It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really have a choice, in the present?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I see many people say this phrase, "I didn't choose to be here!" But, can you say that with full confidence and conviction?

Or, what about the other choices: Partners, Favorite Colors, Job, etc.

Is it possible that these choices were made by you, before you came into existence? And now, you are just trying to understand why you made that choice?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I don't believe in determinism.

I used to love Twizzlers. Now, I find any kind of licorice to be utterly disgusting.

If I can change my mind about Twizzlers, I can change my mind about anything.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

"it came to my mind", "i was driven", "i was inspired". the question is, by what or whom ?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

I used to love Twizzlers. Now, I find any kind of licorice to be utterly disgusting.

I see, let's use that logic on a grand scale. What if you chose to love twizzlers for a time to experience it, but at a set time, you chose to not want to experience thereafter, you gained enough experience of it?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If this is true how many people would choose to be the starving child that gets eaten by the vulture?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
If this is true how many people would choose to be the starving child that gets eaten by the vulture?

Good question. But, let's go with the starving child. What if this experience was needed so that, when they got older, they wanted to know by experience so that they could help others prevent it or mitigate it?

I ask because, so many people wonder why there are so many bad things happen to innocent people.

(This is far out there) But, what if they chose to deal with it, to learn in some sort of way. In the present, with emotions and what not involved no one would choose that, but on the outside looking in, is it possible that said person would have chosen that to understand?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by DaTroof

I see, let's use that logic on a grand scale. What if you chose to love twizzlers for a time to experience it, but at a set time, you chose to not want to experience thereafter, you gained enough experience of it?

I suppose that's possible. However, in order to accept your determinist principles, one must assume that my individual soul chose those individual paths down to every minute detail, including whether or not I should wipe my butt one more time next Saturday. Genetics and memetics play a large role in the involuntary influences we generally ignore, yet I still feel the ability to make decisions is entirely subjective and entirely based on experience.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
I see many people say this phrase, "I didn't choose to be here!" But, can you say that with full confidence and conviction?

Is it possible that these choices were made by you, before you came into existence? And now, you are just trying to understand why you made that choice?

Spot on. S+F

We are all here for a reason.

We can either guide this world into a new world Utopia or obey the elite and send this world into chaos.

On Dec 21 2012 everyone will have a choice.

From a ink bowl vision and morphene visions i know that there is a paradise coming.

Just keep thinking optimistically and the elite's NWO will be destroyed.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

However, in order to accept your determinist principles, one must assume that my individual soul chose those individual paths down to every minute detail, including whether or not I should wipe my butt one more time next Saturday.

It's more of a question, than me saying this is what happens.

But, I see, what if some is choice set forth early on, then the rest left up to you, when you are here. Would that be more acceptable?

More like: If I choose to be with this woman, then we go with path A. If I choose to be with this other woman, then we go with path B. But, both path A & B, leads to the same end result, just different paths to that result.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Thank you for the reply and I started thinking about what you said in a similar way before you posted. I guess if your choosing you destiny and you need as many experiences as possible you would need to face all types of hardships to have a better understanding of what they mean.

edit on 12-10-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by jhill76

"it came to my mind", "i was driven", "i was inspired". the question is, by what or whom ?

I think everyone wants the answer to that question, whom or what is that.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Does this model apply to all sentient creatures in your presumption? The big fish eats the little one. Did the fish opt that? Or is it retained only for the higher life forms like gorillas and higher primates/mammals? Where do we draw the line?
Personally, I believe I choose my path while on it. Interesting thought though.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There's a woman on YouTube who has a video blog series talking about her NDE and how everything that happens to us is predetermined and her basic words of wisdom are to (paraphrasing), "just breath and go with it." Basically, according to her, our lives are planned before we're born and everything that happens to us, we contracted to do with everyone we come in contact with in our lives, even down to the people driving the cars passing us on the street. Her claim is that we are only here at this present time for the human experience.

I don't buy it. Why would someone want to be the little child that gets abducted or gets a horrible, painful illness that kills or any other horrific thing like that? I don't believe it. It's because of these terrible things that happen to such undeserving and innocent people that I don't believe in any god either.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

That's what I tend to believe; but not before I "came into existence"; before I "was born into this lifetime and these circumstances."

I have repeatedly made the same mistakes over the three decades of my adulthood. And now, yes, I wonder what on earth I was thinking. But the experience of the consequences of those poor choices (excruciating in the end, though blissful in the beginning, and almost as though I had no control over doing so....not that I'm copping "insanity", but still, I wondered what the heck I was doing, even as I proceeded) have finally made me realize my folly. Now, I know better.

So, I've come to the supposition that we do arrive here with a "forgotten" agenda, and knowing on a spiritual level what we need to work out. I also suspect that others come into our lives - and perhaps then leave our lives - to assist us in getting the lesson accomplished.

My erstwhile spiritual teacher explained that this is indeed the case. I had read The Celestine Prophecy some years before that, and it moved me.

What's really weird is that I had never heard of this woman (my "teacher"), and I was invited to hear her speak by a person I'd never met (blind date, although I'd seen his picture and read a brief self-description). Her lecture and later small workshop had a profound effect on me. I did not see or speak to the person who took me to that lecture (as a "date") ever again.....in fact I don't recall how the evening ended, and no, we weren't "partying".....but 12 years later, suffering from a spinal cord injury, I went to the chiropractor and during one of my visits, I saw him.

I recognized him immediately, but said nothing. Since then, I've crossed paths there at the chiro's office two or three times, and still neither of us has even so much as made eye contact. It's strange.

Perhaps (most likely) he doesn't remember me. Even if he does, he has not approached me to say so. And I'm not sure why I'm hesitant to speak up (chronic insecurity -- I never assume people would remember me, let alone think about me or speak of me).

Short answer:
Yes, I believe that is what happens. We come here with a private assignment; a main agenda (which is not to say ONLY ONE item to work on -- but "primary" lessons we have decided upon prior to arriving). I believe there are ethereal guides that help us determine what those lessons should be, and then we "choose" where, when, and to whom we are born, knowing ahead of time what will occur, but we don't remember either the lesson, nor the lesson-plan, while we're here living it out.

edit on 12-10-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

That's what I tend to believe; but not before I "came into existence"; before I "was born into this lifetime and these circumstances."

Yes, after I wrote that, I saw the error in my post.

Perhaps (most likely) he doesn't remember me. Even if he does, he has not approached me to say so.

He does remember you. He doesn't approach for a reason, I will private message you on this.
edit on 12-10-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

As many people as there have been who in a former cycle let their child starve and be eaten by vultures, or worse, CAUSED their child (or any child or children) to starve and be eaten by vultures.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

It's because of these terrible things that happen to such undeserving and innocent people that I don't believe in any god either.

Interesting, and you are not the only in this world who thinks the same exact way.

I will share something. I hear about people getting a gun put to their head, and I wonder, what is it like for that person at that moment, faced with that. So, I went to Father, and I had asked him, I want to know what that is like. Later on, I get robbed at gunpoint, and now I know. For me, it was more of a learning lesson.

I appreciate you giving your input as well.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

i believe, it is a non-human entity. it influences life, it is not visible. interesting is the moment, when a idea comes to the mind, it appears like out of thin air.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by jhill76

i believe, it is a non-human entity. it influences life, it is not visible. interesting is the moment, when a idea comes to the mind, it appears like out of thin air.

This is true. For how could one go through life knowing all the answers. If you saw what was there in the unseen, you could not live life as it stands now.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

do you think it is like: "the more you know...." ?

edit on 12-10-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join