I saw were pretty much all the same, and those standards had been in place for many years. There is no way to rope in kids who are just slow, or who don't like to look people in the eye, and give them an autism diagnosis as a small child. In fact, they shy away from labeling smaller children as autistic unless there is no way around it. I'm talking about the true autistics, and there are a lot more of them now. Asperger's is not part of this equation. Young kids are now called "PDD" (Pervasive Developmental Disorder) if they exhibit some signs, but this diagnosis can be dropped easily if they improve as they get older.

You cite "real science" and "truth" vs. what I say, which you call B.S.

C'mon then. Bring out this "real science" and "truth", and also the "truth" that says that autism standards have broadened to the point of diagnosing a much wider ranger of children. Have they broadened the standard, or has there been so many now that they have to revisit it, for the sake of the schools and their funding?

I look forward to a real effort on your part to come at me with all your "truth", and not just rambling and insults.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Well, if it's just a lot of "factless garbage" then don't ask me any more questions. Apparently, even with my experience, I'm just spouting "crap", and I don't know what I'm talking about.

You don't have to agree with me, but the nastiness is often a dead give-away when a person doesn't know anything either, but really wants to appear informed by trying to make the other person look like they're stupid.

For all you know, your friend's kid was sick after the vaccines, and then he got the cold medicine. If he were to come throught the state clinic I worked for, he would have been the first one who became autistic from cold medicine.

But whatever. People will believe what they want to believe, and if you are such a fan of massive vaccinations of babies, feel free to line your own up and let them get multiple shots, if you're so sure they're going to be just fine. And maybe they will be.

Too many people on this site have no clue how to advance their case without insults and nastiness. I'm growing quite weary of it.

Is there not one among the pro-vaccine crowd who knows how to be civil?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Well, if it's just a lot of "factless garbage" then don't ask me any more questions. Apparently, even with my experience, I'm just spouting "crap", and I don't know what I'm talking about.

If you have proof, share it.

Personal experience counts for little.

You don't have to agree with me, but the nastiness is often a dead give-away when a person doesn't know anything either, but really wants to appear informed by trying to make the other person look like they're stupid.

I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I don't know what causes autism, and I'm pointing out that neither do you.

Something is going on, and no one has the answer to it yet. Vaccines are not the "cause" because it isn't "causing" it in every person that gets a vaccine. Some say it is this vaccine, some say that one, some say it is the preservatives, some say it is the hit on the immune system, some say it is a certain combination of vaccines.

No one has proof and even those that say it is vaccines that cause it can't agree on how vaccines cause it.

For all you know, your friend's kid was sick after the vaccines, and then he got the cold medicine. If he were to come throught the state clinic I worked for, he would have been the first one who became autistic from cold medicine.

He had not had vaccines recently. I don't blame the cold medicine, his parents do. I'm of the thinking that he was just going to get autism, not something that could have been prevented. His sickness, or the cold medicine was the trigger or more likely, that is just when the parents really noticed him starting acting different because parents pay more attention to their kids when they are sick.

I don't know, I fully admit that. And neither do you.

But whatever. People will believe what they want to believe, and if you are such a fan of massive vaccinations of babies, feel free to line your own up and let them get multiple shots, if you're so sure they're going to be just fine. And maybe they will be.

I have three kids, all have had vaccines, all are fine. That doesn't mean I don't take precautions. I delay the vaccinations until they are older then the recommendations. I space out the vaccines so they only get one at a time and I request to get the single vaccines instead of the combinations.

I'm not saying vaccines don't have side effects, and I'm not advocating for people to vaccinate their kids without thinking.

Is there not one among the pro-vaccine crowd who knows how to be civil?

I'm not sure where you are seeing the nastiness in asking for your proof.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

No it is not a ridiculous reply at all.

I have an ADD daughter (1971) and now I have a borderline autistic grandson.

I have read everything on this subject since my daughter was diagnosed as ADD in 1971.

I am far from ignorant on this subject

I tell someone to google Korea and Autism.
You reply with

Find whoever agrees with you. Yeah! Great research there

Thats a rediculous reply.
edit on 15-10-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I found this fascinating: evolutionarypsychiatry.blogspot.com...

What does your doctor say after getting a slew of vaccines? "If he gets cranky, give him some Tylenol".

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Autism is usually displayed by age three. According to research done by Courchesne, Carper & Akshoomoff in 2003, autism is caused by abnormal brain functioning and is attributable to genetic and prenatal environmental causes. Actually, teratogens (any environmental agent that causes damage during the prenatal period) is the leading cause for a lot of issues children may have. That has also been proven through research.

If your nephew is autistic, his brain was larger than average due to an overgrowth of synapses and a lack of synaptic pruning in his first year of life.

By age two he was likely already showing "deficits in capacities believed to contribute to an understanding of mental life. Compared with other children, they less often establish joint attention, engage in social referencing, or imitate an adult's novel behaviors (Mundy & Stella, 2000; Vivanti et al.,2008)." (Berk, p.186)

Your nephew likely has difficulty with false-belief tasks, is limited in engaging in nonverbal behaviors, which makes him stunted when it comes to social interaction. His language was likely delayed in that he does not exchange ideas, he probably never really engaged in a lot of make-believe play, and his interests are likely intense and narrow.

I'm sorry your nephew is autistic, but it was absolutely not caused by his vaccinations. The study that asserted that there was a connection was a hoax and was disproven. It's the teratogens he was exposed to during his prenatal development that have caused it.

I referenced a lot of things from a developmental psychology text that I have on hand- and I had just read the part on autism this past week anyway.
edit on 15-10-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You reply with

Thats a rediculous reply

NO - - its not.

Whatever you want to believe on any subject - - - you can Google those who agree with you - - - and get them.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You reply with

Thats a rediculous reply

NO - - its not.

Whatever you want to believe on any subject - - - you can Google those who agree with you - - - and get them.

Please show us where I or anyone else suggested we'd only take the links that we agreed with???

Research means sifting through ALL the data, but from your comment its clear you choose what you want to hear.

Are you aware that a study by the W.H.O found that if every person in america were to recieve the flu shot they would expect 300,000 deaths from vaccine complications? Even though they know this, and even though they know VERY FEW die from the flu they still try their hardest to make everyone get the flu shot. Thats no different than sacrificing 300,000 people to the great flu god. What on earth makes you think they care about children? Money is the only thing they care about.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The study y'all are proporting as a "hoax" was actually verified by researchers at Wake Forest University in North Carolina.

New American research shows that there could be a link between the controversial MMR triple vaccine and autism and bowel disease in children.

The study appears to confirm the findings of British doctor Andrew Wakefield, who caused a storm in 1998 by suggesting a possible link.

Now a team from the Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina are examining 275 children with regressive autism and bowel disease - and of the 82 tested so far, 70 prove positive for the measles virus.

Last night the team's leader, Dr Stephen Walker, said: 'Of the handful of results we have in so far, all are vaccine strain and none are wild measles.

'This research proves that in the gastrointestinal tract of a number of children who have been diagnosed with regressive autism, there is evidence of measles virus.

'What it means is that the study done earlier by Dr Wakefield and published in 1998 is correct. That study didn’t draw any conclusions about specifically what it means to find measles virus in the gut, but the implication is it may be coming from the MMR vaccine. If that’s the case, and this live virus is residing in the gastrointestinal tract of some children, and then they have GI inflammation and other problems, it may be related to the MMR.'

The 1998 study by Dr Wakefield, then a reader in gastroenterology at the Royal Free Hospital in North London, and 12 other doctors claimed to have found a new bowel disease, autism enterocolitis.

At the time, Dr Wakefield said that although they had not proved a link between MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and autism, there was cause for concern and the Government should offer the option single vaccines - instead of only MMRs - until more research had been done.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Nobody on here, especially me, is saying that there is a definitve link, but it sure as heck looks suspicious to me, and seems like the primary insult which puts many children over the edge over into neurological damage.

All Dr. Wakefield wanted was for them to stop lumping the shots together, and trying to give them separately.

His results were duplicated. Doesn't sound like a hoax to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Known Toxins in Seasonal Flu and Other Vaccines

Millions voluntarily take annual flu shots not knowing their harmful ingredients. With variations by producer, they contain numerous stabilizers, neutralizers, carrying agents, and preservatives, including:

-- 25 micrograms of mercury (thimerosal), a known neurotoxin; one microgram is considered toxic; according to the NIH, "mercury and all of its compounds are toxic, exposure to excessive levels can permanently damage or fatally injure the brain and kidneys;" even "exposures to very small amounts" can also cause "allergic reactions, neurological damage and death;" it's also linked to autism;
-- aluminum hydroxide and phosphate, known to be linked to some neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer's disease; the Office of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports x-ray evidence of pulmonary fibrosis among workers studied; it also reports that patients undergoing long-term kidney dialysis develop speech disorders, dementia, or convulsions;
-- formaldehyde, a known carcinogen according to the National Cancer Institute; it's also linked to upper respiratory tract problems and effects on lymphatic and hematopoietic systems (relating to human blood cells); -- gelatin, polysorbate 80 and resin - ingredients causing severe allergic reactions;
-- ammonium sulfate, a suspected gastrointestinal, liver, and respiratory toxicant and neurotoxicant;
-- sorbitol, a suspected gastrointestinal and liver toxicant;
-- phenoxyethanol (antifreeze), a suspected developmental and reproductive toxicant;
-- beta-propiolactone, a known carcinogen and suspected gastrointestinal, liver, respiratory, skin and sense organ toxicant;
-- gentamycin, an antibiotic;
-- triton X100, a strong detergent;
-- animal tissues and fluids, including potentially contaminated horse blood, rabbit brain, dog kidney, monkey kidney, chick embryo, chicken egg, duck egg, pig blood, and porcine (pig) protein/tissue;
-- calf and fetal bovine serum;
-- macerated cancer cells;
-- diploid cells from aborted fetal tissue; and/or
-- other ingredients varying by producer.

preventdisease.com...

The skin and mucous membranes as our first line of defense against invasion, and immunizations bypass that via the needle.

You don't really know what is in your shots, do you?

The matter in question regards the lawfulness of production, distribution and use of certain vaccines whose production is connected with acts of procured abortion. It concerns vaccines containing live viruses which have been prepared from human cell lines of foetal origin, using tissues from aborted human foetuses as a source of such cells. The best known, and perhaps the most important due to its vast distribution and its use on an almost universal level, is the vaccine against Rubella (German measles).

From a letter from the Vatican to a member of the faith in the US who wanted to have the Vatican's view on having fetal cells injected.

www.immunize.org...

Anyone who had received five flu vaccinations between 1970 and 1980 has 10 times more chances to get affected with Alzheimer's than if he/she got just one or two jabs, as stated by Hugh Fudenberg MD, world's leading immunogeneticist.

"This is because of the aluminum and mercury, which almost every flu vaccine contains. The gradual accumulation of aluminum and mercury in the brain leads to cognitive dysfunction", said Fudenberg. So, he recommended that the flu shot had no much benefit so it was better to avoid them.

He added that as flu vaccine contained many toxic chemicals, so they instead of boosting immune system, make it weak, thus increasing the chances of getting affected with flu. He told that vaccine had damaging affect on internal organs specifically on pancreas, so seasonal flu jab could develop in people severe autoimmune diseases, including diabetes, Addison's disease, arthritis, asthma, Guillian-Barre syndrome, hepatitis, Lou Gehrig's disease, lupus and many more. Some vaccines could even inflict lifetime disability and pain.

preventdisease.com...

I could go on, but I'm getting writer's cramp.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GR1ill3d

I am a parent of an autistic child, this is a touchy subject for me as well. When people start spouting off about vaccines and autism it drives me nuts, Hey do yourself and the rest of the world a favor and look up what the real studies say about Autism and vaccines before spouting off that it causes them. Uninformed people will do kids in the future more harm then good by posting this utter bull about autism and vaccines. You people literally make me sick.

The kid was perfectly normal functionally until exactly a few days after his vaccines, and began a down hill slide over the course of a few weeks.

It sickens me to my stomach that people still don't think there is a connection.

Question for the OP: Is/was your cousin overweight?

about 5'5", maybe 130lbs tops. She's always had a nice figure and never overweight

I need facts. Not a vid. And don't think I don't have a "horse" in this race.

The fact is, my nephew went downhill right after his shots. Look at the amount of shots get these days compared to 30-40 years ago. I never even knew about the vaccine connection until seeing the decline in my nephew immediately after the shots. Found a few other folks w autistic kids, one family who moved here from Norway w/ a perfectly normal 5 year old, who got his shots at 5 (because Norway doesn't give as many shots US) and the kid went downhill.
edit on 16-10-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Guys, I wont say much about this topic because I would probably lose my licenses if someone sees this.. I am in the medical field.. I have been for quite some time. Please, please stay away from vaccinations.. all of them. Take heed of my words, please. No good will come of any of them. I promise.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
You should have seen this kid at 2. Running around, faster, brighter, quicker than most of the other kids. Already starting to talk, eye contact, draw, look at picture books, play games, ....just your everyday American kid.

Then my stupid cousin gave him a crap load of vaccines and the flue shot, "AT 2 YEARS OLD !!!!!"

Well guess what, it all went down hill after that. No more eye contact, the kid is now 6 and barely talks. He plugs his ears at any sound that's too loud, like a fire truck, or a when we sing him happy birthday. Other kids 3-4 years old, younger than him are quicker, sharper, faster, and actually pick on him and call him slow. Everyone in the family can tell he's messed up, but she avoids talking about it and dismisses it. Ignorance!!!!

When, or if I ever, have kids, I promise I'll never let them get this poison

The exact same thing happened to my nephew. I know it is extremely upsetting and painful to see it happen. I have a friend whose baby died 24 hours after Prevnar. People still keep lining up for these shots though. My mother in law almost died last year. Went to ICU after taking H1N1 shot last fall.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by warcloud41
Guys, I wont say much about this topic because I would probably lose my licenses if someone sees this.. I am in the medical field.. I have been for quite some time. Please, please stay away from vaccinations.. all of them. Take heed of my words, please. No good will come of any of them. I promise.

I know an RN who works in the ER in the nearest city to us who refuses to get the flu shot. She has to work with a mask on during her shifts. She flat told me, she has never had the flu once until she agreed to get the shot a few years back and nearly died from it. She told me in a whisper don't take them.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join