It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaking, Rattling and Rolling on the W. Coast...EQ Style.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Looks like things are shaking, rattling and rolling just a little more than usual on the Coast yesterday and today.

And no, not posting as a doom and gloom, end of the World thread. Too bad we have to clarify that now.

Just noticing an increase in magnitude and over a larger area as well. Been watching EQ activity for only a year but this is something I'd bring up as interesting.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Anyone noticing the same?

Peace

edit on 5-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Love the title

I live in the central valley and I don't feel a thing. I am waiting on one to hit this area and nada!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

well i will agree that there has been a good amount of eq lately just not sure if its above normal. Was interesting to watch the swarm the was located in south cali awhile back and also to note about the virgin islands swarm that is still going on fro quite awhile even though not as many eq as when it first started.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

I said I was just kidding.

I hope all of the residents of California are safe and warm and the sandman brings them sweet dreams. (jeesh)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Are those recent if they are I wonder if they could be related to this article from October 4

The highest subsidence rates are measured at the Geysers Geothermal Field within the Clear Lake Volcanic Field in northern California. The 78 square kilometer (30 sq mi) developed area produces 1,500 megawatts (MW) of electricity from a vapor-dominated reservoir within fractured sandstone that is capped by a zone of rock filled with geothermal minerals at the top and heated by magma below. The Clear Lake volcanic field is one of several in California and Nevada that are monitored by HVO's sister California Volcano Observatory (CalVO; volcanoes.usgs.gov...). CalVO also monitors the Long Valley caldera, in which the Casa Diablo geothermal development (40 MW) is located; the Salton Buttes volcano, which includes the Imperial Valley geothermal field (>300 MW); and the Coso Volcanic Field, where a 270 MW geothermal development is located. As volcanic activity waxes and wanes, each of these areas exhibits its own deformation and seismicity. For example, the Long Valley caldera has experienced several episodes of heightened unrest, including earthquake swarms, ground uplift, and volcanic gas emissions during the past several decades. Thus, CalVO watches this area closely. The subsidence related to geothermal development must be documented carefully to separate the effects of volcanic activity from those due to drilling and energy production.

HVO volcano watch

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by sylent6

I said I was just kidding.

I hope all of the residents of California are safe and warm and the sandman brings them sweet dreams. (jeesh)

That's better.

Now play nice...

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Are those recent if they are I wonder if they could be related to this article from October 4

The highest subsidence rates are measured at the Geysers Geothermal Field within the Clear Lake Volcanic Field in northern California. The 78 square kilometer (30 sq mi) developed area produces 1,500 megawatts (MW) of electricity from a vapor-dominated reservoir within fractured sandstone that is capped by a zone of rock filled with geothermal minerals at the top and heated by magma below. The Clear Lake volcanic field is one of several in California and Nevada that are monitored by HVO's sister California Volcano Observatory (CalVO; volcanoes.usgs.gov...). CalVO also monitors the Long Valley caldera, in which the Casa Diablo geothermal development (40 MW) is located; the Salton Buttes volcano, which includes the Imperial Valley geothermal field (>300 MW); and the Coso Volcanic Field, where a 270 MW geothermal development is located. As volcanic activity waxes and wanes, each of these areas exhibits its own deformation and seismicity. For example, the Long Valley caldera has experienced several episodes of heightened unrest, including earthquake swarms, ground uplift, and volcanic gas emissions during the past several decades. Thus, CalVO watches this area closely. The subsidence related to geothermal development must be documented carefully to separate the effects of volcanic activity from those due to drilling and energy production.

HVO volcano watch

Yup, all within the last 17 hours.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Peace

edit on 5-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have been keeping tabs on Global earthquakes since 2006. And have noticed a sharp increase in frequency and intensity. Something is going on. There are daily swarms near the Virgin islands. We just have to keep watching and analyzing..we shall see what happens.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well that's it then ! We're freak'in done. It's over. Turn out the lights ! We are doomed !

I think it is significant that you had to clarify that, but considering what year it is ? Not to hard to understand. But I think the EQs will increase in magnitude over some time.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Quake'in WestCoast style

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Damn.. Straight out of the 70's Takes me back

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Yeah, that just made my day.

I know what I'll be listening to on the west coast when we turn into an island.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I hope your neighborhood is spared any kind of inundation and the quake damage isn't that bad. I live in Michigan and do not have to worry about Earthquakes,Volcanism,Tsunamis,Etc.. Seems to be the best place to live if anything bad happens.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Youareallschizophrenic

Thanks, me too! I am bound to this coast though, I must have had flippers in my past life. I don't think I could ever live any where else, despite the lingering dangers of a cataclysmic earthquake.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join