It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

For me I don't hear nothing. It's more like a direct download. Like someone else's thoughts in my brain. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it's never something I would naturally do or think.

It will tell me to do ridiculous things totally opposite of what I would do. And so far it always worked out. Like turning enemies into friends instead of a fight. Working out family problems in minutes that for years prior to my conversion seemed to have no solution.

I mean it could just be a voice in my head. But it seems to be smarter than I am. So, I don't know.

It will tell me to go to places that I've never even been to, only heard about, and I'll show up only to be the exact person they needed that day. Or the only person that showed up that day.

It could just be coincidence, but they seem to be thoughts based on information I don't have. Plus the outcome is usually NOT what I would have predicted. It never even makes sense until sometimes a year later. Then it's like, oh okay, that worked out far better than I thought it would have. For example, I thought I would get shot in the face if I did that, but no, now we're friends. Oh okay, didn't see that coming lol.

So, where did the thought come from? Based on the information I had, I would have done the exact opposite if not for the nagging random thought that popped out of nowhere.

So I don't know, I think there's something to it. It seems sometimes something out there knows something I don't. That's the only way I can explain it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

For me I don't hear nothing. It's more like a direct download. Like someone else's thoughts in my brain. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it's never something I would naturally do or think.

I have heard of this a few times. I wonder do more people go through this, but don't say anything about it, for fear of ridicule.

So I don't know, I think there's something to it. It seems sometimes something out there knows something I don't. That's the only way I can explain it.

Have you ever went against it, and thought back on it?

I appreciate your input.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Have you ever went against it, and thought back on it?

Sort of. I mean it doesn't happen that often anyway. But over the decades I'd say about three times I didn't listen.

One time nothing bad really happened, but nothing good came of it either.

Another time it ended up about two seconds away from a fist fight with my best friend. That only stopped because I ended up doing what it told me to do anyway. Which is tell the truth about something I wasn't really in a comfortable position to be telling the truth about.

And one time it told me I really shouldn't go out even though I had a designated driver that night. Which I would never do right? I mean I have a DD? What could go wrong right? But I did anyway and the DD decided to sneak a couple drinks anyway and they ended up with a DUI and I ended up walking home.

Generally nothing good has come of it so far.
edit on 12-10-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
I ask most people if they need confirmation or want guidance, why don't they just ask Father. They respond, that they do indeed pray. But, why don't these same people, hold and wait for an answer back?

Most will tell you, either God doesn't speak, it will be your own voice, or that you will contact an evil spirit claiming to be God.

So, how does one actually hear God speak with words, and not just feelings? Is it even possible?

I think so.... but thats based on my own personal experiences. I don't think God loves me more than any one at all so why would he talk to me and not others? He does..... I think. He just comes in all different forms and sounds so one must be prepared at all times for God to talk to them even if there is no question asked.

I am not sure why they do not "hear" back from our Father. Maybe they are not using their senses when awaiting or dismiss the sign as coincidence.

I enjoy asking anything I need to know with urgency before I go to sleep. Sometimes I just ask aloud and receive confirmation through others, a song, a book, or...even a dream.

God, our Father is within all of creation so when we ask of anything he will answer with anything he feels will reach us according to our likes and dislikes.

For instance, I love reading. Everything I read ends up being connected and God shows me what he wants me to learn through reading. I also love music. If I have asked something.... he will reveal it through music as well.

Each person is different in their own right. My path is not your path, and so on.

Perhaps I meet someone new and they answer my question. He always answers, sadly we discount it most of the time because we are clueless on how to relate with a relationship that is unseen, only felt and seen through creation itself.

If someone does not believe in God, he can ask all day and may not ever hear because he isn't prepared to listen to something he doesn't believe in. Its just a coincidence to the non believer. Nothing more.

I can only speak from my experiences. I talk to God all the time, and get answers.

I say try it... especially before ya knock it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
reply to post by jhill76

I don't think I have ever heard god in my head, but I do feel him in my heart.
I am going through very, very difficult times at the moment and I believe God will help guide me through it.
Bless you all.
edit on 12-10-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

Im not sure what you are going through right now.... but please know I am here for you through message anytime you want to talk or just want to vent. Anything..... Im here for you! xoxox

Jenn

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by proob4
reply to post by jhill76

I don't think I have ever heard god in my head, but I do feel him in my heart.
I am going through very, very difficult times at the moment and I believe God will help guide me through it.
Bless you all.
edit on 12-10-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

Im not sure what you are going through right now.... but please know I am here for you through message anytime you want to talk or just want to vent. Anything..... Im here for you! xoxox

Jenn
Thanks you for your kindness. God Bless You.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

Generally nothing good has come of it so far.

This would seem to imply, that whom/whatever it is, has your best interest in mind.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

My path is not your path, and so on.

Very true! Many think there is one way to the source, there are many different paths.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

What tinfoilman said about receiving thoughts, I also had that happen recently.
While having a discussion with my husband my reply was sort of automatic I just blurted it out and then thought about it after and realized I didn't think that even though I agreed with what I said.
I'm sure that would make more sense if I put down the conversation but I'm weary of derailing your thread since the conversation was about how demons target people. It was very strange though, when I realized I was expresses a "message".

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

I'm sure that would make more sense if I put down the conversation but I'm weary of derailing your thread since the conversation was about how demons target people.

You are fine, I would like to hear it, if you don't mind.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I think it started with us talking about how you attract what you focus on. See it was Sunday and we went to church and our church is very uplifting and they praise God. It keeps you focused on God. They don't talk about Satan, demons, fire and brimstone stuff. So he says but they go after everyone even some very spiritual people. This was the reply "Yes they do it's a tactical maneuver, like in a game, you eliminate the ones closest to the goal. And they get great satisfaction from attacking them."

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I know there are a lot of people who just don't think God exists at all.. They have never looked for him in their life journey and so they laugh at the idea that God would actually speak to someone.

Google searching for information like this reveals that there are a lot of people who report God speaking to them..Are they all liars?

A better question is : Why would God speak to you using real out loud spoken words and not just through his gospel, (which has answers for people who look honestly and without any negative motivation..)

God will have mercy on whom he will have mercy.. Means, he is free to choose anyone he wishes to have mercy upon.
A lot of people feel entitled to have God speak to them, just like that large group of people that think they deserve some of your money, just because you are wealthy. (new modern trend)..

Some people think that if God doesn't or won't talk to them, that he doesn't care about them, which just isn't true.
It takes an honest and unselfish heart and a sharpened mind to understand why, when, and how God will actually talk to people.

Life is a training ground for the soul (in my opinion), no free ride.. Humans given the chance to find out why they are here, and what path they will seek.. Evil or for good?

All I really know is that God loves the whole human race, good and bad together.. But people choose their own destiny. I also know for a fact that God can, and definitely does actually speak to people, but it is according to his needs, and sometimes his needs include speaking to someone in need of being actually spoken to..Because he cares more than anyone can fathom.

So tired from working without much sleep, and trying to maybe answer a question of the OP and ended up ranting like a psychiatrist patient

There was a time in my life when I went through some hardcore life issues and one day when I was dpressed pretty bad, God rushed in upon me,and took my spirit away to a place of green grass and curving pathways where he spoke to me and I could hear his voice.. I could not believe it was really happening.

I mean, I have always believed God existed, but that just doesn't prepare a person to get a visit from him.. He told me not to be troubled, and to tell others how much he loves them.. The whole time, the feeling was real happiness, with no worries in the future whatsoever..
edit on 12-10-2012 by alienreality because: added

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

"Yes they do it's a tactical maneuver, like in a game, you eliminate the ones closest to the goal. And they get great satisfaction from attacking them."

This is true. As they don't focus on the ones they already have, or whom are on the fence. They put their main focus on the ones closest to him.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Thanks for asking

may be as simple as your conscience...listen to you intuition
"know your own intentions; know your own Heart"

∞LOVE

mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
reply to post by jhill76

I know there are a lot of people who just don't think God exists at all.. They have never looked for him in their life journey and so they laugh at the idea that God would actually speak to someone.

Google searching for information like this reveals that there are a lot of people who report God speaking to them..Are they all liars?

A better question is : Why would God speak to you using real out loud spoken words and not just through his gospel, (which has answers for people who look honestly and without any negative motivation..)

God will have mercy on whom he will have mercy.. Means, he is free to choose anyone he wishes to have mercy upon.
A lot of people feel entitled to have God speak to them, just like that large group of people that think they deserve some of your money, just because you are wealthy. (new modern trend)..

Some people think that if God doesn't or won't talk to them, that he doesn't care about them, which just isn't true.
It takes an honest and unselfish heart and a sharpened mind to understand why, when, and how God will actually talk to people.

Life is a training ground for the soul (in my opinion), no free ride.. Humans given the chance to find out why they are here, and what path they will seek.. Evil or for good?

All I really know is that God loves the whole human race, good and bad together.. But people choose their own destiny. I also know for a fact that God can, and definitely does actually speak to people, but it is according to his needs, and sometimes his needs include speaking to someone in need of being actually spoken to..Because he cares more than anyone can fathom.

So tired from working without much sleep, and trying to maybe answer a question of the OP and ended up ranting like a psychiatrist patient

There was a time in my life when I went through some hardcore life issues and one day when I was dpressed pretty bad, God rushed in upon me,and took my spirit away to a place of green grass and curving pathways where he spoke to me and I could hear his voice.. I could not believe it was really happening.

I mean, I have always believed God existed, but that just doesn't prepare a person to get a visit from him.. He told me not to be troubled, and to tell others how much he loves them.. The whole time, the feeling was real happiness, with no worries in the future whatsoever..
edit on 12-10-2012 by alienreality because: added

Sure wish the creator would talk to me in my time of depression. i cry to him almost every night for help, i even try calling out for my gaurdian angel and i get nothing. Then again maybe i do get something because this has been going on for many years and well...im still here so i guess maybe something is driving me to keep going, to keep living. part of my problem is twice i went for help and both times my docs died not long after my first visit, i never found out how or why. just got letters in the mail.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

This might be of the topic a little bit but im trying to find answers to this symbol that my brother and I have on our neck. We are identical twins and we both have a symbol of a angle with wings on our necks right under our throats. We both said it could be a birthmark because all these years we thought our neck was just dirty and needed to be cleaned better but after further looking and standing in front of a mirror together we came to a conclusion that the symbol on our neck looks like an angle of some sort. Please, anybody out there who could direct me to sombody or even give me some answers about this unexplained symbol on our neck or how it could happen. thank you.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dtrainman1

That sounds cool. My husband is an identical twin but they don't have matching birthmarks.
Could you post a pic of both so we can see it. Then we can tell if it's an ANGEL (angles are in triangles).

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Are you on any medications?
I kind of think that some substances can smother the senses to block any communication. Alcohol, drugs, and toxic chemicals in our food would effect the body negatively.
If you think of your body as an antenna then you will get a clearer signal the purer your body is.
Also if you are around people with negative energy they operate at a lower frequency this can effect you as well.
edit on 10/13/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Oh, you mean like the fluoride in our drinking water?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Oh, you mean like the fluoride in our drinking water?

Yes and that calcifies the pineal gland .... there are enough threads here on that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join