It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinook helicopter continually flying over my house (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
As I'm typing right now a chinook has been circling over our house for the past 40 minutes and is still doing so. I was half asleep watching the local state and national vice president debates so if I sound stoned on the video it was because my cat was going crazy from the helicopter and woke me up. When I went outside other neighbors were watching it as well. Now back in my teenage youth I was chased by a whirley bird and they had their spotlights on us and all the underage kids at the huge party we were at. This chinook is still circling around but doesn't have its spotlight on so I don't know if it has IR or nightvision going on. We heard some sirens originally from down in the valley but they faded out quickly. We have a canyon going straight down into a river on one side of our neighborhood and a park behind our neighborhood that also goes to the river. It was too dark to see markings to tell if it was civilian or military and McChord/Ft.Lewis is about a 40 minute drive south from our town. Does anybody know what they could have been doing? Because this continual circle over our house is getting annoying lol. Do search and rescue parties ever turn off their spotlights to use their other equipment? Or if they were searching for a criminal or a rescuee don't you think there would be more sounds of police sirens coming from the park? Also if this was during the day around the area where you see our U.S. flag you would see a great view of Mt. Ranier! Not that it means much but it would have been a prettier video!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Maybe their looking for somebody?

Do you live in a wooded area?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well the video I took with my iPhone is too long to e-mail. Anybody know anything I could do?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

You can upload it to youtube.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well there used to be a lot of woods behind my house but they cut them down to build another neighborhood. However on the other side of the river are still a lot of forest. I guess I could post short segments of the video so you guys could get the picture because this damn helicopter is doing the same thing going in circles and circles.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
Well the video I took with my iPhone is too long to e-mail. Anybody know anything I could do?

Yes, please don't claim to have video in your thread title unless you actually have video.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I would be more worried about getting a little intel.

You can always post the video later.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I live in Deer Valley, AZ (just north of Phoenix) and 4 Chinooks flew over my house the other day. This is a monthly occurrence.

Around Mother's Day a pair of Sea Stallions flew over.

Just training I believe.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I live in the South Sound and noticed a military chopper circling over my small town for awhile today. I don't know anything about helos...but I do know I've never seen this type of chopper making rounds in my area. Usually it's a Chinook, but this was a lot smaller and looked more fit for combat (as it had a nice assortment of weaponry).

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Where is that? Washington also?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The more closely you observe the velocity of the Chinook, the less able you should have concern over it's position.

Speaking Quantum Mechanics on a macro scale that is.

Originally posted by Swing80s

Another 'college' degree may be required to download a trial version of some video editing software allowing you to chop the video down to a size that will youtube. Maybe?

edit on 12-10-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I would love to see the video. Of course, I don't want you to miss what could be going on either.

Not using the spotlight mean they could be using the thermal camera, as well. So, if they are looking for someone, they could most likely be looking for bodyheat.

Also, some copters have a beam that will point to a location, not visible by the naked eye. You would have to be wearing a special goggle to see the beam and where it is pointing.

Circling this late at night seems odd.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Haha well I guess I'll chop out a piece the original videos is 5 minutes I think I can only e-mail like 1 minute segments so I can post one after the other. Hold on this is gunna take awhile.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm reviewing the vid for the best segment to post. It's really 5 minutes of it circling around and around over my house.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Ok I have my video segment saved now trying to upload.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Allright guess I hafta have a youtube account I got a nice video seg but I don't wanna go thru that it's a chinook doing circles and circles over my house I wish I could upload the video I could try and upload single shots of it I guess.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well I can't take single shots of my video might as well take this thread down unless somebody wants me to send em my video. =\ It was a cool video too...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

If using iPhone, you can take a screenshot by playing video and then holding down both buttons at same time.

I am wondering if its dark, how you can see anything.

Is it still hovering around your area?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
No it left now. It was too dark to see markings but it had lights and from the lights you could see the double props.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
OK I'll post like a succession of pics as it goes in a circle.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join