It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney strong out of the gate in debate: Obama Stumbling

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by mythos

It doesn't matter, this was the first debate. Americans have short attention spans. After the next debate, no one will care who looked more energized or agressive in the first debate.

Bottom line, Romney just admitted to a lot of positions he holds that will directly hurt the middle class. He also had to deny some of his own past positions and pretend like he never said those things.

Romney's 5 trillion tax cut, Romney desperately tried to get away from that, trying to deny that is his position. All independent studies show that this is true.

Let me simplify this for you. Romney just offered up on a platter a ton of fodder for the fact checkers and for future ads in this debate. There are still 5 weeks until the election, Romney has to live with the comments he just made, and the positions he just laid out for 5 weeks.

I truly believe that was Obama's strategy.

I hope so, Obama let Romney punch him in the face 30 times and then he didn't attempt to get Romney where
he could have.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
To be honest this debate was pointless. What I've honestly learned from this debate is that Obama has a hard time telling the truth, and that Romney likes to provoke. This is what the people voted for. So yeah

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by campanionator

Obama could have picked up one of a thousand hammers and taken them to Romney, instead he handed those all those hammers to Romney.

Very true. Makes one wonder why Obama was holding back. Was he afraid of being too negative or lowering expectations to knock Romney out in the next round? Go figure. But that aside I still didn't hear anything interesting from either of them.

Obama is currently leading.

Why waste your hammers when you can save those for the next two debates closer to the election?

link   
I think Obama wants to lose the election to his cousin Mitt. He let Romney take the lead and the moderator was completely useless. Without sound this looked more like a trial than a debate. As for the contents, who really cares, it's always the same stuff and it doesn't matter in the end. Romney once again flip-flopped and Obama went too professorial.

Either way, wars, tax cuts for the rich and corporations, increasing inflation, economic collapse, and offshoring our jobs will continue as scheduled. Thanks for playing!

link   

Now even Bill Maher is saying Obama needs a teleprompter !!!

Obama backer Bill Maher – the same fellow who tossed $1 million to an Obama- supporting super PAC – just threw his president under the bus over this debate. Here’s what he tweeted:

i can't believe i'm saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter

Obama has a serious problem when he’s lost Nicholas Kristof, Andrew Sullivan, and Bill Maher.

Bill Maher: Obama 'Needs a Teleprompter'

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have to give Obama one positive he didn’t directly blame Bush at any point – I guess I could have missed it though…

Did anyone hear Obama actually blame George Bush other than in the beginning when he implied it.

He said something to the effect..."I had a 1 trillion dollar deficit waiting for me when I took office and we all know who that came from".

This is just a nicer way of saying:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Obama could have picked up one of a thousand hammers and taken them to Romney, instead he handed those all those hammers to Romney.

Very true. Makes one wonder why Obama was holding back. Was he afraid of being too negative or lowering expectations to knock Romney out in the next round? Go figure. But that aside I still didn't hear anything interesting from either of them.

Maybe he was having a bad night?

Or maybe he was giving Romney some hanging rope?

I didn't hear anything interesting either, but the sport of it was very interesting IMO.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret
and the moderator was completely useless.

I think we ALL can agree to this...he sucked...

link   
2nd post
edit on 3-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Golf66

Is that a Japanese Flag in the background by the way?

I would see why it was our fault.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Romney did great tonite!

He came out an ended strong and he continually addressed Obama directly, always maintainig eye contact.

Obama, however, kept looking at the moderator, but mostly looked down the entire time.

GO ROMNEY!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

once again... i am not disagreeing with the fact the Romney will not be good for the middle class.

what i am saying is that, based upon pure presentation, Romney came across as far more poised than Obama. most folk are far more swayed on 'presentation' than content. such is the bane of modern televised politics. how else could Ronald Reagan have crushed Jimmy Carter?

now, you make a good point. we here in America have a short term memory issue. all it takes is another gaffe, or a debate swinging the other way, and the pendulum will swing once again.

irregardless, purely objectively, in tonight's debate Mitt presented a more composed figure. you will find i am not alone in this sentiment.

just to be clear... my admission of Romeny's success tonight is NOT my endorsement of him. as i have said, i am an environmentalist first, and he will f@ck this earth up far more than it already has been, until at last we have sucked up the last drops of oil like the plague of mosquitos we have become.

i digress.

link   
I got one: "Uhhmmbama"

I am Mittens and endorse this message

link   

I hope so, Obama let Romney punch him in the face 30 times and then he didn't attempt to get Romney where
he could have.

What is the one thing everyone is saying? What was wrong with Obama, right? Everyone knows this isn't the normal Obama.

Now, do you think Obama has just suddenly become uncharasmatic, unpassionate, and boring? Or do you think it is calculated strategy?

Like I said, people can say Romney "won" tonight. He will probably even get a bump in the polls. But as the fact checkers come out, and as Romney tries to backtrack some of the things he was forced to say tonight, I think the strategy will become clear.

People like to compare these things to a boxing match. So we have three debates, so three rounds. Now, if you know that a fight is going to last three rounds, do you waste all your best shots in the very first round?

Romney had to come out like he did, he is way down in the polls and needed to get noticed. And I think Obama was fine with that because I believe he knows that after tonight, people will start to really dig into Romney's comments and start to realize that Romney has contradicted himself and has backtracked on a lot of his positions.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Romney did what any desperate man would do in a desperate situation.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well, Romney did accomplish making himself look human. He needed to take the focus off the numerous gaffes in his campaign. He did that admirably. I wouldn't bank of that winning him the election though as Obama is not likely to let him repeat that performance. He also has the advantage of having 4 years of foreign policy experience compared to Romney's 0.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

whether or not Obama whines about it, Bush really did f@ck this country up and leave a towering mess of sh!t for the next president to deal with.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Obama didn't have control or command of his facts, because he just wasn't prepared or astute about the issues.

We're not talking about his energy as much as we are commenting on his stumbling, bumbling recitation of facts and talking points that he just wasn't clear about. He seemed lost, without a firm understanding of the issues.

How could you not see that?
edit on 3-10-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

The previous president didn't f@ck this country up by himself. He had help with that.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

So...you are saying...Obama looking like a bumbling, uninformed, stammering fool...is all a part of some end game strategy....

OMG...now I've heard it all.....

Des

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join