It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney strong out of the gate in debate: Obama Stumbling

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

same bullcrap different rheteric... maybe the victorian tongue from the 20th century...

this guy was good because he based his career earned his living being an actor....

all these debates sound the same... Medicare this, social security... Economy this cut taxes this...

must say thou the 1984 debates had much more intellect....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Currently, the presidential debates are controlled by the Republican and Democratic parties, through a private corporation called the Commission on Presidential Debates. As a result, challenging formats and popular independent candidates are often excluded from the debates, and fewer debates are held.

The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) was created by and for the major parties. Despite its stated commitment to "provide the best possible information to viewers and listeners," the CPD awards control of the presidential debates to the Republican and Democratic candidates.

The CPD demonstrates its subservience to the two major parties during the debate negotiation process. Every four years, Republican and Democratic negotiators meet behind closed-doors and draft secret contracts that determine which candidates participate and under what conditions. The CPD, posing as an independent sponsor, implements the dictates of the contracts, shielding the major party candidates from public criticism.

link

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Yeah, they'll bring out the Mormon thing, or Romney's fifth grade report card, or maybe something bigger.....

I hope you're not right---that it would be something worse.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I just won $10. I bet my neighbor Obama couldn't make it through the debate without resurrecting Reagan and Lincoln.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
lmao, Romney talking about the Constitution and oath of office...I wonder who he is pandering to.

Anybody believe a word out of their mouths? I find this reality show BBEERRYYYY entertaining.

In other news, Ron Paul twitter bomb for the debate: twitter.com...#!/search/?q=%23ronpaul&typd
edit on 3-10-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm actually having more fun watching my 11 year old daughter watching the debate. (Extra credit for social studies - 7th grade). So far I've heard:

1. "Aaargghh. Just answer the dang question already!"
2. "Why is the moderator helping Obama?"
3. "Do these guys understand what "time's up" means?"
4. "Why does Obama keep looking left and right? It's not tennis."
5. "Do you think Obama uses vaseline on his teeth like cheerleaders do? That smile doesn't look real."

I'm having a blast!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRussHe has this, "I'm only here because I have to be" sort of attitude.

I am no expert on body language and kinesics but that's what I am getting out of his performance. I don't want to be here. I am above this.

Originally posted by MRuss
He doesn't seem passionate about leadership, about America, about his job, about his country's prospects. And it shows.

Personally, I saw this from the beginning - he is a classic case study in narcissistic personality disorder. We elected someone who is a pathological liar as POTUS.

I'll give him this - his body language indicates he believes his own lies.

He for some reason feels entitled to the office IMO.

My god how I’d love to get him into an interrogation room and get the answers to so many questions. I know he wouldn’t last long – I’ve seen enough people to know his type.

Wouldn’t last 30 minutes being totally at someone else’s mercy. Control freaks and narcissists are the easiest to break. They have the most buttons to push.

link   
Ok honestly. I am puzzled on what that weird dot on Romneys bigger flag is?...Someone made a thread about it, and I am wondering if it could be a sign of prestige?....Obama is seriously feeling like the smaller man out there on that stage....

link   
I must be watching a different debate.

Obama is doing to things, agreeing and making Romney agree that they share the same position on many many issues.

And on the issues they disagree on, Romney's position is ALWAYS at the expense of the middle class.

Yes, you aren't seeing any strong rhetoric or much emotion from Obama, because he wants the focus to be on Romney. The only way Romney can distance himself from Obama is by highlighting the positions he holds that hurt the middle class, so Obama is calmly sitting back and letting Romney own those positions.

I see a lot of people here judging who is "winning" by who is being more aggressive. Romney is being more aggressive because he is desperate to become relevant, Obama doesn't have to do that. If you don't believe me, watch the fallout from this debate over the next week or so where some of Romney's own words will be used against him to show how damaging he will be to the middle class.

Just think about this, how many times has Romney had to defend or try to clarify his own position?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
Romney is doing a much better job than I thought, and Obama doesn't seem to be on his A game tonight. Maybe I'm just getting old but this is better than I thought it'd be.

He hasn't been in a debate like this for 4 years. Romney has been many debates this year.
I have to say though even though he creeps me out like no tomorrow I think Romney took this one.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by MRussHe has this, "I'm only here because I have to be" sort of attitude.

I am no expert on body language and kinesics but that's what I am getting out of his performance. I don't want to be here. I am above this.

He doesn't seem passionate about leadership, about America, about his job, about his country's prospects. And it shows.

Personally, I saw this from the beginning - he is a classic case study in narcissistic personality disorder. We elected someone who is a pathological liar as POTUS.

I'll give him this - his body language indicates he believes his own lies.

He for some reason feels entitled to the office IMO.

My god how I’d love to get him into an interrogation room and get the answers to so many questions. I know he wouldn’t last long – I’ve seen enough people to know his type.

Wouldn’t last 30 minutes being totally at someone else’s mercy. Control freaks and narcissists are the easiest to break. They have the most buttons to push.

You hit the nail on the head

CNN has a video already......

Watch Obama squirm and twist

Romney: Obama is like a boy who doesn’t tell the truth

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney began his first face-to-face debate with President Barack Obama by comparing the commander in chief to a boy who often said “something that isn’t always true.”

After Obama asserted that Romney’s budget could not cut $5 trillion in taxes and raise military spending by $2 trillion and still expect to cut the deficit, the Republican candidate accused the president of not telling the truth.

“Virtually everything he said about my tax plan is inaccurate,” the former Massachusetts governor quipped. “What I’ve said is I won’t put in place a tax cut that adds to the deficit. That’s part one. No economist can say Mitt Romney’s plan adds $5 trillion.”......

Obama is melting ...... melting ...... melting !!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

i do not feel Romney is "winning" because he is being more aggressive. he is simply being clearer... addressing his points and speaking in rhythm with conviction.

Obama is "fumbly" (if that's a word).

listen... i am NO Romney fan. in fact, if he is elected, i will weep a bit for the environmental and social upheaval he will cause.

but purely objectively, he has had more poise this evening.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I disagree.

Obama appears to be passion-less about his job, about his country and about this debate. He was arrogant, refusing to look at Romney---or trying hard not to. His attitude was one that seemed above having to answer questions or even be at this debate.

He stumbled often, and had to count on the mod to bring him back to point many times.

You call that winning?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Round 1 goes to Romney. Best debate since Reagan vs. Carter.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace

Originally posted by jefwane
Romney is doing a much better job than I thought, and Obama doesn't seem to be on his A game tonight. Maybe I'm just getting old but this is better than I thought it'd be.

He hasn't been in a debate like this for 4 years. Romney has been many debates this year.
I have to say though even though he creeps me out like no tomorrow I think Romney took this one.

"He hasn't been in a debate like this for 4 years."

That's a feeble excuse for Obama !!

This debate is between the President of the United States and a leading candidate.

Not between a couple of thugs in a back alley or pool hall somewhere.

The POTUS is clearly not prepared. He is floundering ......

Obama has been exposed big time this time.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I can't see any PASSION from Obama during this debate. He seems like he's burnt out and no longer wants to fight for our country.

I disagree.

Obama appears to be passion-less about his job, about his country and about this debate. He was arrogant, refusing to look at Romney---or trying hard not to. His attitude was one that seemed above having to answer questions or even be at this debate.

He stumbled often, and had to count on the mod to bring him back to point many times.

You call that winning?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Dear daughter:

#6 "You've already said that 5 million times! Shut up already!"
#7 "I can't say it was a pleasure, but it sure was interesting."
#8 "So Romneycare is like Obamacare, but with a different name?"

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

What's up with Obama tonight?

No teleprompter

link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Dude, you still not getting it, Romney did good tonight, not that it matters, Obama rather weak, but that makes him appear more human, he'll stay ahead in the polls. again, not that it matters
edit on 3-10-2012 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by MRuss

Seriously, he was about to switch into street life mode...Seeing the gangster side of things would of been hilarious... "Muuuhtha sucka" Who da f**k do you think your talkin' to? I don't have to answer this crap, I'm out diz bi*ch. Peace." (Knocks down the teleprompter and exits the building with his entourage)

Great television eh?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join