It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets fix the World, Lets create a Golden Age.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Golden Age

(Primordial peace, harmony, stability, and prosperity)

We can no longer wait for this time to come by itself or hope a miracle happens. We must stand up and do it ourselves. Its up to us to works towards bringing all that we believe is needed to thrive. Individually we cannot accomplish this, as a whole we just need time. This is a great site with many great minds i believe we can do this.

To fix something we must first be able to know what is broken, so the first step is that we have to be able to recognize the problems.

Problems

-Economy-

1. Monetary System
2. Banks/FED/IRS/Corporations
3. Resources
4. Currency/Wealth Distribution/Poverty
5. Corruption

-Diplomacy-

1. Wars
2. Invisible Lines
3. Corruption

-Health-

1. Medicine
2. Drugs
3. Overpopulation
4. Censorship

-Science-

1. Dogma

-Education-

1. Entertainment/Media
2. Discrimination/Tolerance
3. Priorities

What to do?

1. Help us identify problems that exist in this world that do not allow us to reach our full potential. Help us add to this list that we already have.

2. Help each other find solutions to problems stated. I will be keeping track of all solutions and updating them in the solution post.

3. Discuss ways in we can improve this goal. Whatever your idea is, let us know.

What is our goal?

1. State all the current world problems holding us back.

2. Find possible solutions that we can work towards to create a golden age in our lifetime.

3. Create awareness of the problem so solutions might come about quicker.

edit on 11-10-2012 by CesarO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Solutions

-Economy-

1. Monetary System
Change the monetary system over to something sustainable and things will turn around if done right

2. Banks/FED/IRS/Corporations
3. Resources
4. Currency/Wealth Distribution/Poverty

-Diplomacy-

1. Wars
Take War off the table, create a world wide consensus that war cannot happen. (How do we do this)

2. Invisible Lines
3. Corruption

-Health-

1. Medicine
2. Drugs
3. Overpopulation
4. Censorship

-Science-

1. Dogma

-Education-

Educate people that just because something has been a certain way for a "long" time it does not need to remain that way.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
That would be a viable solution if all humans were all mentally linked. But the problen is we are the opposite. We are billions all with different agendas.

There will always be wars, conspiracies, poverty, plagues, etc... Learn to live with it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

You can't fix this world. Why? Because there is evil in it. You'll never take evil out of this world. As even if you somehow were able to use behavior modification on people, there's still demonic forces at work that you have no power over. And still people will always have evil built into them on some level. All you can do is discover the path to the world to come; heaven. the bible is a good starting point.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

War has always been an option. We need everyone in the world to stand before their government and say, "No more war. It is not an option anymore."

Take war off the table and problems will HAVE to be worked out peacefully.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
That would be a viable solution if all humans were all mentally linked. But the problen is we are the opposite. We are billions all with different agendas.

There will always be wars, conspiracies, poverty, plagues, etc... Learn to live with it.

Thank you, that helps.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The debt based monetary system has pretty much allowed for just about everything to be screwed up.

Change the monetary system over to something sustainable and things will turn around if done right.

The monetary system is the lynch pin of just about everything physical on this planet.

Don't try to separate and categorize all your problems if your transaction system is fundamentally flawed.

The overwhelming majority of people are focused on 99.9999% of the issues yet completely avoid the monetary system.

Man, if we could have a whole month on ATS where we put EVERYTHING in context of the monetary system I do believe we could create a critical mass on the internet that could change the world.

Maybe just wishful thinking. Although, I may have already gotten my wish when that "Federal Reserve Myths" article got ripped a new one. I was VERY pleased to see pretty much every single comment correcting the article to some extent or perhaps stating the author's ignorance of the subject matter.

Things are getting better. It would be nice to see almost everyone understand the current monetary system as people would call for it's swift end.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Elzon1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by CesarO

You can't fix this world. Why? Because there is evil in it. You'll never take evil out of this world. As even if you somehow were able to use behavior modification on people, there's still demonic forces at work that you have no power over. And still people will always have evil built into them on some level. All you can do is discover the path to the world to come; heaven. the bible is a good starting point.

That type of thinking does not get us anywhere, If we cant eliminate it we transform it. Even when things seem hopeless you have to kick even harder.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If you are going to claim to know the answers to our problems, the first thing you need to do is be able to communicate your vision. I can't even see your blue and green sub-titles against the grey background. They may as well be invisible. The only way to read them is to highlight them so the letters appear. Surely I'm not the only one that has this issue.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
If you are going to claim to know the answers to our problems, the first thing you need to do is be able to communicate your vision. I can't even see your blue and green sub-titles against the grey background. They may as well be invisible. The only way to read them is to highlight them so the letters appear. Surely I'm not the only one that has this issue.

Sorry about that, they appear just fine on my screen, ill change them to something easier to read. I an color coding so that its easier to find answers, so people don't have to squint their eyes trying to find things in a block if grey text.

My vision is a world without the problems we have right now.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The Baha'i faith may just have the answer.

Its a religion over a 150 years old. It unites all the main monotheistic** faiths, embraces science and God, see's all humans of all nations male and female as different but of equal value, and believes genuine love for God and each other is the way to a perfect world for humanity to unite and work together towards the common good.

Only just started researching it myself, deep stuff. Sad its followers are being persecuted in Iran at the moment they are a peaceful and loving bunch of people.

I like that it says in order to believe in its teachings and views you must fully independently investigate if its the truth for yourself, not to follow blindly or just do things a certain way because that's how they've always been done, so doesn't have any rituals.

(**including Hinduism, it seems the many gods in that faith as an idea expression of different aspects the one true God)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Oh,just wait a few decades. All people will be linked via technology and it would not be any better. actually it will be worse.
Look at ants colony - this is what being linked will get us to.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
And OP, i really respect people that try to fix the rotten things and who have the vision. However i am always puzzled by lack of desire to try on small groups of willing individuals first, it is always world-wide utopias. If system is a better one then current clearly rotten one, it will eventually spread.
And if it is same old or a worse one, it will not harm tens of millions - like all other attempts at utopia did.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I agree with you, and i believe no one should die, as long as its done correctly.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpiderMonkey

I believe people should be encouraged to find their own religious/spiritual pathways and there should be freedom to do so as long as they don't hurt/oppress/ others who might not share the same beliefs.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

You're undertaking a noble and impressive project. Starting with identifying the problems is also a good move. May I suggest that you reconsider your list, however?

I don't believe that war, in itself, is a problem. Certainly, the majority of the world has declared it to be perfectly valid for some purposes, such as securing the total control and spread Communism in the USSR, China, Vietnam, etc. Others have believed the same about obtaining control and spreading Islam. Some, such as the US have gone to war to obtain freedom.

Nor do I believe that poverty, in itself, is a problem. Are there no peaceful, good loving, poor people?

I would suggest starting back a step or two and considering that the problems might be:

anger
greed, for money or power
despair, giving up, being useless
pride and conceit,
lust for any of the bodily pleasures.
envy of others and their possessions
consuming much more than is needed for a comfortable life, thus depriving others in serious need.

I can't claim to be original, you should recognize the list. But I think it's a better place to start looking for solutions than improving education or increasing benefit payments to the world.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

We are still a primitive, tribal species with the technology to destroy ourselves or create an utopia.
Racism and dogma are the root cause of mans problems; with selfishness and greed thrown in for good measure.

I personally don't think mankind is evolved enough to live in peace and harmony. Talking monkeys anyone?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Please don't get me wrong, I'm saying that there should be no poverty, those who are considered poor should be taken and helped to get them to live better. Thank you for input!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Yeah but hopefully eventually we wont be like this, and it wont happen over night, its up to us to slowly take the steps toward that future, at this rate and behavior it will never come.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CesarO
reply to post by olaru12

Yeah but hopefully eventually we wont be like this, and it wont happen over night, its up to us to slowly take the steps toward that future, at this rate and behavior it will never come.

Don't be pessimistic! Contrary to popular belief; evolution is not a slow process but happens in jolts and spurts; with the proper stimuli we could take a quantum leap forward in a few years.

or we could devolve into brutal savages in a heartbeat.
edit on 11-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join