It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Sent to Federal Prison for a Year and a Half for Refusing to Testify

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Thank You. that's the whole point.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by ilikestarz

She is a young woman who is attractive; I am worried for her safety behind bars; plus I get the impression that she is somewhat naive an gullible. Unfortunately she may be abused; and that may be part of TPTB plan in order to get her to talk.

This whole situation is very upsetting and should not be happening. I hope she has good friends and family that will stand up for her.

Theirs quite a few attractive woman behind bars, not everybodys innocent as they look.... I dont know y people keep supporting these attention hogs, all animal rights activists should be locked up.... They are somethin like terrorists, leaving bombs at fast food restaurants n such...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Hold on can she not plead the 5th? I have seen it on Telly plead the 5th

Like someone said sign of the times isnt it?.

The 5th Amendment is to prevent you from giving testimony which would incriminate you, personally. You can't be forced to hang yourself in any way, whatsoever. That's what the 'Right to Remain Silent' is about.

In this Grand Jury, she was given 100% immunity from any prosecution or consequences against her for anything she said about anything she'd done. She was being asked for her direct knowledge related to the crimes of others and her part in them, as an immunized witness. That immunity from prosecution negates the 5th amendment by definition.

I'm really not sure how well this would work in a real trial with a court room and a judge, but a Grand Jury is nothing close to that and the rules are all different inside that room. Always have been. In very real ways, you have almost no rights in a Grand Jury.

They are after only one thing though, an Indictment. No guilty/not guilty verdicts. Nothing else. Just whether an indictment is proper to carry the case to a trial.......which is WHY the rules are different.

Just my help in clarifying our rather odd system (in some ways)..knowing your coming from a UK perspective.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I don't get it. What does pussy riot have to do with anything? Why does it say something about already knowing that, and wake up?

Is it suggesting that Pussy Riot was somehow more deserving? I mean neither of those women deserve jail.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

She's beautiful.
I am in love with her.

24? Just 2 years my junior. I have a jail break to plan.

So is this part of the whole bust of occupy people, anarchist literature, etc? My friend runs a store that openly sells anarchist literature. How can they arrest these people for this?
edit on 14-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

How do you know what she knows? She has, as far as I can tell, kept her mouth shut. IMO that takes guts and dignity. I mean maybe you would turn your friends or neighbors over to a corrupt government/police state, but then you don't have as much moxy as this super fine young lady. I mean, she is facing a lot of intimidation, do you think you could keep from cracking? Facing the kinds of threats and being separated from your family, and knowing how easy it would be to get out, but still refusing because it is against your beliefs? She has principle, I wish more girls were like her.
edit on 14-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You should read my other post after the one you responded to; if you had I don't think you would have posted what you did...but I could be wrong about that too.

Anyway....take care....we all live and learn and grow..

Actually there are many things I keep my mouth shut about; to protect others. I'm just saying.

edit on 14-10-2012 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I see now. I hadn't finished the thread. I am glad someone opened your eyes. I hope in the future though, you give more consideration, there wont always be someone there to help us see the light.

Not trying to offend or be a smart**s, just saying.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

This is one of the things I really like about ATS; we can learn from many and grow.

You make a really good point; I appreciate your words.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
So they imprison an innocent women because she didn't testify in an illegal secret kangaroo court.

What is this? A brave new world order?
edit on 14-10-2012 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I was the first hour guest on Radio Room 101: I discussed their case and the 2nd hour had an update
1st hr. Blooded The Brave stops by to discuss his music projects, NDAA and much more. 2nd hr. Chris from nopoliticalrepression.wordpress.com... joins Jessica & Curt to discuss grand jury resisters Leah-Lynn,Matt & Kteeo

oraclebroadcasting.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Just making peeps aware that one get news coverage across the western globe (pussyriot) and the other does not. They are however both politically motivated crimes..

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Just making peeps aware that one get news coverage across the western globe (pussyriot) and the other does not. They are however both politically motivated crimes..
Your right on the mark
Those who do not see this IMHO have an extremely narrow view of Reality.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Yeah, I think they are obviously both politically motivated. Pussy riot was very outspoken about Russian government, and this woman is making a stand against our out of control government.

I just misinterpretted the point of the picture. I thought it was meant to place one above the other (a this get more coverage and is less deserving type of thing)..

Can someone tell me though, is this woman facing a year and half in jail, or did she actually serve it. I see that in the OP there is a quote where she says she is ready to go to prison, but the date is from 2012.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
wish i could bust her outta prison.....

This is proof we need an armed revolution right now. America is dead.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
It's called being in contempt of court... She's stupid, especially that she is getting immunity...

When you don't comply with an order of the court you get punished...

Speak up or get locked up... Too bad so sad...

She's gonna make some great fresh meat in jail!

This guy, right here, is about the only one not whining like a baby over something that isn't exactly new. We're not getting the full story here, guarantee that. If she's being put in prison, there's a damn good reason for it.

Oh, by the way, people know what a grand jury is comprised of right? Just asking because it seems some people are completely clueless about the legal system. Don't worry, Echo will educate you.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Well? Where is it? There are some waiting for the education after they fully admit (like myself) they are not 100% sure how a grand jury works. Honestly, I want to know.

Perhaps a few words on the bigger picture too. More of an opinion I guess. Like how come, as a tax payer, my limited tax dollars are being used to pursue this twig of a girl versus those responsible for the foreclosure scandal, the derivatives scandal, non-existant WMD's, etc. As far as I know these were problems far more germane to my welfare than this vegan chick. Granted I am not a fan of slashed tires or spray painted cars but in the balance....???

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join