It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* Artist Akiane Kramarik Paints Mysteries of Divine Presence *

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by MamaJ

OMG she's great!!! As an artist myself, I really want to put a flag, here.

Yes, she is! Love it! Thank you!

Do you mind sharing with us your work??

I wish I had a talent such as creating such an image that looks as real as life itself. Even though I don't though.... I can sure appreciate the ones who can.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Here is some poetry written by her ...
akiane.com...

The Infinity Of Beginning

The fog dew
is the reflection of my glance.
Tears are already
my second life . . .

Yet I still fear
to live a life
that has already lived
in the eyes of the future.

Floating feathers of a hymn
are footsteps to the voice.

The choir on a dewy folded leaf—
I wither at once
In defense chasing nature
is a victory of delusion—
and vanish
in the immortality of the finish line . . .

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this Mama - I ran across Akiane's story some time back and was just blown away by her gift as well as her story. I haven't read a whole lot of your posts (I have a very busy life and don't spend as much time as I would like on ATS), but it would seem to me that you are one of a growing number of us who are filled with faith, but not shackled by religion. Not to derail your thread about this wonderfully gifted girl, but my own journey of faith has been a very long road to where I am today. It is very liberating to shed the man made religions of the world and embrace our faith. Akiane's story is really an eye opening journey of faith as well. Thanks for reminding me about her!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Surely, MamaJ, if I ever had a "spiritual" experience I may believe in those things. But, I don't think this is possible since experience seems to amount to either an experience of objects which our five senses can verify, or a solitary, personal experience of inner feelings. In my view, the experience of objects outside of yourself can be demonstrated and thus articulated, since the language you would use to describe it can point to the object of experience. But the experience of inner feelings makes communicating those feelings very unclear. The impression one has seems to defy a clear expression of it. Verbally describing it to others is sure to raise questions in someone like myself, as it is very difficult to distinguish between the reality and fantasy of one's solitary/subjective experience.

So, if you have subjective experiences, I think they are unique to you alone, and you risk confusion, manipulation, and ridicule by trying to say anyone else can have that experience. It is like someone saying they had a dream, and suggesting someone else to have the same dream.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by Darkblade71

Hi Darkblade71!!!! Thank you for coming on over....

Would you mind sharing your experience as an artist and maybe giving us a glimpse at some of your work?

I would REALLY appreciate it.

As soon as I get a chance I will sit down and watch it

I am really glad that these art stories are being put up to look at.
I need to see them myself.
Looking back over some of my old computer art,
this was one that seriously stood out and became my avatar.
I made this about 10 years ago with a fractal generator,
and until a few months ago it was lost to me, but I somehow recovered it than ks to geocities archiving things.

It is psychic art?
I think so, but then,
that is just kind of how I see it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Thanks for posting this Mama - I ran across Akiane's story some time back and was just blown away by her gift as well as her story. I haven't read a whole lot of your posts (I have a very busy life and don't spend as much time as I would like on ATS), but it would seem to me that you are one of a growing number of us who are filled with faith, but not shackled by religion. Not to derail your thread about this wonderfully gifted girl, but my own journey of faith has been a very long road to where I am today. It is very liberating to shed the man made religions of the world and embrace our faith. Akiane's story is really an eye opening journey of faith as well. Thanks for reminding me about her!

Definitely not shackled by religion and it is indeed a liberating feeling to just "be". I agree and love the phrase you provided as it indeed feels great to be liberated and inspired at the same time. No labels needed. ;-)

Oh... and ..You are welcome...and thank you for the kind words.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by MamaJ

Surely, MamaJ, if I ever had a "spiritual" experience I may believe in those things. But, I don't think this is possible since experience seems to amount to either an experience of objects which our five senses can verify, or a solitary, personal experience of inner feelings. In my view, the experience of objects outside of yourself can be demonstrated and thus articulated, since the language you would use to describe it can point to the object of experience. But the experience of inner feelings makes communicating those feelings very unclear. The impression one has seems to defy a clear expression of it. Verbally describing it to others is sure to raise questions in someone like myself, as it is very difficult to distinguish between the reality and fantasy of one's solitary/subjective experience.

So, if you have subjective experiences, I think they are unique to you alone, and you risk confusion, manipulation, and ridicule by trying to say anyone else can have that experience. It is like someone saying they had a dream, and suggesting someone else to have the same dream.

I understand where you are coming from.

If you ever have such an experience by all means, message me and share it with me. Please.

I will believe you.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I love it..... the colors and the art itself makes it look alive and interactive. Its beautiful!!!!!

Creativity is a creation and we are constantly creating..... always and forever will be co- creators with the creator.

Love it!

I may begin painting and writing poetry!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just to get an idea of the size of the Prince of Peace portrait check this out:

24.media.tumblr.com...

Awesome picture!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Just to get an idea of the size of the Prince of Peace portrait check this out:

24.media.tumblr.com...

Awesome picture!

Thanks for sharing that!!! WOW! I didn't realize how HUGE it is!

I had heard/read the Prince of Peace was inspired by a family friend/Carpenter who is 7 ft tall and came the day after she prayed all day for guidance in regards to the Prince of Peace image.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here is more information regarding the Prince of Peace and how the portrait came about.

At eight-years-old, Akiane decided she wanted to paint the face of Jesus, based on the visions she received. She looked for a person she might use as a artist’s model for a long time, and finally told her family they should pray for God to send someone. On the day they prayed, a mysterious carpenter showed up at their front door looking for work. Akiane took one look at the man’s facial features – remarkably close to the vision she received – and told her mother he was the one. In humility, the man initially said he was not worthy to represent his Master. But reluctantly, the man agreed, although he asked to remain anonymous. Akiane’s painting of Jesus was a painstaking effort. “The ‘Prince of Peace’ took me 4o hours to paint and another 20 hours of working with model sketching,” Akiane says. Akiane deftly works with light and shadows to create powerful impressions. “The light side of his face represents the truth, the dark side represents suffering,” she notes.

What I think is truly remarkable is not only were her parents non believers but they also lived an abnormal life.... one with nature and without the drama of the worlds television or computer.

Here is more about her early childhood.

Her atheist parents were surprised when their three-year-old began to describe dreams and visions from God. This inexplicable direction in their daughter’s life, combined with a remarkable talent in art and poetry, inspired her family to re-examine their own lives. “My life began in an unusual way,” says Akiane Kramarik, 17, who spent her early years in rural Illinois. By unusual, she refers to her underwater birth in “a shack” on the edge of a cornfield. “Our family had no money, no friends, no relatives, no television or radio. Our life was quite simple — long walks in nature, open conversations, and hands on explorations of knowledge,” she says. Her mother, Forelli, is a Lithuanian immigrant educator. Akiane’s father, Mark, is a chef from Chicago with a Catholic background. In her early family life, there was no prayer, no discussions of God, and no visits to church. Yet in the insular atheistic environment her parents created – free from media influences or even outside babysitters – Akiane suddenly began to talk about God. She spoke of colorful dreams and visions about heaven, Jesus, and God’s amazing love. Her stunned parents realized her intense focus on God could not have come have been inspired by anything in the world they created for her. Indeed, Akiane seemed to be having supernatural encounters with the living God. “Most of my spiritual experiences I kept secret, so as not to overwhelm my parents,” she says.

How sweet! lol She didn't want to overwhelm her parents.

I just love this girl.

“When I was four years old, suddenly I started experiencing vivid impressions about different dimensions and a great desire to express them through art,” she says.

blog.godreports.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thanks MamaJ for creating this thread. I had not heard of this girl/young woman before. She is a heavenly gift that's for certain. Her interpretation of Jesus really resonates with me too. He looks 'real' like you or me. I think it is more inspiring to think of Jesus as an ordinary man who did extraordinary things - someone who became a physical representation of the divine while on this planet.

I am going to check out more of her paintings and poetry.

Peace to You

* Ned

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I think she's a good painter, but I don't believe the story she and her parents tell. It seems to make the Christians happy. It has been proven for almost two-thousand years that Christians will believe anything

Why would atheists make up a story about Jesus? Maybe you should pay more attention to detail. I have my own experiences...

I believe the Story. I'm no Christian, and I grew up with hippies and liberals all my life. Jesus came to me and taught me things when I needed it. Jesus is awesome.. Way more awesome than Christians. haha.. I found Jesus by meditating and practicing Hermetics.

You don't have to be christian to talk about Jesus. The Christians got it way wrong in my opinion, but he didn't. What a wonderful soul he is. He doesn't care what you believe. He only cares about the Love you carry within your heart.

I agree with the post directly above mine. We can do it too. Just as he did.

By the way that portrait looks exactly right to me, except that in my experience he appeared older. I'm always looking for depictions of Jesus that are true, and most are not very close to being right, except this one. If you make his hair longer, and his eyes much older looking while still being vibrant as the artist portrayed them that's what I saw. I don't understand the white robe thing, but that's what he wears.
edit on 10/9/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thanks for this inspiring thread, Mama J.

I had heard of Akiane a long time ago, but had forgotten about her. I didn't know all the information contained in this thread about her story, so it is a great read. I believe her story.

IMO, the reason her painting looks like other pictures of Jesus is because this is what Jesus looks like, and the way he appeared to her, and others who have painted him.

It would get confusing to the masses if everyone saw Jesus as a totally different individual, wouldn't it?
Some paintings look a little different, but close enough to tell it is the same person.

I'll continue to follow this thread.

edit on 10/9/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

reply to post by MamaJ

I think she's a good painter, but I don't believe the story she and her parents tell. It seems to make the Christians happy. It has been proven for almost two-thousand years that Christians will believe anything

Why would atheists make up a story about Jesus? Maybe you should pay more attention to detail. I have my own experiences...

I believe the Story. I'm no Christian, and I grew up with hippies and liberals all my life. Jesus came to me and taught me things when I needed it. Jesus is awesome.. Way more awesome than Christians. haha.. I found Jesus by meditating and practicing Hermetics.

You don't have to be christian to talk about Jesus. The Christians got it way wrong in my opinion, but he didn't. What a wonderful soul he is. He doesn't care what you believe. He only cares about the Love you carry within your heart.

I agree with the post directly above mine. We can do it too. Just as he did.

By the way that portrait looks exactly right to me, except that in my experience he appeared older.

Hey Dustytoad.... ;-)

You know Im right with ya on that. They wouldn't make it up and she was not around anything that should have made her turn to God at such a young age. Its a spirit "thang", is what I make of it.

Hermetics is quite a spiritual "moving" lesson, or was for me too and the fact I am not a Christian, yet love Jesus makes me feel so liberated because I am not attached to any label and if I had to ... it would be called the ... label of love. Thats what Jesus stands for.

Akiane shows us with her passion when she speaks about God ( I feel it), writes about God, or Paints about God. She is even composing music now via the piano. The girl see's God in everything and everyone. She sees the true beauty in life and trusts life will always be a part of each of us.... within our spirit.

I just think its so cool. lol

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
reply to post by MamaJ

Thanks MamaJ for creating this thread. I had not heard of this girl/young woman before. She is a heavenly gift that's for certain. Her interpretation of Jesus really resonates with me too. He looks 'real' like you or me. I think it is more inspiring to think of Jesus as an ordinary man who did extraordinary things - someone who became a physical representation of the divine while on this planet.

I am going to check out more of her paintings and poetry.

Peace to You

* Ned

Well, not knowing about this inspiration is no big deal.... HOWEVER..... check out the thread when you have time and catch up on Akiane. She is beautiful in and out. I have watched so many videos now, I do believe I have watched them all. lol

Her poems are equally as beautiful. Some, if Im not mistaken, she says is literally from God. She said when she writes poetry it is effortless.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
Thanks for this inspiring thread, Mama J.

I had heard of Akiane a long time ago, but had forgotten about her. I didn't know all the information contained in this thread about her story, so it is a great read. I believe her story.

IMO, the reason her painting looks like other pictures of Jesus is because this is what Jesus looks like, and the way he appeared to her, and others who have painted him.

It would get confusing to the masses if everyone saw Jesus as a totally different individual, wouldn't it?
Some paintings look a little different, but close enough to tell it is the same person.

I'll continue to follow this thread.

edit on 10/9/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

Too funny! I LOL'ed when I read that because it is sooo true.

Why would He want to confuse the masses?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Oh hey MamaJ. I didn't realize that was you.

I havn't watched the video yet, but I will later on tonight. I woke up with a note next to the bed.. My girl left me with chores. Got kitchen duty till she gets back from work. Haha.

This almost makes me want to paint. At the same time it makes me think I should stick to markers... I'll never be as good as her. I can't believe how real and accurate that picture of Jesus looks. As I am starring at it, I can feel his words as he said them to me.. "You will be enlightened." I think it was a message for us all.

I can't wait to watch.

Ok I started it. Is that really her talking? She sounds so wise. So old and so young at the same time.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am curious if her parents were painters or artists? I didn't take the time to read it because I take most child prodigies with a grain of salt, even Mozart had a composer father which makes his brilliant work a little more understandable then someone with farming parents becoming an amazing composer out of the blue...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
how come jesus has blue/green eyes,dirty blonde hair and kinda looks like a cross between richard gear and wolverine???!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join