It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else ready for the political debate tonight?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I find it funny that the debates mean something to many.

It should be named " How well can you talk your way outta a paper bag full of scorpions. "

I'm bored from them talking so much, I see their mouths moving, but I don't hear much coming out.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
At least it has had some direct back/forth

Romney came off as educating Obama on how business works. I liked that. O is one cool customer though.

He just implied Dodd/Frank doesn't suck with a straight face

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Dodd frank needs repealed. and the creation of the consumer protection agency.

Expanded the Federal Reserve powers, among other stupdiity,.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
OMG, Romney went to the death panels.

Good lord, was Palin on his debate prep team?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Obamas definition of group health insurance plan:

Form a group of people who already cant pay for health insurance and take from other people to pay for those people who are already trying to pay for their own.

Yeah Mr. Marxist indeed.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
OMG, Romney went to the death panels.

Good lord, was Palin on his debate prep team?

Death panels are part of the plan, they need to be brought up. To stick one's head in the sand doesn't make that part of Obamacare go away.

Des

edit on 3-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I really do love what Obama said:

Republican plan:

Meaning the Democrats are too dumb to come up with their own plans they have to steal the rights.

That is the way that sounds.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
For Romney to claim the Obama is a divider and forced through a partisan plan on Obamacare is just plain wrong. For 4 years the GOP wanted nothing to do with anything Obama did. He actually ended up hacking Obamacare a lot to help bring republicans across. Meanwhile the entire time the GOP didnt bring up one job bill.

Now I am not an Obama fan but this kind of crap needs to stop. It goes both ways and Dems do it too but its cheap crap and its got to stop. People in 21st century America are starving to death and committing suicide because they lost their jobs or cant find new ones. While these two idiots smile at each other and joke with each other.

SOrry ... this always happens eventually when I watch the debates long enough. I just get sick of it.

The whole system is broke and we are not fixing anything tonight.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
reply to post by imitator

But the Bilderbergs told me they are real!

Someone once told me politics is a mass psychogenic illness.

link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes it is. It is unfortunate your limited mind cannot understand the concept. The Structure of it is in fact fine, the problem with SS the only problem with SS is the load AKA the baby boom that was followed by the baby bust that was put on it. To understand this requires one to understand that SS was designed to work with the standard birthrate models, which were thrown out the window during the post war birthrate boom which no one could have predicted. A boom that was followed by a bust where birth rates did not adhere to the standard models following the boom. Once you get past the boom generation SS expenses will go back to appropriate levels. The only problem with SS is how do you operate it through the boomers so it is there for the post boom generations. You have three options: means testing, cut benefits, or remove the taxable wage cap or a mix of the three. It isn't a hard thing to fix by any means and any fix is ultimately going to be unpopular.

link   
reply to post by underduck

You mean that bipartisan "Deemed to have passed the house" vote? Seems legit...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So fun. This is like watching the right hand argue with the left hand all while convincing oneself that either one is going to give any less of a spanking once the argument is settled.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

What those with limited minds are not getting is that social security is paying out more than it will ever take in,.

That is a fact

When a person is only paying 6% of their incomes, their employers are matching it at another 6% and that goes on for 30 years or more, then only to collect more than they ever paid in.

It is a flawed system then if they are lucky collect maybe 10 years.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

So fun. This is like watching the right hand argue with the left hand all while convincing oneself that either one is going to give any less of a spanking once the argument is settled.

~Heff

I'm only watching their styles and ability to communicate.

Obama stays even. Romney speeds up talking too fast - - - which tends to be a trait of being nervous.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Anyone else find it funny Romney invokes the ideals of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence as a reason to strengthen the military. When a large standing army was not a popular thought among the founders and then use them as a reason for not investing in education when several of them especially Jefferson felt that everyone should be able to acquire an education at little to no cost.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
To me, Romney is coming across as more grounded tonight, Obama is floundering while looking for his teleprompter when he feels cornered. When Obama lacks something pertinent to say, he falls back on hiring more teachers. As if that will solve all our Nation's problems.

jmoho...

Des

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Jefferson said a lot of things:

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.

edit on 3-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Get ready for the next debate....Biden vs Ryan...

Des

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
To me, Romney is coming across as more grounded tonight, Obama is floundering while looking for his teleprompter when he feels cornered. When Obama lacks something pertinent to say, he falls back on hiring more teachers. As if that will solve all our Nation's problems.

jmoho...

Des

How many times can you bring up "teleprompter" in one thread?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by underduck

Originally posted by Annee

Romney now starting to sound desperate - - - in his voice and presentation.

Very much agreed. Obama seems far more in control now.

Yes - - I agree.

Obama seems to be settling down - - - smoothing out his delivery.

Romney seems to be speeding up - - - like a person who is nervous. Almost like "over talking".

Actually at this point in all debates people do this, to try and squeeze in rebuttals and the next answers before time expires.

edit on 3-10-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join