It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell 1947... America's first attempt to Skydive from the edge of Space ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
So after watching Felix BumGardner on TV yesterday Me and the lads were having a few beers, when we got round to the plausible theory that :-

Roswell UFO incident (1947) was actually America's first attempt to have a Skydive from over 100,000ft ??

Obviously this attempt went disastrously wrong and the Airforce moved in to cover it up !!

It seems that all previous record breaking Skydives have been done in the same area.

Just a Theory.... Peace.

Rock Ape

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AldrinAlden

Well considering that there were no television networks in 1947 and live TV outside broadcasts until 1951.. No there was no TV coverage...

Also as it would have been a military project like Kittingers.. They would have had camera's rolling no doubt, to release in the event of a successful jump... The Military, whatever the country don't like admitting to failure.

And lastly, never dismiss the genius that comes with drunken logic...

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AldrinAlden
Just a theory based on binge drinking?

Way to go!

You don't think it would been on the "Air" and "Live" ?? if someone wanted to break a record by skydiving in the 40s?

Lol...just LOL

Are you still drunk? even considering posting a thread like this??

You are entitled to your "theory" "opinion" or whatever... but this is just silly..

edit on 15-10-2012 by AldrinAlden because: ***

Maybe you should check what your drinking because its a good hypothesis to investigate concerning Roswell47.

You think it would have been broadcast live
Everyone had tvs and radios in those days

When the speed of sound was broken, was that broadcast live for all to hear and see?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Star and flag for you

Brilliant idea, very plausible and highly likely.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You mad bro?

Interesting though, a little hard to digest. Why would they want to keep this a secret? I could see how they would want to get a "jump" on the enemy by jumping from high altitudes to infiltrate enemy lines. They may have seen how Paratroops in WW2 were sitting ducks, and wanted to find a new way to accomplish this task? High Alt., high speed approach...this could very well be the case with the Felix Jump as well. BUM BUM BUM.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
1. Formulate a question.
2. Perform research and record observations.
3. Construct hypothesis and make predictions.
4. Test with experiments.
5. Analyze results, draw conclusions.
6. Determine whether or not hypothesis is corrobrated, then either try again or report results.

But clearly! its fun to drink and theorize with a higher EGO, ending up thinking that you are on to something... but you are not.

But by all means! have fun with one line theorizing. !

Whatever...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Comes to conspiracy site, enters forums for discussion, gets super bummed out when someone brings up Conspiracy topic for discussion.

Talks about being close minded...is close minded.

This poster is a joke. Obvious troll is obvious.

Going back to the original post, it's not to far fetched to think the US would want to develop new tactics for espionage, gathering intel, or researching the effects of the human body at high altitudes outside the safety of capsules and crafts.
edit on 15-10-2012 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Do not feed the Troll....

I'm glad all others see the validity of my musings....

Aldrin, I suppose you think it was ALIENS.....

well show me the proof and I'll recant my theory...
Altho I can provide you with facts about High Altitude testing of pressurized capsules and high altitude balooning and Pressure suits for super sonic flight, remember the X1 broke the sound barrier that very year.

You also seem fixated on the fact I had a few beers... maybe you should try one and you'll be a bit more chilled to new ideas and theories..

Even the USAF said it was a baloon.. A weather baloon admitidly, but well, there you go...

I've also done both HAHO and HALO jumps when I served in the Royal Air Force, so I know a bit about "Air"..

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Ah now we ask the question further with your theory, was it a skydive, or a cover up of the first Wernher Von Braun manned rocket launch Using the near complete nazi test engines.......

what? its possible..................maybe............

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

I've thought that myself, but not in the pub, as it's way too plausible..

Either a V2 adapted with a capsule or a prototype X1 that come down

The only thing I'd change in your theory is from Manned to Mammal, most likely an Ape, afterall the reports from witnesses were of a non human biped.

I'm glad my thread is getting people to use the ole grey matter.

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You are kind of a jerk arent you? Honestly i think your points suck and its more plausible than you make it sound.

You dont think space sky dive data would be valuable to the military in 1947? Lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

No offense ........ but this post is basically something you are just saying off the top of your head without actually taking into account the events, stories, evidence, and people who were there when a UFO crashed in Roswell 1947.

It's like you haven't even read a book on it, or heard interviews from the children of the ranchers and military personnel.

So, no, I 100% do not think it was an attempt to skydive from the edge of space, nor was it Project Mogul.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

Whew, you sure drew the ire of the true believers, mate.
While I do think that Roswell was just what the Air Force said it was (Project Mogul), I think you came up with quite an intriguing alternative explanation. The effects of high altitude flying on the human body and a test of a possible escape from an aircraft flying at high altitudes would have been of high interest for the Air Force (or Army Air Force) back then.
Here's what Wikipedia says about Col. Kittinger, and the background of his high altitude jumps. The naysayers should read this and tell me why Roswell could not have been an earlier attempt on this:

Main article: Project Excelsior
Captain Kittinger was next assigned to the Aerospace Medical Research Laboratories at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio. For Project Excelsior (meaning "ever upward"), a name given to the project by Colonel Stapp as part of research into high altitude bailouts,[citation needed] he made a series of three extreme altitude parachute jumps from an open gondola carried aloft by large helium balloons. These jumps were made in a "rocking-chair" position, descending on his back, rather than in the usual face-down position familiar to skydivers. This was because he was wearing a 60 lb (27 kg) "kit" on his behind, and his pressure suit naturally formed a sitting shape when it was inflated, a shape appropriate for sitting in an airplane cockpit.[citation needed]
Kittinger's first high-altitude jump, from about 76,400 feet (23,300 m) on November 16, 1959, was a near-disaster when an equipment malfunction caused him to lose consciousness.[2] The automatic parachute opener in his equipment saved his life. He went into a flat spin at a rotational velocity of about 120 rpm. The g-forces at his extremities have been calculated to be over 22 times the force of gravity, setting another record.
Excelsior II : On December 11, 1959, he jumped again from about 74,700 feet (22,800 m). For that leap, Kittinger was awarded the A. Leo Stevens Parachute Medal.

And don't you just love that they chose Roswell for the jump...maybe a wink from the Air Force, hinting at what happened back then :-)

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
leave it to disinformation to point out that there s no way top secret exp happened in a top secret area very funny my family worked area 51 and granted they weren't allowed to know much but there was talk of many different objectives in many different areas as far back as my military family can remember this banter of saying it didn't happen is nothing new remember in Roswell they said it wad a weather balloon maybe it was for jumping after all not really a big deal. peace

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Mebbe, OP, mebbe. The height and all. I mean it would look like a "little" body laying there, ahem.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
OP, excellent thinking, this is just about the most original idea I heard about Roswell!

I don't know what to think about Roswell, but the idea is great, regardless!

Gut, I feel guilty snickering
But you're on to something: If the pilot(s) fell to the ground at a high velocity upon suffering from decompression at high altitude, they could have looked virtually 'non-human'.

AND

to people on the ground without a need-to-know, the diver(s) would in fact be a UFO, as the primary news report suggested!

So, really, OP, this is a pretty significant idea.

Obviously, there are problems. The first is, why have we never heard about this? I mean, how bad can it be? I can't believe it's worth building entire facilities etc as the stories go, to house personal capsules. Or am I wrong?
Why so much secrecy? Just to keep secret how many lies are told about black budget stuff?
I think the biggest problem is the amount of secrecy surrounding the whole thing, and not one mention of skydivers. Have they been overlooked !?

Food for thought, anyways, but perhaps just one more way down the dark hole of that case.

edit on 15-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: typo

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I just want to say, that if this was done by the military instead of Redbull we wouldn't be privy to it, we wouldn't be watching videos and calling record books. I am sure if this would have been a military project instead of a public one no one would know anything.

Furthermore I bet you dollars to doughnuts there is a guy somewhere on a military base smiling, because he did this years ago and did it from even higher but he will never be able to tell a soul.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join