It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Enter At Your Own Risk" - Detroit Police Warning People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If people only knew, well they are about to find out because Detroit Police Officers are fed up and going to speak out publicly this weekend by warning everyone.

When police are speaking out and saying "Enter are your own risk" you know things are really bad, think about it.

The police are asking for support and help, but will they get it, or will it backfire?

detroit.cbslocal.com...

DETROIT (WWJ) – The men and women of the Detroit Police Department believe the city is too dangerous to enter, and they want citizens to know it.

Detroit Police Officer Association (DPOA) Attorney Donato Iorio said officers are holding the “Enter At Your Own Risk” rally at 3:30 p.m. Saturday in front of Comerica Park to remind the public that the officers are overworked, understaffed, and at times, fearful for their lives.

With a shrinking police force Detroit is in a state of anarchy. I personally believe that it has been seen the riots, in the 60's, but no one ever wanted to speak out publicly because of the fact the city was run by a corrupt administration, starting from Mayor Coleman Young, then Kwame Kilpatrick and current counsel members. The new mayor (Bing) is trying to do his best, but still has legacy issues to deal with, including all of the cancerous administrators that were put in place by Coleman Young and Kwame.

There are good people in Detroit, but they are having to fend for themselves and this is not fair. Detroit can be a great city, but people need to be aware of what is transpiring here.

This is pretty much Detroit today take a look at the link below, this is happening on a wide scale and officers have to patrol these garbage areas.

The state and possibly the federal government is going to need to step in now. Time to rid the cancer here and clean this city up.

desertedplaces.blogspot.com...

edit on 10-10-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The purpose of the flyers was to push a "yes" vote on proposition 2. I am not disagreeing that Detroit is dangerous, simply that their motivation behind this is about something else entirely.

Detroit News

edit on 10-10-2012 by IceFlower because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2012 by IceFlower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IceFlower
The purpose of the flyers was to push a "yes" vote on proposition 2. I am not disagreeing that Detroit is dangerous, simply that their motivation behind this is about something else entirely.

www.detroitnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Enter at Your Own Risk

The city is a mess, it's been on the border of State receivership for years now. Maybe it would be good if the State of Michigan took it over because it's a mess.

There are many areas I do not travel to unless I have my gun, or areas I completely avoid.

This is bad press for sure, but maybe the press Detroit needs to get a new start.

Detroit is the paradigm of a major city failure, in the USA not on one level but all levels.

edit on Wed Oct 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit per OP request

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Anyone that would stay in detroit when they can simply move somewhere better, is simply asking for what they are getting.

There is no need for a police force the seze needed for a city, when your more like a large town spread out in the wasteland of a former city.

Indiana is right down the road from them, so is wiisconsin, both are very nice places to live, both have a pretty good economy, way above average legislators, and some of the best police forces in the country( as far as abuse of power goes) and lower unemployment than detroit by many times over.

I feel no sorrow for detroit, it is the end result of many many many misdeeds andbad management practices by their electorate. The people have fled by the tens of thousands for decades now. The city government should just accept the reality of the situation and rezone the entire city, back down to a large town, returning most of it back to farmland, and begin selling corn, as nobody is buying any of the government motors crappy assed hybrids and electrics.

If not for federal money proping up the local economy the entire state would be bankrupt, from sucking the revenue from the rest of the state to try to maintain a ghost city that nobody wants needs or cares at all about.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by IceFlower

www.detroitnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Enter at Your Own Risk

Do you live in Detroit?

Their motivation is of course financial, but unless you live or have lived in the Detroit area all your life then you would not be able to comment on this issue.

The city is a mess, it's been on the border of State receivership for years now. Maybe it would be good if the State of Michigan took it over because it's a mess.

There are many areas I do not travel to unless I have my gun, or areas I completely avoid.

This is bad press for sure, but maybe the press Detroit needs to get a new start.

Detroit is the paradigm of a major city failure, in the USA not on one level but all levels.

I believe I can (and will) comment on any subject that I am well informed and knowledgeable about. Yes, to answer your challenge - I am in the Detroit area.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I personally think this is going to backfire on the Detroit Police, this may give the State of Michigan the green light to push Detroit into receivership.

I have to agree with the above poster on downsizing Detroit and cutting of the federal and state aid, that is sucking the rest of the state dry, but the problem with this is the city will riot, if they get their funding cut off.

What I disagree with is your lack of compassion for the decent people, in the city of Detroit.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Detroit is one place I will never go. I hear there is alot of corruption in their government, so Im wondering if the FBI is going after anyone in there? Not too long ago, the FBI took down the mayor of Trenton, NJ for corruption.

From the OP link -

“These are the men and women who we look to protect us… and police officers can’t protect you if they’re not there. Officers are leaving simply because they can’t afford to stay in Detroit and work 12 hour shifts for what they are getting paid… These police officers are beyond demoralized, these officers are leaving hand over fist because they can no longer afford to stay on the department and protect the public,” he said.

Is it possible that neighboring cities would allow their officers to also patrol some of Detroit to?
edit on 10-10-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I guess I don't understand why Gov. Schneider hasn't taken it over yet.
This would actually be one case where the law he passed would actually do some good.

Thankfully, I don't have cause to go there anymore.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I really want this house from the list:

On subject, the town cannot improve until EVERYONE decides it needs to. If the citizens aren't willing to do anything to help, the town will stay stagnant. This is one subject were it takes the efforts of all to improve. One cannot just rely on the city/town resources.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I don't reconize the city,I was born and raised there and moved away at 19..That was the late 70's.Detroit is an example of what is happening around the country.
Crooked politicians,middle class blue collar working class being completely wiped out.All thats left is the very rich and very poor.

Once a beautiful city with grand old houses now a wasteland,..so sad

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Is it possible that neighboring cities would allow their officers to also patrol some of Detroit to?

There was actually talk of breaking dividing Detroit up into sections, and neighboring cities would expand their borders, while Detroit was downsized but it never happened.

I believe the state is about to step in soon, which really needs to happen.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Then maybe you should of specifically addressed your thread to those who live in Detroit.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join