It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Orb by Sun pic posted by major Malaysian Newspaper Oct 3rd

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Actually lens flare is the only possibility. As was mentioned above one cannot take a photo directly of the Sun with a cell phone camera and not get lens flare. So if that object is not a lens flare where is the lens flare?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
hahahaha haha aha ha ahah ah ahahahaha aha aha a
LENS FLARE!! C'mon, i am a STRONG believer of planet x but i know a lense flare when i see one...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I'm open to the possibility that it is a hoax, however citing actual people who sighted this with the naked eye, one being a police chief with the assumption people can call him up to check this out, lessens the possibility.

Why does it lessen the possibility?

You said yourself in an earlier post that the MSM are not to be trusted.....so which is it?

do you trust the MSM or don't you?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Im not understanding why a lensflare pic has so many flags....

Wow ATS is turning into another glp

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

notice how incredibly similar they are...

Not at all!
See how theirs in on the left, but the example you show is on the right.
It MUST be Nibiru!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by theclutch
LENS FLARE! that's it that's all!

Witnesses are bunk! You wanna know how I know? Yes you do!

Look up at the sun with your naked eye! There you go.....You CAN'T do it for more than a millisecond! Why? Because the sun is to bright on a cloud free day!

I star gaze at SOL for minutes at a time eyes wide open no blinks facing it and turning my back to it to assist pineal gland exposure to UV - blue light? So I cannot accept your post there theclutch as subjective truth

edit on 10/4/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

You look straight into the sun at noon for a couple of minutes with your eyes wide open?
I could understand if you looked at the sun during sunrise or sunset, but at noon? That must be very painfull.

For other posts, sundog and lensflare are totaly different thing and bokeh has nothing to do with the sun.
The photo shows clearly a lensflare and if those witnesses saw the 'orb' just by looking at the sun they must have worn there contact lenses.

Muhamad Sharin added that the strange sight might have beeen related to the weather as it was very hot yesterday.
Heat makes you see strange things.

How funny, the newspaper is called 'The Star'.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx

If it is true that it was really witnessed in the sky by people with the naked eye, lens flare can be ruled out.

The next possible explaination is that it is a sundog.

Maybe the story is true and the witnesses saw a sundog but the writers didn't have a sundog pic. Maybe they thought the lens flare pic was good enough to do the job?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

I'm open to the possibility that it is a hoax, however citing actual people who sighted this with the naked eye, one being a police chief with the assumption people can call him up to check this out, lessens the possibility.

You said yourself in an earlier post that the MSM are not to be trusted.....so which is it?

Just because I don't trust them does that mean everything they say or publish I automatically discredit? No. I just won't take anything in the MSM at face value and question much - but it is a bit of a poor argument to intimate that I should reject everything in the MSM - certainly some of it I have no problem with.

At face value I would agree this looks like a lens flare - but to cite witnesses and use names of people who saw it with their own eyes - certainly we have not seen or heard of this before in relation to this topic.

Just trying to stimulate conversation and thought - like thousands of other posts on here - but many would turn it into much else. Try to stick to the topic.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by Sly1one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

notice how incredibly similar they are...

Not at all!
See how theirs in on the left, but the example you show is on the right.
It MUST be Nibiru!

I think this comment is in poor form for a moderator, shouldn't you be setting an example in discussing facts and being objective and not resorting to the pettiness of ridicule? I can take a joke but many people take this subject very seriously, if true the ramifications will be serious for the whole world.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesiaha

Check this out screen capture of Louis CK's stand up show Hilarious...Guess that malaysian UFO likes comedy

The inhabitants of Nibiru must enjoy earth humour

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Uh oh, You're acting like you don't believe it's true. NIburu is coming, and when it does, you can lose your ego, ho.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

TY for telling that sucker off!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Oh my God, if I see one more F@#$$ing lens flare posted by some idiot who "duh I dunno whut dis is, is it planet?" I don't know what I'm going to do.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

I'm wondering if maybe there's been a mix up in statements here, the article also discusses a halo around the sun, maybe this what they saw but when photographed all that stood out was the lens flare.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by Argyll

Just because I don't trust them does that mean everything they say or publish I automatically discredit? No. I just won't take anything in the MSM at face value and question much - but it is a bit of a poor argument to intimate that I should reject everything in the MSM - certainly some of it I have no problem with.

At face value I would agree this looks like a lens flare - but to cite witnesses and use names of people who saw it with their own eyes - certainly we have not seen or heard of this before in relation to this topic.

Just trying to stimulate conversation and thought - like thousands of other posts on here - but many would turn it into much else. Try to stick to the topic.

“They were amazed at the sight,”

Thats some quality witness testimony right there...Hearsay is more like it hence not really valuable imo. It seems the name of the Assistant Superintendent of the Marine Police of Muar is Mohamad Pouzi Abdul Rauf and not Nordin Osman...
edit on 5-10-2012 by jesiaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Super Nova . Is at its brightest now . That is what everyone is seeing. Google super nova CBS news. I'm on mycell keyboard is a little hard to post the link. Cbs is Linking to space.com . This is truly a rare photo to see a Super Nova with the naked eye. The Photo is just fantastic showing a fast and quick burnout of a sun.

I thought it was super nova, but I thought, no way, so I did a search. Turns out , it is. Also wife told me itwas mentioned on the news tonight. Cbs news.
Good find op star for you.
This might explain the jump in nuetrinos some one reported here on ats . Super novas will emit them before they fizzle out.
edit on 5-10-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Looks like a lens flare to me. Not a UFO.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I think the picture was taken with an iphone 5. lol

Come to think of it, I bet we will see more of these pictures in the coming months as people will think their iphone can detect purple haze ufo's...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

That's nothing more than a lens flare.

Nothing to look at here.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Puresk1lls

Do you have even the slightest modicum of evidence to back up this claim that Nibiru is on its way here right now or that it even exists?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join