It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bogus, "born gay" argument

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What is with this dumb argument about whether or not someone is, �born gay�? It doesn�t matter one way or the other. We are all born with a sinful nature and a desire to do those things God says we should not do. I was born with a desire to take things that didn�t belong to me, does that make it acceptable for me to steal? If the new standard for right and wrong is now going to be based on our predispositions at birth then we are all in for one �hell� of a ride!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
And your point................... no offense mate but at the moment i see it as someone else who is makeing bogus claims. :bnghd:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think theft and homosexuality are two different things altogether.

Stealing affects someone else directly.

Homosexuality doesnt affect anyone other than those practising. I say being gay is a combo of birth, and environment.

What i dont get is why are people so threatened by homosexuality. If its not affecting you, then let them do as they please its not like they're trying to take over... all they want is to love who they want and do what they want.

Machine, Have you ever actually met a gay person and talked to them without this could of prejudice that christians seem to have?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
SpecialasianX,

For the most part, someone who participates in homosexual sex is at greater risk for contracting disease. This practice is dangerous to everyone involved. From a physical point of view the only people at risk are the homosexuals but from a spiritual and societal point of view we all feel the negative consequences of the homosexual community.

I openly admit that the predominate reason I have for holding this opinion is based on God�s word. God states quite clearly in the Holy Bible that those who commit homosexual acts are an abomination to him. I also disagree with your statement that homosexual sex is about love. It�s not about love. It�s about lust.

I have a part time job as a doorman working in a gay nightclub and come in contact with these people on a weekly basis. The employees are all practicing homosexuals with the doormen being the only exceptions. I can tell you from the depths of my heart that I love and care for these people. I�m the furthest thing from a, �homophobe� that you�ll ever find. In my love for them I wish to see them separate themselves from their homosexual lifestyles. Does this make me a, �homophobe�?

I believe it�s possible to love someone because they are human but still recognize that their actions are sinful and self-destructive. God feels the same way about all of us, which is why he loved us while we were still sinners.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
SpecialasianX,

For the most part, someone who participates in homosexual sex is at greater risk for contracting disease. This practice is dangerous to everyone involved. From a physical point of view the only people at risk are the homosexuals but from a spiritual and societal point of view we all feel the negative consequences of the homosexual community.

I openly admit that the predominate reason I have for holding this opinion is based on God�s word. God states quite clearly in the Holy Bible that those who commit homosexual acts are an abomination to him. I also disagree with your statement that homosexual sex is about love. It�s not about love. It�s about lust.

I have a part time job as a doorman working in a gay nightclub and come in contact with these people on a weekly basis. The employees are all practicing homosexuals with the doormen being the only exceptions. I can tell you from the depths of my heart that I love and care for these people. I�m the furthest thing from a, �homophobe� that you�ll ever find. In my love for them I wish to see them separate themselves from their homosexual lifestyles. Does this make me a, �homophobe�?

I believe it�s possible to love someone because they are human but still recognize that their actions are sinful and self-destructive. God feels the same way about all of us, which is why he loved us while we were still sinners.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Gods dont make mistakes
said by Wayoon DS9

God made a mistake we are all born in sin anyway. Check the Bible. Im a Christian i know the Bible im not homo phobic. You base basiclly your whole argument is based on the Bible (What if the Bibles wrond)

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Shorty, slow down on the clicking 4 posts that are the same.

I dont think the argument is bogus. Untill someone can prove that it happens at birth or not, its a fair argument.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
four posts the same this will be my third.

The argument is totally based on teachings of the Bible. That sort of debate cant be one, the Bible guy wont stop believing the words of the Bible the non-Bible guy wont beleave the bible. Machine make a better argument to get your case across, more than just the Bible.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
four posts the same this will be my third.

Your second post in this thread posted 4 or 5 times, I deleted the repeat posts for you.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yeah thanks KL. AOL are complete **** and keep timeing out on me.

and so when i try and reload the site it sends the post again.

[Edited on 18-10-2004 by shorty]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Shorty,

I do not believe that God made a mistake with us. God gave us free will and we used it to sin against him. I could make some arguments against homosexuality without using the Holy Bible but they would be weak and without any real substance. Our society in America is divided into those who believe and wish to follow the Holy Bible as their standard for right and wrong and those who do not.

I�ll continue to speak out against the homosexual lifestyle in a loving but direct manner and you can believe what you want. This is the true test for tolerance. We both can agree to think the other is wrong but still treat each other in a humane manner. Remember one thing, everyone has a god in some form whom they serve. If you refuse to serve the God of the Bible then you will by default serve another god.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What about all "them there" chimps who like to get homoerotic? Free Will eh?

bloody monkey!

meeeeeeeeh, how bout a link to gawk at: en.wikipedia.org...

freemartin: en.wikipedia.org...

[Edited on 18-10-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I guess I need to state the obvious. We are not chimpanzees, we are human beings.

[Edited on 18-10-2004 by Machine]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
ah but my friend you brought God into this...

Are the "animals" not his creation? "obvious" Therefor they shouldn't be born "gay" no?

but hey if it makes you question any of your beliefs and it's easier to swallow by ignoring what I posted, then by all means, do it. I won't be offended.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
oh and btw if you went to the links i posted, or well if you didn't they don't mention no chimps

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I didn't mean to offend you i am of the same opinion as you, believe it or not. That opinion is that we do indeed have free will, i do indeed believe and try to follow the holy Bible and i would not follow Jesus Christ blindly. is that a bad thing? Machine this is a very intresting thread worthy of ATS.

I also and god dont take this the wrong way but......... God created us to be slaves, i am undiceided as to what to think about this.

Machine
Great thread

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Lysergic,

I guess you didn�t read my initial post. My argument is that it doesn�t matter if you are born with a predisposition to homosexual tendencies or not. We are all born with sinful desires but that does not give us license to act upon those desires. If a person finds himself attracted to members of the same sex that person still has a choice to make. He or she can decide to act on those impulses or not too.

God is clear in his expectations for each of us. He expects us to follow his higher ways even at the expense of what we deem to be pleasurable.

Shorty,

This is straight from our Lord�s mouth!

John 15:15 NASB

�No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.�

Be free in Christ brother Shorty. He considers you his friend.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Machine,

Who wrote the Bible ?

Deep

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Some Holy Bible facts:

www.cdu.jesusanswers.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Machine
Some Holy Bible facts:

www.cdu.jesusanswers.com...

Here is more interesting reading about the bible and its authors if anyone cares to check it out.

www.geocities.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join