It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* Artist Akiane Kramarik Paints Mysteries of Divine Presence *

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hello my fellow ATS'ers!!!

Over the last two days I have been soooooooo inspired by Akiane Kramarik. I am sure yo have heard of her over the years.

She is now 18 yrs. old, however she began to draw at the age of 4 and then began to paint at age 6.

As she got older, she began to not just draw on paper, but began to paint. Her paintings came alive, she says while painting.

Her parents were atheists, yet when she began to tell them about Jesus inspiring her by making her paintings come alive they began to wonder. At first they thought she was having nightmares and then they began to trust what she was saying to them as it was so intelligent, much more intelligent than her age.

She would awaken and go straight into her painting room. She told her mother that the inspiration awaits her, not the other way around. She also states that as soon as she is finished with a painting she feels soooo much better as if a burden is lifted off of her and she can now rejoice in her finished work.

After watching a lot of videos, she seems to be non religious, however very spiritual. With that said, she does speak about Jesus and she has paintings portraying Jesus as well, but she (like me) does not claim a label such as Christianity.

In my opinion she is young, yet wise, we can learn so much from her AND her work.

She believes we are all connected (as I do) and have a path before us that is unique in its own right. Meaning, each of us are co creators. We are individually here to complete a task and each task is unique from another. This is a spiritual growth that needs no labels, nor does it need any dogma.

Loving your neighbor for their differences is where love resides.

She believes every person needs some guidance. It could be a friend or a relative and the guidance may allow for further spiritual growth. Meaning, we can teach and inspire one another by not pushing a belief on the other but by sharing ideas about the Creator.

Here is one of many videos you can find on the internet. I encourage anyone interested to watch more.

Here is her painting called "Prince of Peace". She painted this portrait at the age of only 8!!!! Check it out.

Akiane was only eight years old when she painted the above portrait of Jesus, called Prince of Peace. Today, she is seventeen, having spent her childhood having visions and painting and dictating/writing poetry from age four. Her mother was an atheist, her father a lapsed Catholic. Akiane’s gifts seemingly started out of the blue, with no coaching or lessons. She’s a self-taught artist, home-schooled, raised in poverty, and eventually, through her paintings and visions, she helped convert her entire family to Christianity. You can view more of her work here. Akiane was once asked what she would say to God if she could ask him just one question and he would answer, and she said she would ask him what the purpose of extreme suffering is. But, I think we all know what the answer would be, at least on some level. This world was never meant to be our permanent home. We were created to be more than we are because God is more than this world. It is like C.S. Lewis said – “You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” Sometimes, when we suffer here in this world, it is our own doing, but more often than not, it’s out of our hands. But this life is just for a little while. We are on loan to this world. That doesn’t mean that we should not help make it a better place. We definitely should – otherwise, what is the point? We could sit on our hands all day, refusing to care, refusing to help, or we can make our lives mean something. I choose meaning. I choose hope. Hope is what Akiane wants people to come away with after viewing her artwork, after reading her poetry, after reading about her childhood and her life as it is now. That is what I strive to embody with my own life as well, through my writing and also through compassion for others. We may feel completely alone sometimes, but all we have to do is reach out and grasp somebody’s hand (physically or even spiritually). We are not alone. We just have to stop acting as if we are, that’s all

cloakeynotes.wordpress.com...

Akiane believes Parallel Universes exists and we are in sync with other cells. She says Heaven is everywhere and if we create, perceive and believe in it, it becomes alive and working in our life while we are on Earth.

I encourage everyone to listen/watch the above video for more insight and inspiration. Seek out more, maybe like I did and appreciate the beauty and hope we can find even in todays chaotic world.

For the negative comments that may come, know that she has encountered negativity as well and it does not effect her other than when people say she is creating the devils work. That does seem to sadden her, however she thinks "maybe these people do not understand and its ok not to understand". She makes excuses for them and feels sorry for them. She believes in being patient that people will come around.

Read more about "her story" here... www.atlasbooks.com...

Wise far beyond her years, Akiane, however, is indifferent to either praise or criticism. She cannot help but paint and write.“I was born to paint,” she says. What also made Akiane so unique and renowned is that she is able to portray the invisible and visible realms with such emotion and realism. Most of her priceless masterpieces carry a mysterious result: she often uses an unidentified golden dust substance that once ‘materialized’ in front of her eyes. Her painting “Innocence” is a hologram: from the front the lady appearing young and serene, but from the side she is all in tears and wrinkles. Akiane believes that people in the future will be able to study her originals with special microscopes revealing quantum relationships of the deepest colors and stories in her works. She has even been able to document her own masterpieces from beginning to end on film for educational purposes, and remains always open for many scientific and artistic collaborations. The fearless artist is not afraid to jump into the most enigmatic and thought provoking visual and literary debates engaging those that seek to explore uncharted territories. People from all beliefs and backgrounds seem to respond to her vision of love and unity like to no one else’s. “Our future is our present. If we take care of it, we take care of tomorrow. The start and finish line is love. I know I am just one person, but I wish that with each brushstroke and with each message I could bring hope to those who have lost it.”

Also, Darkblade71 posted this thread right before I posted this one and I encourage our members to go here as well and see what this member has to say about the artwork he calls "psychic artwork". For me, more inspiration of Hope. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope this thread allows inspiration for each of you and I hope that for at least today there is hope in your heart for a better today and a much better tomorrow. We can indeed know that we can trust the Universe to fulfill our destiny as loving beings who are spiritual at heart, even if some of you do not feel it today.

Thank you so much for your time! xoxox

Jenn

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I think she's a good painter, but I don't believe the story she and her parents tell. It seems to make the Christians happy. It has been proven for almost two-thousand years that Christians will believe anything

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

No need to "paint" slander about the subject at hand. Humans will believe anything, even when the truth is right in front of them. I guess delusion is an easier topic than exploring the truth.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by MamaJ

I think she's a good painter, but I don't believe the story she and her parents tell. It seems to make the Christians happy. It has been proven for almost two-thousand years that Christians will believe anything

"Christians will believe anything"?? hahaha.... maybe so.... you have the right to an opinion, thats for sure.

Im curious though...

What story do her parents tell? She does not claim to be religious nor does she claim to be a Christian. You must not know much about her. ??

Did you happen to read the OP or watch the video?

How did you come to your conclusion she is encouraging Christianity? The portrait of Jesus?

Im not a Christian nor do I wish to label myself such, but I still believe in Jesus. I guess that is why I feel so connected with her. What she says sounds like what I say to others.

Its not about religion.... it is about each having an experience of inspiration and hope.

Trusting there is life after death ..... that is more real than the life we experience on Earth.

Religion really has no place within spirituality as each of us believe differently no matter what label we may choose.... we are still divided when we get to the root of what we "believe".

To each his own. Each has a right to believe or not believe. We each have a path designed just for us on an individual basis, yet as collective as well.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKnight13

Slander? I grew up with Christians, and I live in the bible-belt. I'm pretty sure I can make a reasonable judgment based on experience

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKnight13
reply to post by trysts

No need to "paint" slander about the subject at hand. Humans will believe anything, even when the truth is right in front of them. I guess delusion is an easier topic than exploring the truth.

I totally agree.... sometimes the truth is hard to swallow especially when it goes against a certain "belief" you have held onto so tight that when another truth hits you, its easier to deny than to embrace.

For people who do not believe in an after life, they will not take to Akiane's story well, if at all.

My hope is one day... we all trust there is always an experience to be had.... even at death and after.

I hope that one day we realize there is nothing to fear except living a life thats not lived to the fullest.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

reply to post by CrimsonKnight13

Slander? I grew up with Christians, and I live in the bible-belt. I'm pretty sure I can make a reasonable judgment based on experience

I too live in the Bible belt and was never able to conform to such religious dogma. Why? I had not learned to self teach. I blamed my lack of understanding on a preacher or someone else other than myself.

I realized my lack of understanding came from myself. Only I could change it... by self teaching myself, beginning with..... the "beginning".

Its MY way though... my experience... my path.

You are different than I. You have and will have different experiences and with the different experiences you will react according to your growth at the precise moment of each experience.

I really believe a person can be spiritual without the labels and dogma. I live it.... thats why I believe it.

I do hope you watched/listened to the video so you may be able to determine if what you are saying in this thread is your truth... or just your preconceived beliefs.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Yes, living in the general and/or intimate vicinity with a certain group of individuals automatically equates you to being a subject matter expert & judge of everyone that calls themselves by the same name.

I completely disagree with your judgment. A megaton of religiosity doesn't mean that others are the same & nor does it mean that you get to label everyone with your own stereotype.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hi, MamaJ

Yes, I liked your OP, which I did read. I came across Akiane a few years ago. At first many people assumed the parents did the paintings, but since then Akiane has proven her talent. My Aunt, who is a Christian, thinks Akaine was inspired by gods/Jesus/??. I don't.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Hi, MamaJ

Yes, I liked your OP, which I did read. I came across Akiane a few years ago. At first many people assumed the parents did the paintings, but since then Akiane has proven her talent. My Aunt, who is a Christian, thinks Akaine was inspired by gods/Jesus/??. I don't.

I appreciate your honesty even though I do not understand how you have come to the conclusion one cannot be inspired by God.

Do you not believe in God? If that is the case, then I can understand.

Where do you think inspiration comes from?

I have been inspired by God since I was a little bitty girl and can give you countless experiences as to the inspiration I received and continue to receive.

If one opens their heart to the idea of God, it flows like a river.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Judgement-----c(_)

The problem is right in that word.

Judgement (or judgment[1]) is the evaluation of evidence in the making of a decision.[2][3][4] The term has four distinct uses:

Informal - Opinions expressed as facts.
Informal and psychological – used in reference to the quality of cognitive faculties and adjudicational capabilities of particular individuals, typically called wisdom or discernment.
Legal – used in the context of legal trial, to refer to a final finding, statement, or ruling, based on a considered weighing of evidence, called "adjudication". See spelling note for further explanation.
Religious – used in the concept of salvation to refer to the adjudication of God in determining Heaven or Hell for each and all human beings.

Which one are you referring to?
en.wikipedia.org...

Discernment might be a better word than judgement.

Discernment is the activity of determining the value and quality of a certain subject or event, particularly the activity of going past the mere perception of something and making detailed judgments about that thing. As a virtue, a discerning individual is considered to possess wisdom, and be of good judgement; especially so with regard to subject matter often overlooked by others.

Do you posses discernment?
en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps, and no offense meant to you,
This could also be it:

Ignorance

Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).[1] The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware and is often used as an insult to describe individuals who deliberately ignore or disregard important information or facts. Ignoramus is commonly used in the US, the UK, and Ireland as a term for someone who is willfully ignorant.

Ignorance is distinguished from stupidity, although both can lead to "unwise" acts.

Writer Thomas Pynchon articulated about the scope and structure of one's ignorance: "Ignorance is not just a blank space on a person's mental map. It has contours and coherence, and for all I know rules of operation as well. So as a corollary to [the advice of] writing about what we know, maybe we should add getting familiar with our ignorance, and the possibilities therein for writing a good story."[2]

The legal principle that ignorantia juris non excusat, literally "ignorance of the law is no excuse", stands for the proposition that the law applies also to those who are unaware of it.

en.wikipedia.org...

We are all free to the see things in whatever way and place they come to us.
To deny another's experience, to me, seems to be ignorance.
You don't know what and if or how,
because you are not this little girl.

Children are amazing creatures if they are allowed to express themselves, especially with art and just random thoughts children have.
My daughter asked me a question the other day that put me into a guide vision about evolution, and I would not of gotten that without her question,
Know the story, then form an opinion, but never deny anothers experience, even if it not anything like you have experienced, because to me, that is ignorance,
which is to be denied.

Peace, I mean nothing more than to reflect my thoughts while eating breakfast and having coffee.
I might add I have not watchded the video myself, so perhaps I am guilty of judegement too...lol

edit on 9-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It's funny how the Prince of Peace looks exactly like other depictions of Jesus. It is likely she was inspired by those paintings and depictions instead.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes, you're correct, I don't believe in gods. I think 'inspiration' is a moment of clarity. Where it comes from, I don't know since the word 'inspiration' is used by many different people for many different degrees of clarity. I'm inspired by love, frustration, a red bull and vodka(lol truly!), etc. What I won't do is create a god to explain it, or anything else. Of course, my thoughts on the matter are far from original. I owe a great deal to reading western philosophy, my parents(very funny, cynical people), friends, and a couple teachers/professors. The study of language helped quite a bit.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Hi, Darkblade71

I'll make it short: When I used the word "judgment", I meant an evaluation based upon experience.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Here is her painting called "Prince of Peace". She painted this portrait at the age of only 8!!!! Check it out.

You want to hear something creepy (well, maybe cool, not creepy
) about that painting?

In the book Heaven is For Real, Todd Burpo talks about his kid Colton, who claimed to have visited heaven and met Jesus, and showing him a bunch of pictures of Jesus and asking if it looked like Jesus, and Colton always said that "this was wrong" or "that was wrong."

Then Todd heard about this painting, brought it up on his computer and asked Colton to look at it.

"Take a look at this," I said, nodding toward the computer monitor. "What's wrong with this one?"

He turned to the screen and for a long moment said nothing.

"Colton?"

But he just stood there, studying. I couldn't read his expression.

"What's wrong with this one, Colton?" I said again.

Utter silence.

I nudged him in the arm. "Colton?"

My seven-year-old turned to look at me and said, "Dad, that one's right."

(Source: Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo, pg 144-145)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Ya know... I heard the little boy said that about her painting and completely forgot.

I read his book a year or so ago and found his story compelling as well....especially the fact he saw his sister in Heaven.....when he had no clue his mom had miscarried as he was so young.

Its experiences like these that give me inspiration and hope for tomorrow no matter how grim its perceived.

Thank you for reminding me and contributing such inspiration to the thread. xoxox

Jenn

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
reply to post by MamaJ

It's funny how the Prince of Peace looks exactly like other depictions of Jesus. It is likely she was inspired by those paintings and depictions instead.

Don't assume..... research and then tell me your thoughts.

Please....?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Yes, you're correct, I don't believe in gods. I think 'inspiration' is a moment of clarity. Where it comes from, I don't know since the word 'inspiration' is used by many different people for many different degrees of clarity. I'm inspired by love, frustration, a red bull and vodka(lol truly!), etc. What I won't do is create a god to explain it, or anything else. Of course, my thoughts on the matter are far from original. I owe a great deal to reading western philosophy, my parents(very funny, cynical people), friends, and a couple teachers/professors. The study of language helped quite a bit.

HA! Well.... I can understand your way of thinking better.

I don't believe you watched the video and I don't believe you have opened your heart to the many possibilities that we are in fact rooted in the spirit realm.

What do you make of all the human experiences such as this one as there are countless ones.

Maybe if you yourself had such an experience you would then be open to believing we are spirit beings having a human experience?

Either way.... Im glad you are being honest and open with your feelings in regards to this young girl and God.

Keep an open mind though.... you never know what may enter that could inspire you from within to create a life filled with hope in other people regarding the after life.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Hi Darkblade71!!!! Thank you for coming on over....

Would you mind sharing your experience as an artist and maybe giving us a glimpse at some of your work?

I would REALLY appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

OMG she's great!!! As an artist myself, I really want to put a flag, here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join