It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endless crop circle by A272 'best this year'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Not sure why this phenom doesn't get the scientific proof treatment that so many here claim they need to believe something.

Found this article describing how this phenomenon has developed along side technology. It talks of how GPS, microwaves and Lasers have replaced the planks and ropes.

Crop circles 'created using GPS, lasers and microwaves'

Matin Durrani, Editor of Physics World, said: “It may seem odd for a physicist such as Taylor to be studying crop circles, but then he is merely trying to act like any good scientist – examining the evidence for the design and construction of crop circles without getting carried away by the sideshow of UFOs, hoaxes and aliens.”

If aliens did this, why were they not this elaborate when they were first discovered?
Who finds the crop circles and takes the picture?
How did thy know there was a new one so fresh?
There is an endless sea of farmland, is there a company that flys around looking for crop circles?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
***snip***
their swollen nodes.

Instead, of sitting in your armchairs and pontificating about what you imagine you can see, try getting your hands dirty by doing some research in the fields. Then you might just discover effects known to serious researchers that no human could achieve by mechanical means. If you did, you might be taken more seriously by some of us.

What so many "serious researchers" fail to tell you is that the swollen nodes are NOT prolific in a crop circle. They are found in small numbers inside the circle. Indeed they are found all over any field.

The "burst stalks" are also found all over fields. They are natural as in made by a fungus or insect. There is no reason to believe them to have been made abrubtly or even quickly by micro radiation. Even if it might be true that if we were to recreate a burst stalk in a very short time, we would have to resort to microwave.

The elongated nodes are also fairly common. Whatever makes perfectly normal and intelligent people believe that cells can be caused to grow in an elongated node within minutes is beyond me. But perhaps perfectly normal and intelligent people don't believe that. Maybe they think it is caused by a mutation or defect in that plant. As with other plants in the rest of the field. Even outside the crop circle.

Maybe the radiation levels are particular to this spot and other spots in the field. Just as the radiation and microwave levels are fluctuating all over the world.
I spoke to an avid crop circle "investigator" a few years back and his response to my arguments were that there must have been alien activity all over the field at other times.

So basically - if you care to investigate a field near you - you will find extended nodes, bent stalks, exploded nodes, radiation levels above background etc.

What the good crop circle "investigators" have done is look for anything unusual and claiming it to be significant for crop circles. They keep silent about the same "anomalies" found in the rest of the field. Or they don't look.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
and do YOU have proof of that too?
Seems to me the crop circles need study by sciences mainstream.....

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Source

A spectacular crop circle in a wheat field alongside the A272 at Cheesefoot Head is the best of the year, says a Sheet expert.

The pattern is about 250 metres in size and appears to be a labyrinth design, which historically has been used for religious, ritual and magic purposes.

Lucy Pringle, a founder member of the Centre for Crop Circle Studies in Sheet, said the mile long endless looping pattern is the "best this year."

She said: "To me its labyrinth design represents our journey through life. I think it's beyond the wit of man to produce something as intricate as this, as its geometric precision is highly accurate. But however it got there, to me it personifies the wonderful spirit of the Olympic Games."

The field, just yards from the A272, belongs to Peveril Bruce, owner of the Matterley Bowl estate, venue of the Boomtown music festival, and there has been speculation about a connection between festival-goers and the circle. The pattern was spotted by a passing lorry driver, whose high cab allowed him to look down into the wheat field to view it.

Whether man-made, aliens, inter-dimensional or Cymatics, this thing is a work of beauty.

The fact that the 'ribbon; is almost a mile long is outstanding.

Anyway, I was not really sure what form to put this in, as it could deal with many things, but seeing as it is not 'normal', paranormal would be best. If it would be better in another forum, feel free to move it.

I saw this and had to share it with all of you.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

It is a wordpun
from my point of view. A fractal image of equal symbols connected to each other making a whole (a one) inside a one unit circle (in my language the circle in mathematics is called the one unit circle).

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The crop circle was created by people using planks and crop circles always have been.

The tracks created by the machine the farmer uses on the field tells the true story.
The crop circles are always interfered with by the tracks. If an alien or aliens were creating the crop circles the tracks would not interfere with the design.

Crop circles are created by bending the crop to the ground in different directions and where the tracks are, there are no crops. If aliens were creating the crop circles they would destroy the crops as a canvas for the design which would be crops left unharmed or bent which would leave no tracks, including the tracks made by people entering and leaving the circle.

Crop circles have yet to serve a purpose other than to entertain the mind and they never will because crop circles are created by people.

edit on 15-10-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I believe it's possible that one of the worlds government has a weapon (probably microwave) orbiting Earth and these crop circles are examples of them calibrating it.
Has there ever been a serious governmental study on crop circles? I've seen reports of 'secret' studies but I'm talking actual proven studies. If not, why not? Because they already know what causes them?

That's what I always wonder. Such a fascinating phenomenon, and no interest??

By the way, my eyes are the same color as John Malkovich's in your avatar.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
For the record, Doug Bower and Dave Chorley were the two old chaps who claimed to be responsible for the crop circles back in the early 90s. As of '91, they said they had been planking the fields for 13 years. When the designs took on the more complex designs, they admitted they didnt do all of them. Doug and Dave signed their designs with a DD symbol, just outside the design.

Dave Chorley died in 1996. Doug Bower, if he is still alive, is 88. So you can stop giving them all the credit for the designs we see now.

There are now groups of "circlemakers" who go out in teams and crank these out. And they are real good at it.

Yes, many if not most of the crop designs are man made, and that's according to some of the top circle researchers. But there are still some that show the signs of being genuine. Bent but not broken stems, blown nodes, etc. (As someone mentioned in an earlier post, this effect can be reproduced by microwave. ) And it must be very frustrating for the researchers to wade through all the hoaxed designs to find the legit ones to study. Some of them have given up.

Not knowing anything about the field reports on this one, I agree that the plank marks make it look man made. Pretty, but not as impressive as some in which the laid stalks are woven like a basket.

Some of the pictograms are just pretty designs carved into the field by men & women.
Some, that show the signs of a genuine mystery, are worth looking into.

But NONE of them are produced by Doug & Dave.

Dave's been dead for 16 years. But if you see any designs with a distinct Hoveround tire print, then you might consider questioning Doug on his possible involvement.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
And to add to the ongoing debunking, I'd like to point out that some of the evidence for cropcircles on/in old manuscripts most probable are man made simple circles made by monks or priests to warn the townsfolk about the devil and his works.

In some cases it might have been farmers trying to lay the blame for something on the devil. That type of thinking is still popular in places such as the child witches of Nigeria. They are just blamed for things going wrong in the village. Look it up - it's really a scary read in these enlightened times.

Child witches

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRUELIES11
The crop circle was created by people using planks and crop circles always have been.

The tracks created by the machine the farmer uses on the field tells the true story.
The crop circles are always interfered with by the tracks. If an alien or aliens were creating the crop circles the tracks would not interfere with the design.

Huh???

You don't think that the tracks are made AFTER the crop circles are made, do you?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

This one is a great example of what humans are capable of when they put they minds to it.

No microwave beams, no aliens, just a plank, a long tape measure and some pegs is all that's needed here.

Plus a good design helps too!

Notice the outside of the circle? Two planks wide, exactly double the width of the inner links.

You can see the parallel lines down each side of the square too, leading out to the circle's edge.

Great piece of artwork.

lol, you're gonna hold out 'till the very end aren't you my friend?
To each in his own time.
It matters not when you come around, only that you do.
I just hope that when you do, you are able to do so without getting too embarrased.

As with most Crop Circles, IT MAY be explainable, but they aren't ALL explainable.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

The ones that are explainable are just that ... explainable. There's evidence of who did them, occasional video, maybe an oddity or two that shows, etc ... whatever it may be.

Now, the ones that are not explainable are just that ... not explainable. In those cases, why do people choose to jump to the conclusion of aliens? There's no evidence of such. Those people stomp their feet and scream "you cant prove it was human, so it must be alien!"

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by micpsi

Many of you in your rush to see plank marks so as to dismiss crop circles as man-made miss the crucial point. You miss the vital features that prove in some cases that crop circles are not man-made, namely, their stalks are not crushed or snapped - as they would be by stomping and pressing with planks. Instead, they are downed by being bent at their swollen nodes.

The plank marks are there.

This is man made.

Can you show that this crop circle has swollen nodes?

You're quick to defend it's ambiguity yet bring nothing to back it up...

Instead, of sitting in your armchairs and pontificating about what you imagine you can see, try getting your hands dirty by doing some research in the fields. Then you might just discover effects known to serious researchers that no human could achieve by mechanical means. If you did, you might be taken more seriously by some of us.

I assume that since you are condemning those that are sitting in their armchairs that you yourself have gotten your hands dirty and done some research?

Perhaps you could answer some questions for me...?

How many crop circles have you researched personally?
Can you share your research with us mere armchair dwellers
What is the frequency that you see these blown/swollen nodes?
Have you consulted an expert in cereal grasses to assist with your research?

Thanks in advance dude!

When will we begin to understand that there is more out there than what meets the eye and the tendency to try and label very perplexing, intricate, and mind boggling matters is outdated.

There are examples of crop circles that humans produce and they are nothing like what we have here.

There has been a clear line in the sand that has been drawn between man made crop circles and those from the 'unknown'

Show me how a group of MIT students can make a perfectly proportional crop circle in the dark over 1 night with measuring tape and planks without making the tiniest mistake. If these circles are ever properly examined u will notice that there is nothing that is off by a single degree, inch, etc. I say it is impossible for the human to make such a complex design so fast without making mistakes.

Having said that is it more clear to some that maybe there's something else that's behind all of this?
Maybe they serve some sort of communication between 'others' and maybe even us if we can put this silly notion that all crop circles are man made behind us and attempt to decode these intricate messages

For those that will flat out refuse this notion there is a mountain of evidence supporting this claim. Reports of farmers seeing strange glowing orbs zooming around in their fields before the crop circles are noted seem to be a common theme in the rare case that the process is ever witnessed. Don't take my word for it? Here is something for those who can believe in something besides what they are taught. For those who don't this probably will have no effect on you.

This is the Avebury crop circle ufo filmed in the precense of multiple witnesses
I knew for a while that there was more to crop circles than what meets the eye but this was my conformation that humans were not behind the vast majority.

I also wanted to point show some of the pictures from the ground. In the area that you mentioned i do not see any plank marks

I would also like to point out some interesting characteristics that would be impossible to form with a plank

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Endless crop circle? You mean endless debate! I don't care what anyone else thinks anymore, just what I do.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The ground shots on CCC look like they are crushed flat against the ground.

Yes there have been circles which do have actual anomolies. And I don't think man makes all of them. But this one does bare the marks of humans. It's (quite litterally) stamped all over it.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
doublepost
edit on 15/10/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Pfff....aliens my foot. If this was done by aliens, they sure don't have a lot of interest for details.....

That square in the middle isn't a square!!

(Or maybe it was an alien but with really poor artistical skills!?)

Just my 2 cents..

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus, i was hoping you might be able to elaborate on a few things. what exactly do you mean by "the plank marks are there?" i ask this in specific because to me, it's really too high up in the air to get a good look at what's on ground level. and even then, if it looks like there are plank marks, do we have to automatically concede that this among all other crop circles are man made with simple tools?

it just doesn't seem that cut and dry to me. the videos that are publicly available on how people make crop circles is in no way comparative to the stealthy, quiet and seemingly overnight designs we've been seeing. do you not think so? i mean.. it is true that a farmer would notice a whole camp of people making designs on his/her property. saying that "they're probably in on it" is way too weak of a response. that's purely based on opinion.

there's strangeness flowing around these circles, as they are becoming increasingly complex. i guess a better question that i would pose to you, Chadwickus, is this - have you seen any footage or proof of human beings doing something as complex and stealthy as these recent circles that have been cropping up?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Whoa, I can'r believe it.

Have you changed Logan? I mean really. Not surprised at all. Just, curious. I suppose we all shall be there in the end.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
All the crop circles look like there's a cosmic traveler with giant rubber stamps wandering through the universe.
Kidding. But that is certainly a clever design. I'm in wonderment at the intricate ribbon.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
By the way, in case anyone's interested in the results of last summer's CROP CIRCLE CHALLENGE it remained completely unchallenged.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

As with most Crop Circles, IT MAY be explainable, but they aren't ALL explainable.

Yeah they are, go to Youtube.com or google videos and watch people make them themselves. Might make you come back around to reality.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join