It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaking, Rattling and Rolling on the W. Coast...EQ Style.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
(Ahem) Attention, please...
The topic of this thread is earthquakes -- specifically, a discussion of the quake trends in the US West Coast region.

It is not a thread about illegals, Indians, or whoever else lives there, lived there in the past, or was supposed to have been there first.

The OP has provided the basis for discussion about a potentially serious matter. If you wish to chat about off-topic matters there are forums for it, or the private message system. But within this thread, please stay ON TOPIC.

Thank you.

~Mike

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I'm sorry my brothers and sisters. The absence of a thing does not negate the things existence. I have been watching earth quake data in real time for the last few years. Got to love smart phones. This is stepped up and it is gradually increasing in frequency and magnatude. Me and my dad keep an eye on the faltlines because we have friends and family everywhere. He and I have been really worried for some time as it truly looks as if something big is about to happen. I also believe the oil slick showing up in the gulf again is tied to this as well. I know a guy who works for fema here in Florida and he says they are prepairing for something but he can't say what, but he could say that it is nature related. I made an off coment about the earthquake activity after he said this and he seemed shocked that I had said it and didn't say anything else.
So if my instinct is correct about his reaction to my statement this means that Fema is prepairing for a possible major tectonic shift. He only said this. We don't exactly know when. We can't predict mother nature that well just yet. So they know it is coming, they just don't know when. From the activity that has been going on all over the world and volcanic activity seems to be picking up a little as well. It may not be very long at all. All I can say is I hope and pray every day that Im wrong but the more that occurs the less hope I have in that being the case. I am trying to find a way for me and my family to get out of dodge now cause lets face it florida is not going to be the safest place to be. Im telling all I can to be ready to move fast if you are not in a safe zone. Some say Im crazy. Others say they expect it as well. I hope I am crazy. I hope Im wrong. But I don't know what else to say. May God have mercy on us all.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Interesting.
A few weeks ago, I was talking to a friend of mine in California, and I expressed my concern for that area, and was told by my friend that she were more concerned with the people down in Mexico.

That entire area is sooooooooo ready for a big one.
Every time I see these upswings in EQ's there
I worry about my friends.

Lets hope it's just a minor upswing that quiets down.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptNemo2012

i am just asking anything besides yours instinct that relates the louisiana's mess with the eq activity off California or more specific the swarm that happened in southern cali or the smell that alot of people smelt in northern cali awhile back. Also does your instinct tell ya anything about the current swarms that have been going on in virgin islands as i am just curious ty

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Earthquakes are fascinating and I've experienced a few small rattler's myself and I always seem shocked at how instantly small I feel at the moment.
Anyways interesting thread, but I don't think California is going to get the next big monster we are all waiting for on the west coast. What interests me and seems kinda spooky is if you look at this map from today, USGS website, the coast of British Columbia always seems to be eerily silent while all around it from Alaska, to California, down to Mexico and South America, earthquakes are happening on an hourly basis.
This is what scares me and this is where I think the next big monster will occur. Somewhere off the coast, or on Vancouver Island, or possibly right in the heart of Vancouver itself. I think the pressure has been building in this region for a long time and its only a matter of time before something happens.
The whole Pacific plate from Japan to California is in constant movement , sliding under the North American plate, yet British Columbia hasn't had a significant earthquake in , how long? Several hundred years? While all around it earthquakes happen so much we barely notice. This area has three plates all moving towards each other and so far nothing. But I have the feeling that is going to change very soon.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

The New Madrid fault line is the worst one and yes my attention was grabbed by that story as well. The last time the New Madrid went the Mississippi river widened and changed direction. I have been worried about it ever since the BP situation. That oil field the hit goes all the way up under Louisiana and the New Madrid. You let pressure out of a pressurized environment it creates a negative pressure. Now we have sink holes and earthquakes in that very area. Only makes since. Something has to give. And remember the situation that has people talking is that every time there is a truly major quake the pole moves. I don't know for sure and I'm far from a professional but a major event could in theory cause the very polar change everyone is worried about. Islands wouldn't be good places to be sadly.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
A little music to help the ambiance of the thread...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Looks like things are shaking, rattling and rolling just a little more than usual on the Coast yesterday and today.

And no, not posting as a doom and gloom, end of the World thread. Too bad we have to clarify that now.

Just noticing an increase in magnitude and over a larger area as well. Been watching EQ activity for only a year but this is something I'd bring up as interesting.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Anyone noticing the same?

Peace

edit on 5-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Its not a DOOM & GLOOM posting, its LIFE and its REAL.
People on the West Coast need to prepare for a huge chunk of land sliding off into the Pacific.
That is going to be a reality soon. The East Coast and Mid West will also see some troubles.
Sorry if you don't believe. I feel for you if you don't. Ignorance is NOT bliss on this matter.
It will mean YOUR LIFE!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
just the "them" making more underground bases so they can run and hide this winter when they try to gas us all.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

Originally posted by jude11
Looks like things are shaking, rattling and rolling just a little more than usual on the Coast yesterday and today.

And no, not posting as a doom and gloom, end of the World thread. Too bad we have to clarify that now.

Just noticing an increase in magnitude and over a larger area as well. Been watching EQ activity for only a year but this is something I'd bring up as interesting.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Anyone noticing the same?

Peace

edit on 5-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Its not a DOOM & GLOOM posting, its LIFE and its REAL.
People on the West Coast need to prepare for a huge chunk of land sliding off into the Pacific.
That is going to be a reality soon. The East Coast and Mid West will also see some troubles.
Sorry if you don't believe. I feel for you if you don't. Ignorance is NOT bliss on this matter.
It will mean YOUR LIFE!

I agree w/ you....hopefully the ego- tripping, knowITalls will go down w/ the ship. We don't need selfish people dominating our system of things anymore. Look where it's gotten us!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
Earthquakes are fascinating and I've experienced a few small rattler's myself and I always seem shocked at how instantly small I feel at the moment.
Anyways interesting thread, but I don't think California is going to get the next big monster we are all waiting for on the west coast. What interests me and seems kinda spooky is if you look at this map from today, USGS website, the coast of British Columbia always seems to be eerily silent while all around it from Alaska, to California, down to Mexico and South America, earthquakes are happening on an hourly basis.
This is what scares me and this is where I think the next big monster will occur. Somewhere off the coast, or on Vancouver Island, or possibly right in the heart of Vancouver itself. I think the pressure has been building in this region for a long time and its only a matter of time before something happens.
The whole Pacific plate from Japan to California is in constant movement , sliding under the North American plate, yet British Columbia hasn't had a significant earthquake in , how long? Several hundred years? While all around it earthquakes happen so much we barely notice. This area has three plates all moving towards each other and so far nothing. But I have the feeling that is going to change very soon.

Ya that about as close as we can expect

and like you said it just the start of it

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

Good call! That's a hit!

Gonna add it to my The Thats a Hit! Thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Should have called this thread "Off topic post office" or something like that. I expect this post to add to the list.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join