It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding Various Levels Of Consciousness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

This is an intriguing post and has made me think quite a bit. Thank you for this well-articulated post my good sir. Peace.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
Consciousness is God's partial (that is, veiled) self-awareness. There are seven global levels of this, of which four were classified by the great psychologist, Carl Jung, as his four "psychic functions" constituting the human personality: sensing (body), feeling (psyche), thinking (mind) and intuiting (soul). Each level is divided in seven in a way that is analogous to the global division. This makes 49 sublevels, or states of awareness. The lowest 26 of these are dualistic in character: they maintain the illusion of separation of the observer and the observed. The 49 sublevels are experienced whilst evolving in the physical body in the physical universe. Beyond them are six superphysical levels in which - put simply and inaccurately because they are really ineffable - the physical universe itself becomes, effectively, one's physical vehicle of consciousness. These cosmic superphysical levels are each divided into seven sublevels, making 42 superphysical sublevels of cosmic awareness. In total there are 91 sublevels. Currently, the average human being's awareness spans the 28 sublevels of the four lowest modes of being.

This cosmic spectrum of consciousness has been shown in a rigorous mathematical way to be mapped out in certain sacred geometries. Their various beautiful, analogous embodiments can be studied here.

This fits my experience.. It's hard to talk about these matters with people. When I say I AM the Universe, but then I also refer to I as my Body, or my Mind as another level of I. When I try to explain out of body experiences as the fact that you are not going anywhere, because you're everywhere, they don't get it. They then say if you're not in your body how do you get out. I have to then say well you are in your body. One level of you is at least.

At the same time most people define consciousness as being awake. They define themselves as their Body/mind.. They think they have one I. They will always have to view every other state as being away from them, or altered. Same group of people who think supernatural still has any meaning.

Grammar and word meanings fall at the wayside. We are using old words that have "Weak" meanings. New words must be invented that don't completely fall into 3D terms. Problem is that new words are hard to give meaning to based on old words that fail to convey the truth.

Something like in the book "A Stranger in a Strange Land." Do you Grok?
edit on 10/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

No offense, but that was thoroughly unintelligible.

I know people think what you wrote carried intellectual merit, but I can't see it.

You start from the premise that 'we are God discovering ourselves". - Mind me asking what the significance of forms are? Did you design the physical universe? Or are you suggesting that human beings can come to a full a complete knowledge of the intricacies of nature etc?

I think there is some fundamental disconnect between the nature of knowledge and the establishment of the universe; we are 'creatures' within this organism, and as the Bible pithily says, we are 'made' in God's image, but there is never the assumption that we ourselves are responsible for the ways of the world. Nor could we ever arrive at a final and complete knowledge of how or why the world was created as it is.

It's just a mystic dogma, in short, that you believe in.

Humans can move 'closer' to that knowledge, but so long as we occupy different bodies, experience ourselves from ONE unique perspective - i.e. my own subjective viewpoint - there can never be a substantial bridge between ourselves and the organizing principle of the universe.

There are seven global levels of this, of which four were classified by the great psychologist, Carl Jung, as his four "psychic functions" constituting the human personality: sensing (body), feeling (psyche), thinking (mind) and intuiting (soul).

It seems you're just taking the Kabbalistic system and applying it to Jungs psycho-mysticism.

Don't get me wrong, I do find it curious how the number 7 reappears throughout natures general functioning, in the 7 notes of the scale, 7 colors in the light spectrum - which cover the variations perceived by the senses in sound and sight, as well as the geographic division of our planet into '7' continents. There does seem to be somewhat consistent archetypal division in gradations within any order.

My confusion is, isn't this taken directly from the Kabbalah i.e. the 7 experiential states from Chesed to Malkuth, which apparently determines the standard of 7 we perceive in natures?

And the idea of 49 subdivisions is an idea directly taken from the Kabbalah. I have never heard of this idea anywhere else. 7 within within 7, each 'sephira' contains the others within it. But how exactly do you combine Jungs 4 functions into it? Within the Kabbalah, Binah and Hokmah would correspond to two of Jungs functions of thinking and intuition, or discursive and non-discursive thought. The Kabbalah actually collapses the idea of the '7' emotive states into a system of 4, to become the general template for all things 4; the tetragrammaton is seen as a metaphor for this division: Yod - undifferentiated thought, Heh - differentiated thought, Vav - Emotion, Heh, action. The idea is these 4 states are unified in every action. The yod is the 'allusive' (hence it's just a point) quality, which is expanded into a rationale in the Heh (the heh is 'built' with height,breadth, and width, suggesting a 3 dimensional container) sublimated by the Vav (which is a simple line, implying the fact that emotion draws thought into action), and again into another heh - which is the container of the action itself.

You seem to have appropriated this system and made it your own.

This makes 49 sublevels, or states of awareness. The lowest 26 of these are dualistic in character

This is the impasse for me. I don't understand how you went from 49 sublevels, to saying 26 are 'dualistic'. Is this perhaps an allusion to your gnostic prejudice against the Jewish God (whose name, YHWH, equals '26'; God in English also equals 26)??

Is that all the evidence you have for showing that '26' states are 'dualistic'?

they maintain the illusion of separation of the observer and the observed.

They also permit the existence of the concept of relationship. It's because of relations - of experiencing the I-Thou content of existence - that we get to know such wonderful things as love, peace, generosity etc.

To those of you who rave about nondualism. What is the value of a love that is not preferential?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Interesting post. I'd like to suggest that consciousness is not an isolated thing residing only in the brain. In fact, I am not sure the brain is required for most thinking processes. The though process is obviously connected to something outside of ourselves. My experiences bear this out.

I have been practicing meditation for almost 30 years. 18 years ago I took a basic Transcendental Meditation course, and 8 years ago I took the intensive month-long live-in TM Siddhis course and spent a year practicing daily in a dome with a thousand other meditators.

The reason I mention all of this is because NONE of the things I mentioned above added exclusive benefit to the simple self-taught practice of sitting quietly once or twice a day and just being silent of mind for a while. I want to point out that this is a simple practice with huge benefits to our consciousness that we are all capable of reaping.

I realized benefits early on from "diving" into my quiet consciousness on a regular basis. This practice seemed to connect my consciousness more readily into the universe around me. Kind of like you described, it seemed to greatly enhance my intuition and allowed my mind to simply "know" things directly in one step without all the fuss of having to "think things through". It may sound a bit strange to some of you until you experience it for yourself, but I came to realize we all have this ability if we take the time to be silent and trust ourselves. Again, this may not make sense to you until you get there. As a result of practicing meditation I also became completely aware of myself sleeping. I can go into and out of sleep in the blink of an eye during the night. I am also ALWAYS aware of my dreams as dreams and since I began meditating I have not had a single nightmare. This can be quite fun as you can also direct your dreams quite easily.

In my profession my colleagues are often dumbfounded at how I can arrive at a solution to a problem by simply knowing the answer and instantly seeing how everything surrounding an issue is connected. It's as if the entire knowledge of the universe is within our capacity to know directly. I feel that I am still only scratching the surface of what is possible. Our consciousness is obviously not an isolated thing residing only in the brain, of this I am sure.

For those interested, the practice is simple. Just sit comfortably upright in a preferably quiet place for 30 minutes or more once or twice a day and very gently quiet you mind. As thoughts creep in you gently push them away. I cannot stress enough the need to do this very gently. Do not strain at all. Some people find the use of a mantra or focusing on the breath useful in replacing thoughts with silence. The more you practice the more easily this will come. You will eventually find the mind can go to this state quite readily and will do so throughout your normal day even if very briefly. There are so many benefits to this that I won't go into here as many reports and studies exist with that information. Time also seems to disappear when in a deep meditative state. I sometimes meditate for many hours and my perception was that only a few minutes went by. This is also a very restful state and is clearly more restful than regular sleeping. If I am in need of rest I will take an hour of meditating over 2-3 hours of sleep any time.

I have had many truly amazing experiences that proved to me the mind is clearly connected to something outside ourselves, or maybe exists entirely outside of ourselves to begin with. I actually just tried to add one here and ran out of characters. I might share some of these on this site at a later time.
edit on 17-10-2012 by ArJunaBug because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A consciousness is a stable paradox, you can leave the energetics behind, any substance, be it light, sound, magnetism, mineral, or electric, once you establish a stable paradox, you generate a field of being.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I like it.. And I agree.

best part is there really is no wall.

Rocks can "talk" too.. Sort of have an old patient wise vibe to them..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Is it just me? Or does it seem as one breaks thru these layers of consciousness it starts to bring epiphanies that causes one to go onto the next layer changing the experience and expanding it?
Or is it just a crazy though?

Throughout the years I have gone higher and higher in my awareness and as I go higher, the program seems to change so to speak. My sub conscious starts to merge more with my conscious and I get different levels of awareness depending on what I am focusing on. So I am wondering what to do if you seem almost barred from escaping one level and going onto the next. Almost like a blockage to overcome.

And is it really yin and yang cause I just cannot seem to disregard my darker nature in my soul such as dark music making me feel more spiritual or things like that. It is almost like that is what is blocking me, normally in the past I have allowed myself to express it, and now I am not, but it seems to almost stifle my growth, anyone have thoughts on this?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Is it just me? Or does it seem as one breaks thru these layers of consciousness it starts to bring epiphanies that causes one to go onto the next layer changing the experience and expanding it?

You nailed it. Thinking "outside the box" may seem like you've opened up an new endless landscape, but eventually you realize you're just stuck in another box. It's boxes to infinity.

Has the OP abandoned his thread? I was looking forward to some discussion with him.
edit on 19-10-2012 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
Has the OP abandoned his thread? I was looking forward to some discussion with him.
edit on 19-10-2012 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

I was on vacation

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Throughout the years I have gone higher and higher in my awareness and as I go higher, the program seems to change so to speak. My sub conscious starts to merge more with my conscious and I get different levels of awareness depending on what I am focusing on. So I am wondering what to do if you seem almost barred from escaping one level and going onto the next. Almost like a blockage to overcome.

'Breaking into' a deeper layer of consciousness brings about a new dimension of perception. As you become aware of this, some sort of conscious intention, or 'interference' may arise, and this will lessen the intensity of the experience. Through giving up all conscious resistance, or any sense of control at all, the experience naturally deepens, continuously. These deep levels are interesting, because they are almost like a process, in that they continuously deepen, as opposed to a destination.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArJunaBug
In my profession my colleagues are often dumbfounded at how I can arrive at a solution to a problem by simply knowing the answer and instantly seeing how everything surrounding an issue is connected. It's as if the entire knowledge of the universe is within our capacity to know directly. I feel that I am still only scratching the surface of what is possible.

Yea, I think accessing these higher states can most definitely be used for intellectual purposes, as well. It is just a principle that connects all things, including intellectual. All things are more easily and quickly solved, when you operate at those levels. This is, perhaps, one of the secrets of genius. Utilizing these deeper levels of consciousness. These states can be used for not only spiritual purposes, but also intellectual ones.

It is said that the theory of relativity clicked for einstein as he was in the hypnagogic, half-awake half-asleep state.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join