It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars: One Way Ticket for Sale?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
use the search engine.. Mars trip, my thread from months ago..

old news by now guy, but it doesnt hurt to search ats before you make a simular thread.

~ Love is an art

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Reminds me of Columbus when he went to America.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

The company intends to create a ”habitable settlement” that will support settlers while they live and work on Mars.

Work? Which means the Federal Reserve will sink it's teeth on another planet. Great.
I'm going back to Scumdogia in Synthowomb 5

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I would have a sensory overload thinking i'm in Star Wars headed for Tatooine or something.

How is it suicide though when it's no different from living out your life on this planet?
What's the difference truly?

Well, at least on Earth you have the ability to change your path in life. You have the tools with which to change.

If you were to leave earth, you are pretty much confined to what you go with...meaning, your entire environment provides you with what you need to survive. So if you have limited resources, you have limited chances of surviving.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Why Mars first and not start on the Moon? Makes you wonder why they would choose the hard road first rather than colonize the moon and learn from it so you can then go to Mars.

I can see where Atmosphere may have a play in it. Mars has somewhat of an atmosphere, albiet poisonous to Humans, but the moon has none.

In addition, I would say that Gravity has something to do with it as well. Moon is 1/13th. Mars is slightly less than that of earth.

Of the two, I would say mars is more hospitable. Whereas, the Moon is pretty much dead, though closer.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
This is a bit pedantic, but I'm glad I could give you some inspiration to start this thread!

edit on 10/6/2012 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing typo.

You did, cmdrkeenkid. In fact, I should have gave you tribute.

So thanks!@

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

Originally posted by leanneasaur

That doesn't even... Why would they repeatedly send people out there? It wouldn't become a community, it would become a prison... That is horrible...

Why have ppl pay when you can simply ask?

Heres the deal:
80years without perole(spelling?) OR
one way to mars.
If they chose Mars, some study is to be taken.
(EXO)Biology, Chemestry, physics, Geology.
Most of them are fit enough when the question
is asked so, no need there...

If i were asked that, in THAT situation...I´d chose
Mars.

LOL

Ahh what Happens .......

A situation Like ...

Escape from NY
Escape from L.A.

Now...

Escape from Mars ..

Snake Plisikin Escaped from Mars !!

It would Make a Great Movie ...

wait ... Uhhh

isnt there

Total Recall
Star Track VI kilingon Penal Prison
Alien 3 Planet/Moon Prison

Great Idea having Death Row inmates do the Work

How About Undesireables to the Work Too..

ohhh Wait Europe Has Done That Especaily Britain !

Dont forget Austraila as it Was ...!! a Penal Prison of the unwanted ... Originaly

First Australian penal colony established
www.history.com...

just as America was in the 1500s

Or we just can get a Bunch of High Advanced Asimo Robot to the work .. as it was talked about ...

ASIMO
en.wikipedia.org...

A True Off World !!!!

edit on 8-10-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

We all die, its often the question when and how...and how will you be remembered.

If my life had no real purpose, goal or responsibillities here on earth I would seriously think this option over. My goal will become to survive and help to pave the way for others. That's a good motivation and will give my life some serious concerning content.

It would become very tempting to go if I could be one of the first 4 settlers in human history.

Not that I get all excited with the thought to be famous but it would be nice if my name would be mentioned in certain schoolclasses until the end of humanity.
edit on 8/10/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
so long as i get n assigned female mate, sure id love to, im pretty sure they would send man man, fem fem, for first time incase they cancelled after you got there, would have a chance to make new civ,,, where do i sign up. if im stuck there rest of life with no female, bleh no better than living here.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I am in! Seriously.
I would die so happy knowing I am furthering humanity in the next frontier.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

What people are not being told is that there is a civilization now living under the surface of mars.

We go there, and from what I hear they are fragile because they had to go underground so long ago because of a solar flare. Our bacteria could cause them to panic and possibly kill them because we would contaminate them. That might be one reason Malin (msss.ocm) leaks the photos ever so slowly. I think they know what's up. Pardon the pun

Here is a leaked photo of an actual biological sprayer, spraying the side of a crater, possible plants of some sort.
www.msss.com...

Photo is from an approved Nasa agency.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler

What people are not being told is that there is a civilization now living under the surface of mars.

We go there, and from what I hear they are fragile because they had to go underground so long ago because of a solar flare. Our bacteria could cause them to panic and possibly kill them because we would contaminate them. That might be one reason Malin (msss.ocm) leaks the photos ever so slowly. I think they know what's up. Pardon the pun

Here is a leaked photo of an actual biological sprayer, spraying the side of a crater, possible plants of some sort.
www.msss.com...

Photo is from an approved Nasa agency.

Can you elaborate on this a little further please?

And I wouldn't go to Mars. Imagine the head games and problems that could occur being stuck with just a few other people; unless of course they were all really easy to get along with.....and pretty.

I would miss trees and grass and water. No more putting your feet in the sand o rwalking on grass or swimming, or jumping into water pools off of rocks after a long hot hike. No more fries. No more pizza. No more beautiful sunsets. No more birds chirping in the morning hours. No more Owls hooting. No more hot wings. No more hooters. No more trying on a nice pair of new shoes. No more medical advancements. No more Internet. No more youtube. No more Basketball. No more new books to read. No more 'breaking news' around the world. No more ATS. No more dogs. No more cars. No more animals funniest home videos. No more nothing man!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by taws6

I don't see how living on Mars would be possible.

In order to survive people need food, water, oxygen and shelter of which none of this exists on Mars. It's atmosphere is 95.32% carbon dioxide, 0.13% oxygen and other things. Average temperature is about -67 F, but can get as low as -225 F or as high as 81 F, but without an atmosphere, the temperature changes a lot between day and night and seasons.

There is a reason why there is nothing living on Mars.

No such thing as bad weather... only bad clothing

The idea is daunting :S It would become a hell like mining community whose only purpose would be to mine raw minerals to be blasted back to Earth or something like that. It takes a special kind of man or woman to endure a life like that... and I would miss forests A LOT!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'd agree to go probably sometime after the age of 70. Or whenever I start slowing down to the point where I just don't give a # if things don't go as planned

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
They should also include any death row inmates that want to go, any prisoner really. Give them their freedom and let them go to Mars.
Here's why.

[...]

Everything that's built, they're going to have to build themselves, there are no construction companies up there. The colonists will be responsible for building everything that exists and doing all of the work that needs to be done. Let them do it.

[...]

That way we can't have the issues that have come up here on earth with colonies of convicts creating settlements and their offspring being the people who end up being the residents [...] After enough time has gone by that they've all died off, then choose the people who will actually form the "society" of Mars. That way, everything's been built and they can have a good start. Send more materials, let them update structures and form an actual society, reproduce and fill the ... Mars.

[...]

ETA: have drank a little and can be a MAJOR A-hole when I do that

edit on 6-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

This is some major nazi thinking.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

My sons are interested and joined forces already, well started the application process anyway. They will not begin the application process until mid 2013, but will keep interested individuals informed of the progress and send applications sometime this year.

Although I would be terribly sad to see them go, it would be an opportunity of a lifetime.

I would hope that in doing so, they would be establishing a new colony of advanced humans bonding in ways no person on earth can imagine.

A new society, a new hope for humanity just in case we destroy our planet.

I believe it is time to start spanning out in our neighboring planets for a back up plan.

Every thing they do from the beginning will be watched by the entire world, and my greatest hope would be that they help all Nations understand our shared existence and open the door for a new way of thinking and behaving towards one another.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join