It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC film crew arrested at gunpoint for sneaking into top-secret American 'UFO base'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

BBC film crew arrested at gunpoint for sneaking into top-secret American 'UFO base'

w ww.newstrackindia.com

London, Oct. 11 (ANI): A film crew from the British broadcasting network, BBC was arrested at gunpoint for sneaking into a top-secret UFO military base in the United States.

Guards armed with M16 assault rifles forced the crew memebers to lie face-down for three hours while the FBI ran security checks on them.

The 12-man crew visited the infamous Area 51 in Nevada (USA), where it is claimed bodies of 'aliens' are being held, that the unit wanted to use for making a documentary about UFOs, The Sun reports.

According to the report, the 'Beeb' team, including standup comedian Andrew
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: More info just released here.

They caused outrage in Britain last week when they suggested that the 7/7 London bombings were part of a government conspiracy to boost support for the Iraq war. Now the BBC 'documentary' team has tested the patience of arguably the most dangerous agents in America - those who patrol the border of the top-secret base Area 51. Irish comedian Andrew Maxwell and UFO expert Darren Perks sneaked past the border at the site best known for the alleged Roswell alien ship crash - and were forced to lie on the ground at gunpoint for three hours while the FBI checked their credentials. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 11-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Edit: More sites are starting to report it just now. Breaking News?

What do you think. Would they have let them go if they really had seen anything of worth? Tarmac is probably all they saw for sure. They are probably lucky they didn't get shot.

Funny how it says photography is prohibited. Does it mean of the sign as well?

edit on 15-10-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed formatting

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

I do not have a hard time believing the story.

As shown in this Jesse Venture documentary, the surrounding area is heavily guarded.

edit on 11-10-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I seem to remember seeing a thread about this a few days ago.

Pretty dumb move by the film crew really, but perhaps dispels the myth of all the hi-tech security devices if they were indeed able to easily breach the perimeter without challenge, as I believe (from the other thread) that they were inside the fenceline for some time.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

A fenced (keep out signs) area is not that hard to breach and I would guess that it was because of all the high-tech security that they got caught.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
People probably try this all the time, but we just don’t here about because they’re gagged or whatever. Even if they did get anywhere near the actual buildings, how would they plan on getting pass thick steel doors and all of that whatnot? There’s isn’t really any point going on the base because chances are you won’t see anything interesting, unless you somehow obtained or fraud a entry ID.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Not just Area 51 but ANY secure military installation would have tight security.

Now these guys admitted getting behind the fence, quiet frankly they should be happy they were not shot on sight as some of the signs warn could indeed happen.

I am interested to know just how close they got though. Security is rumored to be so tight that you are watched well before you have time to get past the point of no return.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic

I do not have a hard time believing the story.

As shown in this Jesse Venture documentary, the surrounding area is heavily guarded.

Yes, and knowing that these guys would be really stupid to pull such a caper. I say it's a publicity stunt for ratings.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Same team caused outrage by suggesting London bombings were a government conspiracy
'
Agents held the 12-man team at gunpoint for three hours while checking their credentials

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I dont think this has been posted. I checked.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Why go to a place your not wanted. Its like gate crashing a formal function. bad taste and will get ya arrested.
edit on 11-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

However in this case, it can get you killed

Arrest should be the least of their worries.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Here's a nice thread about pretty much the same thing.

12 Students Denied Entry

Why are these British folk pressing their luck?
edit on 11-10-2012 by MmmPie because: to add

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
Why are these British folk pressing their luck?
edit on 11-10-2012 by MmmPie because: to add

I was just about to post that when I saw your edit. That was ninja fast.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

should be gratefull they are not now darwin award nominees

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

As somebody mentioned earlier, this has already posted, days ago.

12 Brits Breach Restricted Groom Lake Area
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it sounded like they had to actually go up to a guard hut, look through the window and knock the door to draw the attention of the guards! So much for the high tech Area 51 security.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Not just Area 51 but ANY secure military installation would have tight security.

Some more so then others.

There has been many posted video attempts of people approaching Area 51. I have viewed many on Youtube even. Might still be there.

You get as close as you can until the military stops you and points a gun at your mortal head. That bout wraps it up.

The conspiracy theorists interested in Area 51 say it all takes place underground. Any alleged top secret activity that is.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
There`s a number of video`s on youtube of various people who drive through the "no go zone signs" which is a loooong way from any complex,its clear that the sercurity knew full well,if they were seen as a *real* threat and not just the average Joe`s thrill seeking,I`d say for sure they would be stopped with deadly force.

I`m also sure the military there doesn`t want the media attention of shooting people for being inquisitive.Heck it maybe the highlight of the security officers day anyway.

How easy would it be to put a check point and gate where the signs are if it were important to them.Its just a way to weed out and assess the situation before hand of those going beyond it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by iskander683

As somebody mentioned earlier, this has already posted, days ago.

12 Brits Breach Restricted Groom Lake Area
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it sounded like they had to actually go up to a guard hut, look through the window and knock the door to draw the attention of the guards! So much for the high tech Area 51 security.

I just now realised it said 12 man team on this link as well. I guess close this

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yeh i dont believe the killing would be justfied if it went to court. They dont have fences around the land. come on a bunch or retarded warning signs of lethal force is mickey mouse.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I've got just 17 and ticket to ride out in the pantry somewhere.
Going to be tough getting back to 1949 and the Horton brothers going down that trail.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join