It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney: arm the Syrian rebels

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Mitt Romney: arm the Syrian rebels

www.guardian.co.uk

Mitt Romney will call for an escalation of the conflict in Syria by arming rebels with the heavy weapons needed to confront president Bashar al-Assad's tanks, helicopters and fighter jets.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

In extracts published in advance, he opened up the prospect, if he becomes president, of a US-Iranian proxy war being fought in Syria.

"Iran is sending arms to Assad because they know his downfall would be a strategic defeat for them. We should be working no less vigorously with our international partners to support the many Syrians who would deliver that defeat to Iran – rather than sitting on the sidelines," he said.

This guy is nuts!

He is expected to make comments on Monday regarding Syria and it;s current situation. Romney wants to arm the rebels. He has effectively called for a proxy war, through arming the rebels in hopes of defeating not only Syria, but Iran as well.

Romney is stuck in a Cold War mentality. If he is elected, it will be the end for not only the US, but the world.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

There it is

Then tell me Romney is no warmonger.

I wonder where he is hiding the symbol of skull and bones on his body ?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yeah.. he's a loony. Hasn't anyone told him that the "rebels" in Syria are al queada?
I highly doubt this guy will ever be president, but if he does become him we are going to have to ramp up anti war protests because he is going to be rolling soldiers into different countries like he's playing a game of skee ball.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Hes hiding them in his magic underwear. So hes for arming the terrorists in Syria, alciada included? War on terror? I think the world should have a war on countrys, that arm terrorists.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Playing Devil's Advocate for a moment....

1) DO we know this was really published by Romney himself , much less written by him, where's the independent confirmation..

2) Funny that this comes out on the eve of the Rasmussen Poll that shows Romney with the first lead he's had in this election.

Just think about that for a moment, now I don't like Romney, I don't like Obama, but I've been calling throughout this for a bit of truth in advertising, we need some confirmation before i'll jump on the Mitt's a warmonger wagon...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

But.. but.. we already knew he was a warmonger this is just another file in his warmonger cabinet.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I n Foreign Policy Speech, Romney will Encourage Military Spending, Syria Intervention

Updated at 8:40a.m.ET: PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. – In a major foreign policy speech Monday Mitt Romney will attempt to stake out a more activist public position than President Barack Obama on supporting the rebels in Syria's civil war. Romney plans to say that he believes in working with partner nations to arm rebels fighting the government of Syrian President Bashir al-Assad.

Mitt Romney is scaring the bejesus out of me. MY medicare will be ruined, not to mention I will pay more taxes so he can buy another yacht. And our country's military will be increased and we'll go to new wars. I don't understand how people can believe him, when, in his short campaign, he has supported almost every possible position, depending on the day. If his plans in Syria are not popular, he will change his tune the next day. How can so many people be naive enough to trust him or believe a word he says?

Oh, right. Barack Hussein Obama.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
He has effectively called for a proxy war, through arming the rebels in hopes of defeating not only Syria, but Iran as well.

There is already a proxy war going on in Syria and the rebels are already armed. It's the civilians who are not armed and who are stuck in the crossfire and who are being slaughtered. Proxy war players in Syria ... Syria, Hezbollah, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Russia and almost definately the USA (through covert means). Romney probably hasn't gotten his security briefing about the situation yet. Either that or he's just blabbing .... that's what politicians do this time of year.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I will note the irony of supporting Obama actively and calling Romney supporters naive, but I do agree that Romney is dangerous and we need to stay out of Syria. Romney doesn't have a chance though plus I don't think the regular people will support intervening in Iran.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah.. but if we came out and made it official they could waste sooo much more money on it and ramp up the efforts.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
How can so many people be naive enough to trust him or believe a word he says?

Same can be said about any politician out there. How can so many people be naive enough to trust Obama or believe a word HE says? Answer - sometimes people just LUV that (D) or (R) so much that they close their eyes
to the facts that are right in front of them.

Romney .. wants to arm Syrian rebels.
Obama .. bombed Libya when we had no business doing so.
Romney .. flip flopper who made a mess out of Massachussets
Obama .. corrupt and proven liar.
Romney .. big business buddy
Obama .. lobbiest buddy

Come on America .. We have 300 million people in this country.
Can't we do better than these guys?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What the h e double hockey stick is wrong with these people? Can't they go a day without arming some type of rebels? This should be treason, without question. These rebels always turn on America, so this is nothing but arming terrorists who if not now, will eventually wage war against america.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

We can't come out officially. If Romney can't see that then he either hasn't got his security briefing yet or he doesn't understand the situation there. Syria is Russians cash cow. The Syrian gov't buys their weapons from Russia. Russia LUVs Syria. If the USA were to publically go in to help those against the Syrian gov't to help them overthrow it, Russia wouldn't allow it.

Then again .. maybe Russia would love it because it would be an escalation and the Syrian government would need to buy more weapons from Russia. So maybe there is some kind of Russia/USA thing going on behind the scenes. Russia gave a wink to the USA to help the Syrian rebels as long as we promised not to stay in Syria or to have boots on the ground there. This would increase arms sales by Russia to Syria.

Hmmm ..... now THAT is a good conspiracy. And considering the players (Romney .. Russia ... Syria ... and lots of MONEY) ... it actually could be something that could happen. It would require Bildeberg support (not far fetched).

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

For real.. we should do better and I think the candidates that informed people are supporting are better, It's just.. Americans put their money and support into the mediocre choice. I mean look at t.v. and you have your answer. Great shows get cancelled while shows about white trash repo men/pawn shops get spin off after spin off.

We need a campaign where we tell people to just not care who wins (they don't want their guy to win they want the other to lose) between the big candidates and support a third party. Tell them, I know your worried that Obamney might win, but just don't and vote for someone good.

Wouldn't it be great if the ballot didn't have names but you voted for a list of platforms? I don't see why we don't do that.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I remember Obama whispering something to the former Russian President...

Something like I'll see what I can do *butt pat*

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Imagine if the government gave every American these arms in case they needed to rebel haha. I mean we pay for all those weapons.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by filosophia

Imagine if the government gave every American these arms in case they needed to rebel haha. I mean we pay for all those weapons.

I'm sure they would say something along the lines of "syria is a third world dictatorship so their people have the right to rebel." But in America, we have a first world dictatorship where the public obviously doesn't get that right.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
LMAO, Yeah Ok, let's give some more radical muslims, more heavy weapons and training, so as soon as they are done destabilizing their country, they can turn them on the US and it's allies.

Is this Mitt's plan for the moment? What will his plan for the moment be tomorrow?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jacknast76

If it happens 5 more times we will consider stopping. Iran (70's), Afghanistan (80's), Pakistan (taliban 00's), Libya ('12), those were flukes.. this time it will be different.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join