It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captain Hero versus The Space Zombies[BMHWC]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Captain Hero versus The Space Zombies

Mild mannered Nick Steeljaw, blogger for the online paper Always Taking (it) Seriously, was hard at work on another Pulitzer Prize winning essay when his perky assistant Brenda Dover (Bren, to her friends) came running into his office.

“Nick!” She panted, stretching her blouse out to pinup proportions, “The planet is under attack!”

Nick paused in his writing. Lifting a single eyebrow and pouring himself another three fingers of scotch, Nick said, “You dames are all alike! A run in your stockings, a burnt pot roast, a broken fingernail, and you think it’s the end of the world.” He knocked back the booze and lit a Lucky Strike, staring at Bren’s shapely gams.

“Nick, you big lug, this is for honest to joe, real! Space zombies have invaded the planet. The world needs Captain Hero!”

“Alright, toots, time to save the world! “ Nick walked quickly to a bookshelf and pulled out the book Broads, Booze and Bombs. The bookshelf shifted, exposing a hidden room filled with weapons and gear Nick always needed to save the world under the guise of Captain Hero! Not to be outdone, while Nick was changing into his crime fighting costume, plucky Bren Dover changed as well. She took off her four inch heels and replaced them with shoes with three and a half inch heels, figuring she’d be doing some running today.

Nick stepped out as Captain Hero! A mask covered the top part of his face (leaving two holes for his eyes, you don’t make that same mistake twice!) a blue tunic, blue pants and a trench coat covered Nick’s chiseled body. Topping it off was Captain Hero’s (!) signature garb, a grey felt fedora. Checking to see if all his weapons were loaded, he turned to Bren and said, “Let’s save the day!”

A band of space zombies was indeed marching down 5th Avenue, walking slowly away from their space ship parked right in front of Tiffany’s. Some shambled and tried to chase the running humans, others took to throwing things through windows. One had even dropped his space trousers and attempted to go to the bathroom on a nearby police car! Fortunately, the tailfin from the ’56 Buick caught it right in the bull’s-eye and it shambled away before it could do anything.

Captain Hero (!) arrived on the scene with Bren on his arm as he blasted the evil space zombies back to the dark corners of the universe from which they came. In short order he rounded up the remaining space zombies and herded them to a special paddy wagon courtesy of Uncle Sam. “Don’t spare the dissection knives, General!” The military saluted Captain Hero (!) and one soldier gave a shy wink at Bren (who blushed) before they drove away.

Police Chief O’Malley then came up to Captain Hero (!) and Bren and asked, “Golly Cap, how do you do it?”

Captain Hero (!) pulled out a hip flask and tossed back a couple fingers of scotch, lit another Lucky Strike and said, “Clean living.”

The End.

Or is it?

edit on 12-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I have concluded that the invasion of space zombies was not the central theme to this piece.

Brilliant and Funny work Beez.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

I have concluded that the invasion of space zombies was not the central theme to this piece.

Brilliant and Funny work Beez.

Thanks. Writing "camp" has it's moments.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Haha - that cracked me up mate.

A story gives a thousand pictures and now I have Bren all to myself - Stiletto's and all.

Go Captain hero & his Scotch-fest

Cheers mate S&F

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Glad I could give her to you!

It was fun, thanks for reading it.

edit on 12-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Mild mannered Nick Steeljaw, blogger for the online paper Always Taking (it) Seriously, was hard at work on another Pulitzer Prize winning essay when his perky assistant Brenda Dover (Bren, to her friends) came running into his office.

“Nick!” She panted, stretching her blouse out to pinup proportions, “The planet is under attack!”

Best. Intro. Ever.

Now where can I meet this Bren Dover with the pinup proportions???

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Thanks!

It was fun writing and aeven more fun reading it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Great as always Beeze!!

Love the little nuances such as the blog name (ATS) and Miss Bren Dover

S&F for ya!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Do yo have a spare napkin? I have cheesy stuff all over my fingers right now.

You can't get anymore B-Movie than that! Well done beez.
SnF.

(Only complaint...not scary enough. Cheese yes, fright, meh.)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Police Chief O’Malley then came up to Captain Hero (!) and Bren and asked, “Golly Cap, how do you do it?”

Captain Hero (!) pulled out a hip flask and tossed back a couple fingers of scotch, lit another Lucky Strike and said, “Clean living.”

The End.

Or is it?

I hate Cliff hangers!

More please

S&F

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yeah!

More please since Dishnetwork and Amc are being stupid!!!!

Wooohoo got my zombie fix in tonite afterall

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You know Beez, the names you use, for your characters are just awesome!!

Great story.

S&F

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

Best. Intro. Ever.

Now where can I meet this Bren Dover with the pinup proportions???

Nick Steeljaw..........

So....B Rated!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Beez that was
Lucky strikes and clean living
Sounded so pulpy, it's great!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Great as always Beeze!!

Love the little nuances such as the blog name (ATS) and Miss Bren Dover

S&F for ya!

Thanks! I had fun with the names,

Thanks for reading it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Do yo have a spare napkin? I have cheesy stuff all over my fingers right now.

You can't get anymore B-Movie than that! Well done beez.
SnF.

(Only complaint...not scary enough. Cheese yes, fright, meh.)

Yeah, I had to trade one for the other. Couldn't to cheese and scary and get camp.

Nowall we need is a nacho story contest and we'll have a party!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The End.

Or is it?

I hate Cliff hangers!

More please

S&F

This was so fun to write, there might be more Bren Dover and Captain Hero!

Thanks for reading it!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah!

More please since Dishnetwork and Amc are being stupid!!!!

Wooohoo got my zombie fix in tonite afterall

We should do a real zombie contest for ya, bud! Sorry you missed out.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by beezzer

You know Beez, the names you use, for your characters are just awesome!!

Great story.

S&F

Sometimes it's just a boring day at work that I get these names. It's fun. Thanks for reading it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The End.

Or is it?

I hate Cliff hangers!

More please

S&F

This was so fun to write, there might be more Bren Dover and Captain Hero!

Thanks for reading it!

Great story, Beezer. I like the name "Captain Hero" It's cool is funny at the same time, avoiding other cliche super hero names.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join