It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof I Have Way Too Much Time on My Hands, Numeric Table..... What Did I Create?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observationalist
I was messing around with a numeric pattern of odd and even numbers and got this.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

Here is the base pattern

In the center of your array of numbers, you have changed the justification of the cells. On the left side, they are left justified. On the right, they are right justified. In the center it makes the two columns appear closer together....but they are just side by side and justified oppositely.

Why? Is there no alignment in the pattern? If so, just highlight all columns, right click, and set the column width to something that allows all numbers to fit evenly. Then do the same with the rows, but make sure that the cell is roughly square. Center all cells. Now your numbers will all be centered and justified identically in identically shaped cells. If you still have a pattern, come back to us.

But it seems that using a trick of cell justification in Excel to support your pattern may hurt your thread.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Numerology.

27 =/= 2+7
27 = 20 + 7
It's pretty simple, even a first grader can understand it.
Numbers can predict the future....but not using numerology.

Maybe when you learn to recognise actual numerology (which I also hate) then you'll stop putting your foot in your mouth.
ATS

Stating that 27=9 is a technique unique to numerology.
If you think differently, show me where this technique is used in maths or physics.

I noticed you changed your signature...

I thought that the tone of my signature could have been misconstrued as being directed at others instead of myself as intended. So I changed it. Is it against ATS T&C to change my signature?

You seem to hold a very deep grudge against me. Did I hurt your widdle feewings?

edit on 11/10/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

To OP- great matrix. I never dealt in higher math like this... but finding mathematical patterns in matrixes are way cool.

reply to post by staple

Thanks for the video.... very interesting.

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Texan: interesting observation. So what does that tell us? To me, and this is just me thinking out loud... it seems like in order for the 'natural patterns' to exist, that an unnatural force (symbolic of God?) had to affect it at its most basic level.

edit on 11/10/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I was messing around with a numeric pattern of odd and even numbers and got this.

Here is the base pattern

In the center of your array of numbers, you have changed the justification of the cells. On the left side, they are left justified. On the right, they are right justified. In the center it makes the two columns appear closer together....but they are just side by side and justified oppositely.

Why? Is there no alignment in the pattern? If so, just highlight all columns, right click, and set the column width to something that allows all numbers to fit evenly. Then do the same with the rows, but make sure that the cell is roughly square. Center all cells. Now your numbers will all be centered and justified identically in identically shaped cells. If you still have a pattern, come back to us.

But it seems that using a trick of cell justification in Excel to support your pattern may hurt your thread.

Good observation,
My reason for the justification was to keep a mirrored effect. When I created the first sequence I wanted to see what it looked liked mirrored, so to me the cell justification helped me see it better.

I'm not trying to trick anyone here, this is my first number matrix, so if there is some rule about centering numbers then I will modify to fit the rule.

I will work on one tonight that is centered.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Notice the Merkahbah shape? The two arrows overlapping? What you did here was show a range of numbers that are already connected in mysterious ways...and take the mystery even further.

Numbers are the language of the universe, and geometry is its poetry. In fact, numbers are the only PURE language, because while all other languages differ in meaning and usage, numbers have a constant value no matter where they are, and they ALWAYS follow the same rules.

Nice job with your little experiment. Now you can see a tiny glimpse of the divinity of the universe - because these numbers DEFINE the universe. They're like letters....letters form words, words form sentences, sentences form paragraphs, and paragraphs form a beautiful mental imprint of an idea. Like sounds and color, too. Sounds create patterns, and so do colors. It's all patterns, like you've shown here.

Numbers do the same thing, but they are much more accurate.

edit on 11-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I no doubt have a belife in a higher power. This does help me respect even more the idea of a divine knowledge that constructed this infinite universe. It's as if the omniscient power that created this univers laid it out over this matrix of numbers.

Thanks for your deep perspective on this.

reply to post by staple

That video was very helpful. One of the reasons I'm here on ATS, to expand my knowledge.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS

Texan: interesting observation. So what does that tell us? To me, and this is just me thinking out loud... it seems like in order for the 'natural patterns' to exist, that an unnatural force (symbolic of God?) had to affect it at its most basic level.

edit on 11/10/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

I work with Excel about 35 hours a week as part of my job. It is actually an OCD for me. I love Excel, how you can use simple logic to build something amazing (well, and some VB scripting). So noticing the formatting of the cells is something that came right out at me.

He is drawing straight lines through numbers grouped in Excel....but those lines areonly straight when he manipulates the format. This tells me exactly what I usually find out when looking at Excel workbooks: figures don't lie.....but liars can figure.

(note, before some hand wringer gets in an uproar..."liar" is hyperbole. I am calling no one "liar").

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I centered all cells, not much changed. If anything it helps the shapes be more in proportion.

This table with the duplicate middle column was my first attempt. As I said i was basing my idea on a mirror effect. I later removed the duplicate column as you can see in some of my other tables I posted.
and now with your help I have got the table to a more nurtural setting, Thanks

Here is what it looks like now

This is the number 9

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
More 9's

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

You created patterns of symetry of course.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I like this thread!

Finding numbers in everything, shapes from numbers and the Fibonacci sequence in pineapples (REALLY) has always sparked curiosity in me.

Keep playing with numbers, you will soon find out Pi is wrong.

S & F!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I wish I had this much free time on my hands

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Outstanding. Thank you.

Like I had said....i have OCD when it comes to Excel. Years training entry level analysts how to properly tend to formatting for reporting....

....but centered gives you a much nicer layout.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NaeBabii

Pi is wrong?!?!

Pie is never wrong...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaeBabii
I like this thread!

Finding numbers in everything, shapes from numbers and the Fibonacci sequence in pineapples (REALLY) has always sparked curiosity in me.

S & F!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaeBabii

Thanks, I would love to hear how Pi is wrong. I'm a fresh mind to math, so I got no built in biases.

Pi isn't wrong...In fact, pi is an example of irrational perfection.

Approximations of pi will always be exactly that....an approximation.

If your mind is fresh and you like maths....don't waste your time talking about unicorn fart theory with the retards in here....Go and do a calculus course that begins with algebra and trigonometry, then have a crack at calculus(which is pretty easy despite its reputation).

Remember this though......Learning mathematics is exactly like learning to play a musical instrument, practice is paramount to becoming a good mathematician.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
SO...you drew a reciprocal number chart, plotted a few congruent lines, and came up with mirrored geometric patterns?

I must be missing the mystical nature of your post... Considering the pattern of numbers wouldn't that happen regardless?

Wouldn't patterns appears if the numbers were letters of the alphabet?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
SO...you drew a reciprocal number chart, plotted a few congruent lines, and came up with mirrored geometric patterns?

I must be missing the mystical nature of your post... Considering the pattern of numbers wouldn't that happen regardless?

Glad you asked, you inspired this.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Glad you asked, you inspired this.

Language is all about patterns, be it verbal or mathematical. If you're really into this stuff then have a look at the similarities between human, dolphin, or even alien language:

edit on 10/13/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
So, since you are fresh to math, I would strongly recommend watching this short video.

It's an amazingly interesting video on why Pi is wrong, with awesome drawings!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join