It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White beads in coca-cola?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Didn't read every post in detail but did get the part about the "nurdles" I guess they're called. This leads me to believe that there was indeed a flub of some sort in regards to the manufacturing of the plastic bottles perhaps ending up in the finished product.

Sadly I believe the federal govt. allows for margins of error such as this...I believe Hershey's chocolate is allowed to have a small amount of rodent hair and possibly other such unmentionables.

In fact, if you are a person that consumes any food product that is manufactured then chances are you've digested quite a number of wonderful things other than what you intended.

Happy consuming

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just as important of a question is why are any of you still drinking coke? It's poison. It's toxic. Can cause organ failure which it has. Been used for decades to clean car batteries.

Don't knowingly drink the poison and then get surprised there's beads or whatever else in it. Swallowing the bead would most likely be more healthy than continuing drinking coke.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

You are correct all foods/drinks are allowed a certain degree of "things" in them. This is due though to the AIB standards.

www.aibonline.org...

AIB even has regulations for packaging companies if their products come in contact with food/drink.

Companies get yearly audits to make sure they are within the standards,.

www.answers.com...

There are a lot of things to look for when dealing with AIB. It is a lot of work to stay within the standards.

Raist
edit on 10/11/12 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by LightofLiberty

You are not alone. A few years ago my husband was drinking a glass of Coca Cola that I had poured for him from a 2 liter bottle that I just opened and as he was drinking I noticed something in the bottom of his glass. They were very small white beads as you have described. I poured his drink down the sink, along with the rest of the bottle. I opened another 2 liter bottle that I had bought at the same time but there were none of the beads in that bottle.

I have no idea what they were, but knew that they didn't belong. We've never run across them again.

edit on 12-10-2012 by Rodinus because: My apologies this is the first time i have posted on ATS

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hi to all,

I wanted to quote and send a reply but as everyone can see i completely messed up on my first attempt so here i go again :

The thing that gets me scratching my head is that you mention that these small white things, beads, nurdles were observed in the bottom of the glass, was this glass full of liquid or empty? If the glass was full then beads of this size could not be plastic as they would float wouldn't they?

It's a shame that you haven't kept some of the beads and try melting them over a candle flame (this could prove if they are plastic or not).

Once again, my apologies for mesing up my first attempt to reply

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

In my case I noticed them when my husband had already drunk about half of the glass. I was sitting across from him and saw the beads looking at them through the bottom of his glass. They didn't look like they were settled in the bottom of the glass- I was looking through the bottom of the glass. I saw things moving in the drink when he tilted his glass to take another drink. I couldn't tell what they were until we poured the glass into the sink.

Hope that explains it for you better.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
A party my Mother gave when we were kids had 3 different "dips" contaminated with hard chunks of soapy tasting handsoap like Lava soap. One dip was about 25% hard soap.

Last year I had brasil nut shell in mixed nuts! I found out it's highly toxic and used to make brake fluid.

Last week (I still have the critters right here) I had two rock pebbles in peanut butter.

So, with your plastic pellets in Coke - I looked this up for you and all with questions as to what is allowable.

www.fda.gov...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thank you very much for your answer, things seem a little clearer now to me, the beads might have been floating and disturbed when your husband tipped the glass up to drink.

My suggestion of the day as others have already stated : Give up drinking this fizzy poison which does no good to your body and stick to good old fashioned home made lemonade and fruit juices ;-)

Have a great day

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by littled16

Glad I could help, the scary thing is they should not be in your soda or any beverage, so somebody screwed up big time.

Imagine trying to digest plastic?

Worse yet what if it gets into your urinary tract?

Ouch and then some.
Regards, Iwinder

Whens the last time you had like.......a steak get into your urinary tract?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

That was a good morning laugh, you bet me to it. Gwar for life

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Don't worry- I haven't drunk any of that nasty stuff in years! The spouse won't give it up though. I think soda is kind of like his " insert violation of T&C substance HERE"!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

The beads do not always float. I have seen them float and sink. They are pretty dense in the bead form.

Raist

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ugh, coca cola...

I agree with someone on page 1 though; If you're worried about the pellets, be a lot more worried about what's in the actual drink. If I ever drink a coke, which is nearly never, I go with regular, it's sugary and it will make you fat, but so will the diet version, and it'll give you cancer too, so good luck with that...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

You really think regular wont give you cancer? I have to have a tsa security clearance to haul a couple of the ingredients in a tanker! Coca cola terrorism!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

At least they dont just wash and reuse the bottles there like they do here in Norway.
Yesterday there was a story of a guy who found a whole worm at the bottom of his cola bottle.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

At least they dont just wash and reuse the bottles there like they do here in Norway.
Yesterday there was a story of a guy who found a whole worm at the bottom of his cola bottle.
pics or it didnt happen.

I dont buy the worm at all. A guy sued pepsi a while back because he found a mouse in a can of mountain dew. They said the acid wouldve turned it into an unrecognizable goo if that really happened. And that was pepsis defense! Omg! This was on ats....

Washing out bottles is gross as hell too....who knows whats been done to them

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hello!

I could be wrong, OP, but here is my theory:

Based on the following pages at COCA COLA, I think it's possible that the amount of SODIUM CARBONATE can vary; i.e. if the bottling facility screws up the ratio of carbonated water ingredients, the extra WHITE STUFF, i.e. SODA, or Sodium Carbonite, can precipitate into the beadlike things you describe...

BUT I DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW FOR SURE. They would rather blame an innocent employee than admit, like Tylenol infant drop scandal, that the MIXING process CAN go wrong.

Good thing that it's not tooooooo toxic.

www.thecoca-colacompany.com...

WIKIPEDIA

Carbonic acid is the organic compound with the formula H2CO3 (equivalently OC(OH)2). It is also a name sometimes given to solutions of carbon dioxide in water (carbonated water), because such solutions contain small amounts of H2CO3. Carbonic acid, which is a weak acid, forms two kinds of salts, the carbonates and the bicarbonates.

Sodium carbonate (also known as washing soda or soda ash), Na2CO3 is a sodium salt of carbonic acid. It most commonly occurs as a crystalline heptahydrate, which readily effloresces to form a white powder, the monohydrate. Sodium carbonate is domestically well known for its everyday use as a water softener. It can be extracted from the ashes of many plants. It is synthetically produced in large quantities from salt (sodium chloride) and limestone in a process known as the Solvay process.

Looks like whatever comes out of the smokestacks goes into the COKE

Nazis could have made coke out of the ashes btw, people need to wake up and stop drinking soda!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Update:

The one white bead in my soda (which was a can) after a few days became smaller and black.

My mother sent me the initial picture of hers when she first opened it and it has also dissolved into a black thing though hers was much larger and had, well, the picture will show you everything. But it was covered in an orangish plastic thing, and although some of it has dissolved into the blackness there is still parts that are white. There were white beads outside the orange plastic as initially observed, and the orange has dissolved into a blackish goo.

Here is the initial picture (notice the orange plastic) of hers:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
BTW, she says it did not look like a pill.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to this post(containg the image from Mom)
and this post that directly follows the above by LightofLiberty

BTW, she says it did not look like a pill.

I couldn't see the need for our reassurance (from Mom) that it didn't look like a pill as this post directly followed your post of the "initial picture (notice the orange plastic) of hers:".

Be that as it may I won't speculate further. However I will say, that to me, it looks exactly like one half of a partially collapsed pill capsule (at least the one next to the soda bottle and if I squint perhaps the other half is what is floating in the bottle). Then again the one in the bottle also looks like ABC gum so I can't say definitively.

No matter the case, I would think that unless you (or Mom for that matter) took the picture before the bottle was opened it's going to be rather difficult to prove it didn't end up in the bottle somehow after the fact. Unless of course you can go have the "item" identified from a creditable source.

Another thing, is this is seemingly an isolated incident (with the exception of littled16's similar incident). Have you looked online for evidence of this occurring with other people in your area? Coca-Cola has bottling and packaging plants all over but they usually have limited areas of distribution so if this was an incident that was occurring at a particular plant then one would think that there would be more than one occurrence in your's and perhaps near-by surrounding areas.

I am basing my opinion merely on what has been presented so please forgive any speculative undertones that may appear to be between the lines of this text, it's just in my nature I'm afraid so please try not to take offense OP.
edit on 10/15/2012 by UberL33t because:

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join