It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else ready for the political debate tonight?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I turn 66 in a week and I've loved politics as a blood sport since Kruschev yelled "We will bury you!" and banged his shoe on the UN podium. That got my attention and I've been watching like a hawk ever since.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I'll be watching the debate on youtube and I'm not even an American.

I've got satellite and just counted about 20 channels that it's on between 7:00 and 9:00

Plus it'll be all over the news tomorrow morning. It's always interesting to see how the Canadian news interprets US politics. Entertaining, to say the least

link   
I have to watch just to see if Romney is sporting his oompa loompa spray tan tonight.

Des

edit on 3-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

link   

I turn 66 in a week and I've loved politics as a blood sport since Kruschev yelled "We will bury you!" and banged his shoe on the UN podium. That got my attention and I've been watching like a hawk ever since.

Good lord.. you and the husband would get along.. throw foam bricks at the TV.. curse at .50 a naughty word and fix the world problems all in one night.
It is interesting you enjoy WORLD politics.. pretty rare to have a true interest. Guess you too figured out we are all connected and even if we think it doesnt effect "us" it sure as heck does in the end.

Forgive my flippancy on the topic... I think Ive finally had enough and am just hollering " hurry up and implode already if youre going to implode".. its like pulling a band-aid off slowly.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I have to watch just to see of Romney is sporting his oompa loompa spray tan tonight.

Des

Dare me to email him and tell him that orange isnt his color??

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by Destinyone
I have to watch just to see of Romney is sporting his oompa loompa spray tan tonight.

Des

Dare me to email him and tell him that orange isnt his color??

I think he knows by now....

With 30 and 90 second sound bites by both candidates as the so-called debate...not much to look forward to. Other than who will forget what parts of their memorized responses. I wish they had a camera set up on their debate coaches on the sidelines. Watching them wince and cringe, might be entertaining.

Des

edit on 3-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've been stuck in a hotel while traveling for a job. The only thing on TV has been a week of debate about the "Debate."

I'm fed up already. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to watch it to see if either candidate actually exhibits a spark of intelligence.

I'll be honest. I'm biased. I don't trust either of them on an ideological level but there's that pesky 6 trillion dollar increase in debt to think about. I've also been squeezed out of three jobs in four years as a direct result of the present administrations actions and policies. No unemployment though. Just went on to the next available job and kept working.

I think it would be nice if there was a 3 hour "news" blackout after the elections so that people could sit and think about what they just saw and heard instead of turning to their favorite demagogue/news caster to find out what they should be thinking.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Cool.

I turn 66 in 3 weeks.

Yep - - remember the shoe banging.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
What is funny is I have been "debating" on whether or not to watch the debate as if they mean anything.

It will be spun Obama won, and how stupid Romney is.the same crap that has been said since the primaries,.

America is doomed As Bob puts it in this video:

You do realize the Euro has been worth more than the Dollar pretty much from it's inception right?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Guess you too figured out we are all connected and even if we think it doesnt effect "us" it sure as heck does in the end.

Back in the days when the world was being explored in sailing ships, politics was a regional sport for getting rich the quickest way possible. It was all about huge companies like the British East India, Hudson's Bay Company or the Spanish Conquistadors having a blast. I guess I was just a teenager then
because I just didn't care so much because it didn't affect me.

Today, a policy one country makes can have an effect everywhere else tomorrow. Money markets can fall, economies can grow exponentially and thousands of people can explode into violence at the drop of a cartoon in a French newspaper.

To think that we're not all connected today is kinda stuck in the days of Christopher Columbus.

On the other hand, one really good all-out world war can see the survivors being the ones who can re-invent flint knapping and discover the best woods to use for bows and arrows.
Building another ocean going vessel like the Santa Maria might take a while longer.

And, guess who will have their fingers on that big red button? You guessed it... politicians.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Questions were chosen by Jim Lehrer. He's moderated the first debate of all presidential debates since 1988.

I'd rather the questions came from every day people, like you and I. They were put into little plastic balls like at a bingo game. Spin that puppy, then choose a ball with a question in it. But no...all we'll see is well rehearsed gum flapping by both candidates tonight.

I'll be looking for Obama to look where his teleprompter usually sits if he feels any pressure. I've seen him do it before in free speaking situations. I'll be watching for Romney to have that deer caught in the head lights stare, when he can't come up with a quick quip.

I'm 62 this December.. I remember real debates. This is a dog and pony show.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

To think that we're not all connected today is kinda stuck in the days of Christopher Columbus.

My friend to the North.. havent you noticed all the flat-Earthers around shooting arrows at the ancient satellite??

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
man they are doing nothing but agreeing with eachother

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I'll be watching for Romney to have that deer caught in the head lights stare

Isn't that his normal facial expression?

I seriously cannot believe the GOP couldn't come up with someone better as their pretty boy.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator

If they start using tongue... please dont post a blow by blow.

Johnny calls....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't like either candidate and I revile Republicanism.

But Romney is more sure, and Obama seems a little shakey, which I was not expecting. I'm looking for a teleprompter but I don't see one.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Romney not looking particularly strong so far. And now he is walking back his proposed tax cuts. He should have fired his campaign staff long ago.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator

It's a psychological ploy used in debates. If you feel your opponent has made a strong point, you agree with him, to divert some of the strength of his reply, to your side. Political yo yo, is what I call it...

Des

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
Romney not looking particularly strong so far. And now he is walking back his proposed tax cuts. He should have fired his campaign staff long ago.

He is sinking on this tax issue.

He just contradicted himself like 3 times.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
I don't like either candidate and I revile Republicanism.

But Romney is more sure, and Obama seems a little shakey, which I was not expecting. I'm looking for a teleprompter but I don't see one.

Believe me...he's looking for a teleprompter too.....

He's not on his game without one.

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join