It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Orb by Sun pic posted by major Malaysian Newspaper Oct 3rd

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting. Given that this company is a media powerhouse, you would think they would have some in-house expertise with photography and know when something is a lens flare/internal flare and when it is not, and you would assume they would only publish the latter.

Here is a link to the article:

Malaysian online newspaper with red orb by Sun image

And here are the pics, it is the second one down in the article:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Lol... Oh no, watch out! It's Nibiru!

I find it very humorous that they would put this in the News paper. Just goes to show how some people still want this to be real....

EDIT: personally I just think this is their way to work around the Nibiru conspiracy without flat out saying it...
edit on 3-10-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Maybe it's a sign from god? Similar to Fatima when the virgin Mary showed a sign in the sky!

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

www.abovetopsecret.com...

notice how incredibly similar they are...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
So .....no sign from god? Damn .....I was hoping for the second comming...( wink) yes looks like lens flare........

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Very interesting, thanks for posting.

My first thought, was that this was definitely lens flare.

Assuming that the people saw it in the sky as the reports suggest however, would indicate otherwise.

If it is true that it was really witnessed in the sky by people with the naked eye, lens flare can be ruled out.

The next possible explaination is that it is a sundog.

en.wikipedia.org...

However, Sundogs only appear in-line horizontally with the sun and the object in the photo appears to be to the upper left of the sun seemingly ruling out a sundog.

Unless the camera was tilted at an angle when the photo was taken, which is certainly possible. Sundogs can also be red in colour.

In my opinion this is an atmoshperic phenomenon such as a sundog or maybe something similar which is rarer.

thanks again for posting

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Your lens flare theory does not discount the eye witnesses who were seeing this "object" not through a lens, but with their eyes. I'm not a believer in niburu or planet X. I just don't see how lens flare is an acceptable conclusion.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
sure it LOOKS just like a lens flare, but judging so quickly is not a good idea....
apparently people were "stunned to see" so there had to be some sort of real-world precursor to this flare effect
in fact, looking at it more, that elongated red area does not seem like your everyday lens flare anyway...

what this case needs is corroboration. one more photo and we'll know....
well, "know".

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Looks like the eye of Ra to me. Sometimes refered to as the eye of Horus or the everseeing eye. Maybe the image comes from the reflection of an American dollar

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
hmmmm, msm calling attention to it ??
test run for project bluebeam !!!
it only works if everyone sees it

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Trying to keep a true perspective. Here is the thing that puzzles me. Not the red image but the star seen beyond or before the sun. Anyone with the abuility please wipe the sun and the red spot out of the picture. What star is that? It is in the shadow of the sun yet still shines. I am not a big beleiver in much but that star troubles me...
Therian

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Therian

That thing right there? I dunno if that's a star... couldn't that just be a speck of something on the lens?

edit on 4-10-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The thing with this object is, it was there yesterday, is the same object there today and are people observing it again? Most likely not.. What ever it was, it certainly wasn't another planet.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit

I find it very humorous that they would put this in the News paper. Just goes to show how some people still want this to be real....

EDIT: personally I just think this is their way to work around the Nibiru conspiracy without flat out saying it...

ummm, I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where ANYBODY said........ANYTHING about Nibiru.
Sounds like someone has an agenda.

Everything alright at home?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

photo I took at sun set 3rd Oct 2012. using normal sun glasses as filter.

Same kinda anomaly with how you circled that spot.

Photo taken in June when the sun was at noon same kinda spot. using welding mask lens

I'm going to start documenting the sun when there is clear days.

from different locations. maybe this can throw this nibiru stuff out the door.
edit on 4-10-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
I thought this was interesting. Given that this company is a media powerhouse, you would think they would have some in-house expertise with photography and know when something is a lens flare/internal flare and when it is not, and you would assume they would only publish the latter.

Perhaps you would. But obviously they don't.

And tabloids in the UK post pictures that are obviously fake or misindentification of ordinary objects all the time (usually claiming them to be UFOs)

And they will often 'make up' stuff to support the story. You shouldn't believe anything you read in the papers. Especially when logic tells you it's not what they purport it to be.
edit on 4-10-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Compare and contrast with the images in this excellent ATS thread

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Orgasmo

Compare the pair...

From the article:

From SlyOne's thread:

Eye witness statements can be made up.

Cropped and rotated 90 degrees:

Ruh Roh!

The witness statements are BS to fool the stupid into believing this isn't a lens artifact.

edit on 4-10-2012 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

notice how incredibly similar they are...

I agree that many pics are lens flares, however this, as stated in the article, was seen by many people with the naked eye.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit

I think most people that are interested in this phenomenon, which is very few since the topic seems verboten in the MSM, just want to know the truth......nothing more......is that wrong? And the same people know the government and the MSM cannot be trusted.......so where should they turn to get info? Or should we just believe everything the government, NASA and the MSM tells us?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join