It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White beads in coca-cola?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Has anyone been finding white beads in coca-cola products? My mother was drinking a caffeine free diet coke and found multiple white beads in it (she lives in a different region of the U.S. than me) meanwhile a week later I found one white bead in my coca-cola. We both made reports, and they asked us questions as if they had seen this before. The lady that spoke to my mother said this could not be part of the manufacturing process, and had to have been slipped in there by an employee. Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

You are not alone. A few years ago my husband was drinking a glass of Coca Cola that I had poured for him from a 2 liter bottle that I just opened and as he was drinking I noticed something in the bottom of his glass. They were very small white beads as you have described. I poured his drink down the sink, along with the rest of the bottle. I opened another 2 liter bottle that I had bought at the same time but there were none of the beads in that bottle.

I have no idea what they were, but knew that they didn't belong. We've never run across them again.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Lawyer up!

Then go to the doc if you feel the slightest bit weird.

Document EVERYTHING!

Settle out of court and go buy a new car!

Seriously though, document everything.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
For real?

Pics? As in what size shape color (you say white but like ivory, creme) beads as in plastic or pearls?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Those are cancer balls.
Honestly though.
Stop drinking soda. It's bad for you.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If your worried about the beads then be VERY concerned about drinking the DIET soda. It contains ARTIFICIAL sweetener. Do a search on ats for Aspartame and simmilar products.
edit on 11-10-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Those beads were your warning. Stop drinking poison!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It sounds like unextruded plastic.

Plastic comes in little beads and is melted down into what ever form is desired. I say this because I work in the plastic industry and see them.

It sounds like they have gotten their bottles contaminated with raw plastic beads.

Raist

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
LightofLiberty

If your finding white beads in your coca-cola product id take some pictures of this for sure document what it looks like size appearance and contact the company again it sounds like you may have a court case..

No one should be digesting anything that looks like that the bottles are probably contaminated and the company will probably deny it they don't want a recall id push this problem to the limit if i were you..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The thing is it caused some emotional damage because I thought the government was after me...because I'm schizophrenic...

Here is an image of it:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightofLiberty
The thing is it caused some emotional damage because I thought the government was after me...because I'm schizophrenic...

Here is an image of it:

Does your camera have a lens capable of focusing?

The government is after you.
Look up and to your left.
Now wave hello to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Plastic comes in little beads and is melted down into what ever form is desired. I say this because I work in the plastic industry and see them.

It sounds like they have gotten their bottles contaminated with raw plastic beads.

Raist

I concur 100% with the above post and I can tell you that in my humble opinion in somewhat the same business years ago that this very much the likely cause.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 11-10-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Raist

I concur 100% with the above post and I can tell you that in my humble opinion in somewhat the same business years ago that this very much the likely cause.

Regards, Iwinder

Thank you both. That seems like a logical explanation.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightofLiberty

Originally posted by Iwinder

Raist

Regards, Iwinder

Thank you both. That seems like a logical explanation.

Try this read and look at the picture......Is this close to what you experienced?

fighttheplastic.blogspot.ca...

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Don't know about the OP, but that is exactly what was in my husband's Coca Cola. Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Glad I could help, the scary thing is they should not be in your soda or any beverage, so somebody screwed up big time.

Imagine trying to digest plastic?

Worse yet what if it gets into your urinary tract?

Ouch and then some.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I use to eat the tops of my pens in school all the time, digested nicely.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

If that is the case it seems that some employees might have been playing around or there might have been an angry employee out to cause problems.

I do not work in the extruding part in the plastics, but I do see the beads as we use the empty gaylords in our department. The only way the beads could get into the product I produce is if an employee was careless or did it on purpose. It could end up in our product very easily and be tracked back to us even though it went through our customer.

In this case I would say it did not take place at the bottling company but their supplier of plastic bottles. In this case if someone were to go after Coke for this they would in turn go after their supplier.

Remember that anything you buy that is packaged food/drink wise could be contaminated in two places either the packaging company (in this case the bottler which is doubtful unless they make their own bottles as well) or at the supplier of the packaging.

The little beads of plastic can also come in colors other than white as well.

I cannot go into detail about the extrusion of plastic where I work but I can offer this link to help explain the basics.

en.wikipedia.org...

Raist

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Thank you for the information. My husband thought that it might have been plastic, but he wasn't confident about it. Myself I don't drink anything that comes from a plastic bottle. It just seems to give things an odd taste.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

No problem. That is what we are all here for to find out the truth. In this case I cannot say for certain because I was not there but it seems a logical guess for me.

You can taste a difference between plastic and aluminum. I do not really drink from glass much since they don't do a lot of glass now aside from beer and I am not a beer fan

Raist

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join