It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
WOW! The pressure underneath this cavern is tremendous. Also, Louisiana Department of Natural Resources will have fault in this as well. They performed MIT pressure test on the cavern and noticed the failure but never followed up on this. They are starting to believe that the pressure test among other things are the cause for the failure in the cavern wall because they blew it out. At the same time Texas Brine drilled the cavern out to close to the edge of the dome.
edit on 10-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Inde97

www.youtube.com...
This is very interesting and I'm wondering if it could really happen. We can only hope that it never will
happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

While your video is somewhat interesting, but annoyingly narrated, I fail to see what the California earthquake prediction has to do with the Louisiana sink hole. Besides, there is really nothing new in it about California and the San Andreas fault.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I have to agree with happykat on this one, I really could not get through 10 minutes of the video. If there was a readable transcript of the video, I will sit down and read the whole thing.

Back to what I was saying about Texas Brine and the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources it comes down to the "Chicken and the Egg" argument.

Was it poor drilling practices by Texas Brine and DNR pressure test detected it or was it the MIT pressure test that blew the wall out of the poorly drilled cavern.

That is the argument now we face, but at the end of the day it is a civil issue more than a private company issue. This is a clusterf*** of a mess....

ALSO Bayou Corne residents invited Rep. Joe Harrison to an informal meeting. It is over an hour long but here ya go. The lady in the video is Karen St Germain.

Viewer discretion is advised. Pissed off Cajuns letting there language fly.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Another cool video is a oil skimmer they been trying out in the sinkhole to get the oil and debris out. Sad thing about this video you can actually see the oil in the sinkhole.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
In the video they are talking about tremors and quakes now being felt as far as the Bruley well..... It seems it is starting to creep towards me and towards the Chacahoula salt dome.... The highlighted red area is the Bruley Swamp and the Chacahoula Salt Dome is located 1 mile north of Donner, Louisiana at the bottom of this picture.

Like I stated before, I live in Thibodaux and you can now see the location of Thibodaux relative from the sinkhole.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Viewer discretion is advised. Pissed off Cajuns letting there language fly.
Sorry, but it is about darn time people start getting heated up and letting their real emotions show. Polite, respectful and obedient only gets you so far. I have read Cajunboys theory on what he assumes the outcome will be i.e. a fisherman's paradise. That would be nice but to reach that paradise it will take some time, actually lots of time. In the meantime, the unknown is happening and it is affecting a large area.

Watching the informal video. Eight minutes in and they admit that Gov. Jindal hasn't spoke to either of these Representatives. That basically says it all to me.
edit on 11-11-2012 by AuntB because: more to say.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I love Lousianna accents
with that said that was a very long video and shows everyone's growing impatience..they want answers, they want a solution. As far as the California Earthquake film I get your point and its one that has been made a few times about the predicted future earth changes and the sinkhole being a part of those changes/ a sign of the coming change. That video was also long and annoyingly narrated but, it was interesting that this boy seems to have had the same visions as the sleeping profit Edgar Cayce. I have also been watching the current events that have been taking place geologically and wonder if they are linked. The sinkhole, the rather large earthquake in eastern Kentucky yesterday, fires in Louisianna, tremors throughout the sinkhole region, hurricaqn sandy, winter storm athena, winter storm brutus as well as the loud booms, sky noises ect ect and of course lets not forget to include last nights explosion in Indianapolis. Perhaps they are not related but, maybe they are. With all that said either the sinkhole is going to level out and become a new lake (one in which I wouldn't want to find recreation in), expand even further, collapse and lead to a chain reaction of events or as some other theorist think perhaps explode. Need to keep our eyes on this and hopefully these Cajuns don't decide to throw a bomb in this sinkhole in an effort to burn off the gas/oil in a desperate effort to rid themselves of this thing, which is not a good idea in my opinion. Thats my thoughts for the day.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Like Brie has been saying about all the earthquakes, there was one off the coast of Coasta Rica this week as well I believe was a 7.4 or such. Is it now that we are now interconnected by the internet that we can hear about every earthquake everyday or is it that we are starting to see more and more activity.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

I have heard people say that its because of our interconnectedness through the internet that these events seem to be taking place so much more frequently but, I say its that people through internet access have now become aware of just how unusual these current events are. Access to the info has changed yes but the increase in geological events has also increased. Fear that the Indo-Australian Plate is separating has been talked about for years and just this morning another big earthquake hit in Myanmar. When I originally started this thread my first inclination was that the sink hole was a sign of these earth changes both science, seers, theologians, myths, legends and biblical accounts have so repeatedly spoke of. When I heard of the explosion this morning I immidiatly thought of the sinkhole in relation to indianapolis and how the methane deposits run underground and thought this could be related as some kind of large natural methane release. And if it is natural then Texas Brine is not to blame. Again this is all speculation of course but the more I think about it the more it seems to be all related.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I have been monitoring the USGS earthquake sites for over four years now and I have to say that we are actually in a lull period. A couple of years ago it was not uncommon fir there to be from one to two 6.0 mag quakes every day for a week or two at a time. This fluctuation is normal but it is also like birth pains in that most every lull is followed by a period of higher activity than the previous one. Just picture the earthquake activity as being represented by a line graph with the horizontal axis representing time and the vertical axis representing activity. What you would see over the past century or more is a zigzag line that has some deep lows but almost every high is hifger than the last high for a general upward trend.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Remember the drilling rig I told y'all about last week, here is a new news article on it! But don't be fooled by the title, it is somewhat wrong. Caverns do not produce oil it produces brine, and this rig is going for oil. So the title is somewhat misleading.

theadvocate.com...

It also seems as Deborah Dupre is starting to run out of things to write about this sinkhole lol
edit on
edit on 12-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Concerning the cavern floor rising, I do not believe Texas Brine is taking into account the amount of debris (trees and soil) now being deposited into the cavern. On testing it looks as if the floor is rising but it is the dirt now filling in the cavern.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

That would be alot of debris indeed and I am sure they have taken that into account. What is there official statement on that? Why have they stated the floor is rising or haven't they. Could it be a methane bubble is raising the floor?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

They stated this in the last meeting about the floor rising. Problem is no one can figure out why. Is it technical issue, debris issue, or the salt dome rising (which I highly doubt). I am also hearing that the fracture may be higher in the cavern than previously thought and the new cavern floor is just the debris.
edit on 12-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It still looks like this slow speed train wreck is the equivalent of trying to unscrew the inscrutable. This thing is far from played out and nobody seems to have any answers that are worth the breath to say them. In fact, every time I read something here it seems that there is some new problem nobody understands.

Like I said in an earlier post CajunBoy, I certainly hope we aren't the only two praying for this to end on a good note because the people of Bayou Corne are definitely going to need all the prayer they can get.
edit on 12-11-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hopefully they can answer some of the questions tonight at the meeting.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
Hopefully they can answer some of the questions tonight at the meeting.

I am looking forward to your after the meeting update.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
well there really flaring that gas now.

3. Natural gas venting from the shallow aquifer relief well was resumed after removing more water from the well casing yesterday. The flaring rate more than doubled to approximately 66,000 cubic feet per day. The vented natural gas is being safely flared at the surface.

Source

• Texas Brine conducted the following operations on their investigatory well: • Collected a total of 4467 bbls(cumulative total as of 12 November 2012) of hydrocarbons from the Oxy 3A Cavern. • Flared a total of 581 mcf of metered gas(cumulative total as of 12 November 2012) • Flared a total of 267 mcf of metered gas from Texas Brine’s vent well as of 13 November

• Flared a total of 34 mcf of metered gas from the ORW-4 vent well as of 13 November

• Air Monitoring Sample Data
– SEET has received and is analyzing community ambient air sampled 10/15/2012-11/8/2012 (MultiRAE). SEET will issue a letter to the parish in reference to these findings once the review of the data has been completed.
– SEET has received and is analyzing sample results for air at bubble sites collected 10/15/2012/2012-11/8/2012 (MultiRAE). SEET will issue a letter to the parish in reference to these findings once the review of the data has been completed.
– SEET has received and is analyzing sample results for air collected on 11/8/2012 (MultiRAE) from a Bayou Corne residence. SEET will issue a letter to the parish in reference to these findings once the review of the data has been completed.

– To date outdoor air monitoring has been conducted in response to the receipt of 97 rite of passages.
– Indoor air monitoring has been conducted in response to the receipt of 23 rite of passages. Private residence air monitoring is available for scheduling upon citizen completion of the Right of Entry form. Please call (225) 219-3015 to notify DEQ if you desire monitoring.

– As of 12 November, Texas Brine has removed 123 roll off boxes hydrocarbon contaminated debris.
– As of 12 November, Texas Brine has removed approximately 1900 Barrels of hydrocarbons from the surface of the sinkhole.

Next Operational Period (13-16 Nov 2012) Incident Action Plan

– Continue to flare the ORW-4 on the south side of Hwy 70.
– Shaw E&I contractor will be installing a separator and flare on ORW-2
– Shaw E&I contractor will be reworking ORW-1 with the possibility of additional perforations

not sure if this video has been presented rather long

For Immediate Release Monday, Nov. 12, 2012 Contact: Phyllis Darensbourg, 225.342.0058

Office of Conservation Orders Texas Brine to Take Further Steps to Protect Public Safety Directive specifies network of observation/vent wells, monitoring wells, subsidence benchmarks and home monitoring BATON ROUGE

– Louisiana Commissioner of Conservation James Welsh today ordered Texas Brine LLC to install a network of observation/vent wells, pressure monitoring wells and elevation benchmarks for subsidence monitoring in the Bayou Corne area to ensure the public’s safety. The commissioner also ordered the company to assume responsibility for operating the observation/vent wells already installed by the Office of Conservation’s contracted agent, Shaw Environmental and Infrastructure, and to provide containment around the sinkhole area to prevent any release of oil into nearby waterways. The new orders under the existing Declaration of Emergency and Directive also specifically require Texas Brine to install in-home monitors to detect possible natural gas accumulations and to upgrade home ventilation for all slab-foundation buildings within the Bayou Corne evacuation area established by Assumption Parish. These additional orders are needed because of the potential for methane accumulation connected to the failure of Texas Brine’s nearby brine mining cavern.

So urce
edit on 14-11-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

Yes, I posted that meeting as soon as it was up, I'm just imbedding them wrong to the website and have to click the link. lol That house meeting was amusing to sit through. As for the meeting last night, as soon as it is up on the tube I will get it up.

A little heads up about that meeting. They came out and said it is now a major health issue now.
edit on 14-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join