It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney: arm the Syrian rebels

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

That's a pundits summation .. but it's not a direct quote from Romney.
The person has interjected what he gets out of the speech.

Originally posted by daaskapital
Now that it came directly from the horses mouth,

It wasn't directly from the horses mouth. There is no direct quote saying Romney intends to arm the rebels. He said he wants to make it easier for them to obtain .. but that's different than having the USA directly arm them.

Romney supporters

I voted Libertarian (absentee ballot) and I don't support Romney or Obama.

ETA .. I can see how someone could get 'I will arm the rebels' out of what he said.
But it isn't a direct quote. It doesn't say that the USA will ship arms .. just make it easier.

For the record .. Romneys luv affair with Israel and his itch to smack Iran make me nervous ...
But I doubt he'll get elected so ...
edit on 10/9/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I think as of lately-the Us has been handing out enough weapons to psychos across our borders and seas.
We even got caught doing it.
We always get caught- its kind of hard to ignore the "Stark Enterprises" logo on the side.

I dont like giving away our toys to crazy people who are still living in the stone age.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Wait.. so you don't believe it because it's from a foreign source even though there is a video of the guy saying it? I would say it's .. you know.. credible.

So do you still support Romney now that he has said he will give weapons to rebels that are made up of al qeada?
Here is a US source for you: Chicago Tribune

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Because it worked out so well in Afghanistan...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
How can so many people be naive enough to trust him or believe a word he says?

Same can be said about any politician out there. How can so many people be naive enough to trust Obama or believe a word HE says? Answer - sometimes people just LUV that (D) or (R) so much that they close their eyes
to the facts that are right in front of them.

Romney .. wants to arm Syrian rebels.
Obama .. bombed Libya when we had no business doing so.
Romney .. flip flopper who made a mess out of Massachussets
Obama .. corrupt and proven liar.
Romney .. big business buddy
Obama .. lobbiest buddy

Come on America .. We have 300 million people in this country.
Can't we do better than these guys?

I say we just drop the whole (D) and (R) thing altogether, this will force Americans to educate themselves on which canidate better conforms to what they feel is right.

If they can pull the earbuds out of their heads and stop tweeting about Beyonce' and the rest of them long enough to pay attention.
Too many brain dead pop culture inspired voters that ignore the issues and vote (or not vote) for somebody because 'he just looks funny' or 'he's cool'.

edit on 9-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Is America already at war with Iran? I suppose so. I'm nostalgic for the days when these sorts of situations were more formal and involved "declarations" and legislative consultation. I guess I'm not "Gen X" enough.

"Entitlement" is the thing nowadays. America is entitled to feel good about itself and to think of itself as the upholder of all that is most precious in the world while raining down depleted uranium on the Middle East, overturning secular Arab governments in favor of Islamists and just being all round "crap disturbers".

Maybe people do hate America's "freedoms".
edit on 9-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This just in:

Mitt Romney To Name Oliver North Secretary of Defense

It's from a foreign source. I would take it with a gram of coke.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

There it is

Then tell me Romney is no warmonger.

I wonder where he is hiding the symbol of skull and bones on his body ?
See, that's the thing with chickenhawks, they don't have to experience any action, and still get desired results. They'll send the poor and downtrodden, but they won't send any rich kids. Then, there's another side to that, rich kids don't have to sign up to go and die to provide a living for their families, get a college education, ''see the world'', or fight for bankers and globalists, under the guise of ''freedom for America''. Most world leaders don't have the stones to fight on a battlefield beside their men. In 300, (I know, it was a dramatization of the Spartans), Leonidas was on the frontlines with his men. That's the characteristic of a true leader, a true warrior. I'm no fan of Putin or his regime, but, if it came to a pay-per-view world leader brawl, he'd kick the sh!+ out of all these chickenhawk, panstywaist a$$ed ''leaders'', Obama and Romney included. To me, it takes a coward of a man to send another man to his death, and not die for his own beliefs and convictions. Just as Leonidas, King of the Spartans, was killed in battle, Sparta continued. Let the cowardly chickenhawks marinate on THAT.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
That moron doesn't know the rebels in Syria are Al Qaeda!?!?!?!?

Is Willard Mittens just speaking out of his ass again to pander to stupid people!?!?!?

I can't believe some people on ATS are actually behind this guy

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Mitt is tougher on foriegn policy than Obama is and would ever be.But I don't think we should arm these rebel people anymore.Some of them are al-qeada and some of them where in Libya as well.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
How can you arm rebels that you have suspicians that their numbers contain foreign fighters and also possibly elements of the elusive group called Al quaeda ? also what is the end to that strategy, especially if our proxy war brings in other enemy proxy nations ?

Again I propose for all big talkers who have never served, including this idiot Mitt Romney, tell your sons to honor their committment to the United States, march down to the recruiting office and sign up to help us when this escalates and calls for ground troops, now I did serve with someone of a certain religious faith back in the eighties (1984) but he carried a rubber M16 in basic training instead of a real weapon like everyone else also we never carried rubber ducks beyond a couple of days then got real weapons he kept his though , me and my fellow recruits were all wondering what that was all about because I knew nothing about any religions that are against war or weapons that would be joining the Army to begin with, we found that out because the drill SGT made a joke and big deal about it until the guy explained that his faith said he could not kill.

If your religious doctrine says you really are not supposed to be involved with war, violence, killing or politics really, how can you expect to be a commander in chief of the worlds greatest military and be able to make decisions that actually make any sense, and how much would your religious belief interfere with sound decision making, to me this is a real issue.

Since people will get all bent out of shape if you bring religious doctrine into the picture, the press has pretty much not made an issue or even talked about it , but they did not hold back when questioning the president when he was a candidate and they pulled out everything they could to make religion a big deal then, what's the difference now ? Arming any rebels has usually backfired on us, has he not learned from history that these sort of actions contribute to wider escalation and involvement of our country and thus committment from Americans to this effort?
edit on 10-10-2012 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join