It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: Obama.com Owned by Bundler in Shanghai with Business Ties to Chinese Government

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

In fairness though, this thread is a HOAX.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

I respectfully disagree...This thread is a legitimate story.
Simply because some take issue with the messenger...doesn't mean that the message isn't valid.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Even CBS believes this is a story worth discussing:

The election of 2012 apparently has a “gate” of its own now that the scandal is finally making its way to some headlines from coast to coast – and probably even in the “foreign” press as well. Despite reported efforts on the part of the Obama White House to stop the story from spreading, it is now becoming common knowledge that there are improprieties in the massive donations being given to President Barack Obama regarding his reelection efforts in 2012. As Obama and his campaign boast a $181-million month in September 2012 in fundraising, the story has now broken during the first week of this month which says that there is a scandal regarding the Obama campaign’s foreign donor situation. There is a lengthy report which says there is an incredibly huge amount of campaign donations coming from overseas.

Source:
chicago.cbslocal.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

I respectfully disagree...This thread is a legitimate story.
Simply because some take issue with the messenger...doesn't mean that the message isn't valid.

Sorry but Obama.com is NOT owned by Robert Roche, as your post claims. That is a lie. I have shown you that the report doesn't claim that. Breitbart, as always, is lying.

Now, maybe you want to spread that propaganda around, but it's just that, political propaganda.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Even CBS believes this is a story worth discussing:

The election of 2012 apparently has a “gate” of its own now that the scandal is finally making its way to some headlines from coast to coast – and probably even in the “foreign” press as well. Despite reported efforts on the part of the Obama White House to stop the story from spreading, it is now becoming common knowledge that there are improprieties in the massive donations being given to President Barack Obama regarding his reelection efforts in 2012. As Obama and his campaign boast a $181-million month in September 2012 in fundraising, the story has now broken during the first week of this month which says that there is a scandal regarding the Obama campaign’s foreign donor situation. There is a lengthy report which says there is an incredibly huge amount of campaign donations coming from overseas.

Source:
chicago.cbslocal.com...

Now you're lying.

That's not CBS. That's a political blog written by a guy who writes for the Examiner.

It also contains a lie:

There is a lengthy report which says there is an incredibly huge amount of campaign donations coming from overseas.

The report does NOT say that.

In fact it's littered with lies and...

More political propaganda.

So either bring some ACTUAL facts, or stop claiming this is legitimate. in fact, why not post the bits form the report that back up these claims...? Oh right, because their not in the (partisan) report.

HOAX.
edit on 9-10-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

There is no Lie present in the Thread title. Please read it again.
Obama.com was, most definitely, owned by Mr. Roche.

I appreciate your contributions here.

An entire section of the full GAI report is dedicated to unraveling the mystery of this redirection site. “The fact that Obama.com is not owned or managed by the Obama campaign is a mystery,” muses the GAI. “Obama for America owns 392 different domain names bearing either the President’s name or the name of campaign initiatives. It seems logical that Obama.com would be sought after by the campaign.” But instead, it found its way into the hands of Robert Roche, an Illinois native who lives in Shanghai, and has developed strong commercial ties with the Communist Chinese government. He still gets back to the United States often enough to have made nineteen visits to the White House since 2009, including a personal meeting with the President, and several meetings with the White House Chief of Staff. When Chinese president Hu Jintao was honored with a White House dinner, Roche got to sit at the table with Bill and Hillary Clinton, Senator and onetime Democrat presidential candidate John Kerry, and former President Jimmy Carter. The only other business executives sitting at the same table were General Electric CEO Jeff Immelt, and Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent. It’s not clear if Roche still controls Obama.com, since he sold the domain to anonymous buyers in 2010. But there’s no mistaking the web of foreign links leading overseas visitors to Obama.com… and from there to Barack Obama’s unverified campaign contributions page, where donations can be made without the security that the very same web site applies to the purchase of coffee mugs.

Source:
www.humanevents.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

It's fine that you disagree with my thread...but please refrain from personal insults.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It's fine that you disagree with my thread...but please refrain from personal insults.

It's more factual to say that you are a liar than that Robert Roche owns Obama.com.

You have been busted, twice now, knowingly lying. That makes you a liar.

I don't think you're evil or anything, just a political propagandist.

You admit the OP is inaccurate. Breitbart stories are mostly propaganda. Lying about what you posted, to seem more reasonable is, IMO disgusting behaviour. Just own your propaganda. don't pretend to be posting truth, after it's been shown to be a lie.

Have a bit of decency.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I asked you politely to refrain from personal insults. We'll let the moderators handle this.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I asked you politely to refrain from personal insults. We'll let the moderators handle this.

Calling a liar a liar isn't an insult.

If you were honest you'd acknowledge your mistakes and correct them.

It's fairly obvious that you KNOW you're being dishonest. That's what rubs me the wrong way.

Put another way, your OP states, uncatagorically, that Robert Roche owns Obama.com.

Does he?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This story is getting bigger and getting talked about even in liberal media outlets.
Now, The Daily Beast feels it needs to be discussed.

Further complicating the issue are websites like Obama.com—which is owned not by the Obama campaign but by Robert Roche, an American businessman and Obama fundraiser who lives in Shanghai. Roche’s China-based media company, Acorn International, runs infomercials on Chinese state television. Obama.com redirects to a specific donation page on BarackObama.com, the official campaign website. Unlike BarackObama.com, Obama.com’s traffic is 68 percent foreign, according to markosweb.com, a traffic-analysis website. According to France-based web analytics site Mustat.com, Obama.com receives over 2,000 visitors every day. The name Robert W. Roche appears 11 times in the White House visitors log during the Obama administration. Roche also sits on the Obama administration’s Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations, and is a co-chair of Technology for Obama, a fundraising effort. (In an email exchange, Roche declined to discuss his website, or his support for the Obama reelection effort, referring the inquiries to the Obama campaign team. The Obama campaign, in turn, says it has no control over Roche’s website; it also says only 2 percent of the donations associated with Obama.com come from overseas.)

Source:
www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

One of the authors of that amazing and factually inaccurate article is the "reports" author, GAI head Peter Schweizer.

Amazing that he would support his own report, huh?

Why not just TRY and be honest.

Does Roche own Obama.com??

Why do you keep posting links to people who are making basic mistakes with the facts?

Hmmm...?

Schweizer, Peter:

Peter Schweizer (born 1964) is a conservative author and a research fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution.

Schweizer's book Do as I Say (Not as I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy received praise from conservative political pundits including Bill O'Reilly. Schweizer's book Reagan's War was the basis of the documentary film In the Face of Evil. The book recounts Ronald Reagan's multi-decade struggle against Communism and credits him with winning the Cold War.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Please, friend, you're just embarrassing yourself.
Newsweek/The Daily Beast...and apparently even the Obama campaign believes Roche owned (and, contrary to speculation otherwise, still may own) Obama.com (if you had bothered to read my last post, you would've understood this.).

From the Daily Beast yesterday:

(In an email exchange, Roche declined to discuss his website, or his support for the Obama reelection effort, referring the inquiries to the Obama campaign team. The Obama campaign, in turn, says it has no control over Roche’s website; it also says only 2 percent of the donations associated with Obama.com come from overseas.)

Source:
www.thedailybeast.com...

Honestly, you're sounding very much like your candidate, after he lost HIS debate...and had to resort to sad and pathetic ads calling HIS opponent a liar!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Please, friend, you're just embarrassing yourself.
Newsweek/The Daily Beast...and apparently even the Obama campaign believes Roche owned (and, contrary to speculation otherwise, still may own) Obama.com (if you had bothered to read my last post, you would've understood this.).

From the Daily Beast yesterday:

(In an email exchange, Roche declined to discuss his website, or his support for the Obama reelection effort, referring the inquiries to the Obama campaign team. The Obama campaign, in turn, says it has no control over Roche’s website; it also says only 2 percent of the donations associated with Obama.com come from overseas.)

Source:
www.thedailybeast.com...

Honestly, you're sounding very much like your candidate, after he lost HIS debate...and had to resort to sad and pathetic ads calling HIS opponent a liar!

In his report on fraudulent and foreign donations to American politicians, chief among them Barack Obama, Peter Schweizer raises the mysterious case of Robert Roche, an Obama bundler, who, for some time, owned the website Obama.com.

OWNED - past tense:

www.nationalreview.com...

The report focuses on the website Obama.com, which used to be owned by a major Obama donation bundler.

USED TO BE - past tense:

washingtonexaminer.com...

It is unclear whether Roche still controls Obama.com, since he sold the domain to anonymous buyers in 2010.

SOLD - past tense:

www.dailymail.co.uk...
How many more do you want?

Or do you have more blogs written by the reports author as proof that the report is true?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This story is getting bigger and getting talked about even in liberal media outlets.
Now, The Daily Beast feels it needs to be discussed.

I need to say something on this point. The Daily Beast is hardly a liberal media outlet since currently on their site there are just as many pro-Romney articles as there are pro-Obama articles. One is even entitled Why I am Voting for Mitt Romney. In this article it details how a one time Democrat will now be voting Republican.

Also, the co-author of the article from the Daily Beast, Peter J. Boyer, has a history with Peter Schweizer and has many of his Newsweek articles reposted on the Breitbart site as well as many articles posted on Breitbart that he co-authored with Schweizer. Here is a list of them in a search that I did just a few minutes ago: Peter Boyer search on Breitbart

Further, Peter Boyer has in the past been a guest of Schweizer's radio show "Victory Sessions", which is not exactly known for it's liberal lean.
Peter Boyer apperances on Victory Sessions

Given this information I doubt either of these gentlemen would appreciate the association with a left leaning media outlet.

This is not meant to be a slam, far from it. But I get the feeling you appreciate trying to keep it 'real' and above board and I wanted to make this point. I'm hoping that the current 'derailment' will not get this thread closed. Because while, as you well know, I have serious reservations about the sources given in the OP, I am interested in following this to see where it goes.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was listening to the radio this afternoon and Peter Schweizer and Peter Boyer from the GAI were on The Sean Hannity Radio Show about 15 minutes ago.

On that show, they CONTINUE to stand by their facts, INCLUDING the fact that Robert Roche owns Obama.com.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I was listening to the radio this afternoon and Peter Schweizer and Peter Boyer from the GAI were on The Sean Hannity Radio Show about 15 minutes ago.

On that show, they CONTINUE to stand by their facts, INCLUDING the fact that Robert Roche owns Obama.com.

With today's media exposure continuing, The Obama Campaign is going to have to explain this.

The White House has been trying to suppress for a few weeks now I think.

They Must explain.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Here we see Obama himself talking about ...............

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: "With all due deference to separation of powers, last week the Supreme Court reversed a century of law that I believe will open the floodgates for special interests –- including foreign corporations –- to spend without limit in our elections. I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities. They should be decided by the American people. And I’d urge Democrats and Republicans to pass a bill that helps to correct some of these problems."

"Obama 2010 SOTU: "Foreign Entities" Should Not Bankroll American Elections"

They Always seem to say one thing and then do the opposite !

due facce at its' best !!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a breitbart bombshell is becoming as lame as an ATS thread with "absolute proof" in the title

I just don't care about this, I really don't

every politician in washington is on the take, it's what they do

as long as politicians need money to get elected, this will be a problem

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join