It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC film crew arrested at gunpoint for sneaking into top-secret American 'UFO base'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

LOL, they think Roswell and Area 51 are the same place. Must not have maps in England for journalists.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by MrWendal

Yeh i dont believe the killing would be justfied if it went to court. They dont have fences around the land. come on a bunch or retarded warning signs of lethal force is mickey mouse.

While I'm sure your next of kin would eventually pry a nice civil court settlement from the evil government, that bit towards the bottom regarding deadly force is deadly serious and only an idiot would push it.

Back in the real world, Groom Lake has been a huge tourist spot for easily 20 years.

Ever hear of anyone being shot or disappearing?

There are people driving up to the security perimeter daily and there are a certain number that don't take the signs seriously in which case you are detained by the range security "cammo dudes" until the Sheriff arrives, arrests you for trespassing, impounds your car and writes a $600 trespassing fine before releasing you.

Everybody who violates the border gets arrested, its something the perimeter security and local Sheriff have a low tolerance for.

I understand its not worth it in the slightest as the actual base is still another 20 miles from the perimeter guard shack and all the range security do is detain you roadside (at gunpoint) until the Sheriff arrives and takes you back to town the same way you came.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

This is the moment a BBC film crew were held by security teams at the notoriously secretive Area 51 - where aliens allegedly crashed their saucer in the 1947 Roswell incident.

lol!

Too funny. N00bz!

In fairness it was the article author and not the documentary peeps right?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
They should have fined each person 1 million dollars. Then sent all the money to me so I could use it to build a nice beach house. Like this....

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Stick a fence up its not that hard!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Area 51 is fenced dude.

They stop you long before that...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by iskander683
reply to post by ubeenhad

As somebody mentioned earlier, this has already posted, days ago.

12 Brits Breach Restricted Groom Lake Area
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it sounded like they had to actually go up to a guard hut, look through the window and knock the door to draw the attention of the guards! So much for the high tech Area 51 security.

It makes me wonder if they're only guarding for appearances and that the base moved elsewhere years ago. I heard something about them moving to Colorado but I can't remember where I heard it from. A documentary, perhaps? That makes more sense to me as to why the security wasn't tight there.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

It's been said they relocated. At least relocated in the sense of whatever top-secret related thing was initially at Area 51.

It's also been said it wasn't relocated to another State, but moved underground in Area 51.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I'm wondering when curiosity seekers, media outlets and such are going to start flying/operating/crawling their own drones.

Attempting to sneak onto base property, you're going to get caught.

Drop a small solar rechargable all-terrain crawler over the fence/border and one could camp out for a week, or a month, or however long it takes to creep and crawl the rover drone(s) into opportunistic positions with good sight lines.

It'd be like having your own Curiosity Mars rover, but, inside Area-51 perimeter. Take it slow and sneaky.
That area gets nothing but sunlight near all year round, so, a solar power recharge, and lots of patience in creeping the rover charge by charge would be much more doable than some scheme to sneak a person inside the perimeter.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Originally posted by ubeenhad

they need to calm down...its easy to explain.....
you see, somone lost a london bus
the bbc wen to find it....alas, it was in the state

lol

why is there a frigging london bus

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I dont trust this show. I watched the road trip about 7/7 bobmings. Im not saying either way what happened that day. but the makers of this tv show set out to disprove the conspiracy and change the conspiracy theorists minds. they doint set out to prove it one way or another its all to one sided.

And lets face it. no tv show is going to come and and prove it was an inside job. if they did would it appear on our screens?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It's always amused me... we pay taxes for "top secret" programs that we'll never know the details of. They're probably just swimming pools and deluxe yachts for politicians.

that is to say, bells and whistles. extraneous. Toys.
edit on 11-10-2012 by SymbolicLogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What's the big news here?? Many crews have filmed around the perimeter in the past and have taken special note of all of the WARNING signs that litter the boundary. These dolts from the BBC are lucky they were not shot from a distance and left out in the sun to feed the buzzards.

You play with fire, you're gonna get burned.... Let this be a warning to others who seek to gain entry into this area...
Wow!! Dummies....

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Have you seen the size of the area around the base? You don't just "stick a fence up" on an area that big.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
I`m also sure the military there doesn`t want the media attention of shooting people for being inquisitive.Heck it maybe the highlight of the security officers day anyway.

No doubt about it. Guards like that get a major hard-on when they get to act tough. Which is real 'hard' when you're pointing an M16 at the heads of unarmed journalists or students.
The MIL is occupying fine public desert land for military purposes and polluting it for generations to come. They even got special permission to pollute even more than such installations usually do. I salute them with my middle finger.

That said, I agree that this is just a PR-stunt from the documentary crew. They had nothing to gain, and they probably knew that beforehand.

Originally posted by MmmPie

Why are these British folk pressing their luck?

Besides the PR, I imagine they feel like many others, they just want to mess with the knuckleheads. Many Europeans are provoked by the power of the MIL in the US, and I think that's a big reason.

edit on 11-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: typo

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Makes you wonder about how many people these guards have killed. It's not like anybody would find out. They would probably just dispose of the body in an incinerator.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't think it's a good idea for the guards to actually shoot anyone, it could get real messy if the media heard about it. So, I don't think that's their first response, I only expect them to use lethal force if they were threatened.

I'm sure they like to puff up and threaten to do so in situations where it's unneeded though.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Lethal force is a last resort. It's on the sign more as a deterrent than anything. Most people are going to see that and stop instead of going on.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Off the shelf, commercially available technology exists to breach their security perimiter. The guards for the most part are contractors with barley a highschool education.

I'm sure, however, you probably won't find anything worth the risk. I sort of enjoy the mystery and mystique of A51. I like to imagine we have the Antarctic weapons platform from Stargate there.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

When and if they do use lethal force with trespassers are they legally required to inform the public? As in news media and such.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join