It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else ready for the political debate tonight?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here.

And for the pro version of this game, drink every time one of them lies.
edit on 10/3/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I`m not going to watch the debates, i`ll judge them on their past performance and statements,i`m not interested in listening to them spew BS and lies.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
I'll just leave this here.

Sounds fun. I'll keep that in mind.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What is funny is I have been "debating" on whether or not to watch the debate as if they mean anything.

It will be spun Obama won, and how stupid Romney is.the same crap that has been said since the primaries,.

America is doomed As Bob puts it in this video:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Definitely watching. Gotta get some popcorn ready!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I`m not going to watch the debates, i`ll judge them on their past performance and statements,i`m not interested in listening to them spew BS and lies.

Me either Tard.. heh... I treasure my remaining brain cells. Besides, the husband gets so mad its best not to watch these things. Its a sad day when I actually prefer to watch Johnny Depp in Dark Shadows even when I know its going to suck rather than listen to a debate... which will suck much worse.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If I could scoop my brain out and leave it on the table for the time alloted for the rigged and dishonest "debate", then I might consider it. However, since I can't do that, the answer is no, I'd rather have a root canal without anesthesia than watch those two clowns spout words that somebody else told them to say.

I'm watching cartoons tonight on Adult Swim, at least those don't make me want to throw up.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

But that's where all the fun is!!!!!
I'm psyched for another fun game of Spot the Lie.
It's pretty easy.....
whenever you see either candidate moving their lips....you win!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm not watching in protest.

They both suck and neither one of them has the testicular fortitude to debate Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I have a novel Idea: Hook them both up to a polygraph and tell them to just relax and tell the truth. No wait...
Perhaps some new software might help? Such as this little item.
dailycaller.com...

Seems that their voices are going to be tested for truthfulness tonight even as they speak. But alas, Neither this voice software nor polygraph is admissible in court. Then again, this isn't court is it?
According to Americans for Limited Government, they have contracted to have both candidates tested for voice inflection to determine truthfulness. I doubt it is very accurate, but it is a novel idea.
Otherwise, I have no intention of listening to more diatribes and lies from any candidate from anywhere.
Besides, I grew weary of the lies coming from both sides many years ago, never mind the MSM which generally lies by omission. Perhaps in the future, this software will be more accurate, and when we turn on TV there will be a little lie meter for us all to see during debates, and the news casts. That would be good...NO?
Am I going to watch this? Probably not. I already know what they are going to say..

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'll be watching the debate on youtube and I'm not even an American.

I can understand why most Americans can't be bothered... because they've already made their mind up which way they'll be voting. Democrats are Democrats and Republicans are Republicans no matter what. The only ones maybe paying attention live in those few 'Swing States' where it actually might matter to them.

Right?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
why would you not watch? these guys have been talking trash worth millions of dollars all damn year. Im excited to see them nut up and say it to eachothers faces.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I'll be watching the debate on youtube and I'm not even an American.

I can understand why most Americans can't be bothered... because they've already made their mind up which way they'll be voting. Democrats are Democrats and Republicans are Republicans no matter what. The only ones maybe paying attention live in those few 'Swing States' where it actually might matter to them.

Right?

Nope, not all and yes exactly.
I vote for none of the liars. I might write in Ed Norton if I go to vote in a "mood". I dont think votes matter anymore.. Im one of THOSE wackos.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

The only interest I have in this 'game show' is where it will lead on Foreign Policy. I don't care too much how either candidate handles your economy or your civil programs. If the one who wins screws things up over the next 4 years, it'll be a lesson for other democracies on what not to do and the opposite will be true if the winner improves America's well-being. These are win/win's for the observers like myself.

What matters to me are trade issues, military interventions and all other projections of American influence abroad. That affects everyone, no matter where they live, especially on a day where Turkey and Syria are trading shots across the border (hint: Turket is a NATO partner).

Priceless stuff, imho.

America is at a huge crossroad right now and the direction this election finally decides to go truly is a global event for that very reason.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The thing thats weird about the debate is its in Denver and isnt Denver where they are making that underground bunker near the airport or something...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The only interest I have in this 'game show' is where it will lead on Foreign Policy. I don't care too much how either candidate handles your economy or your civil programs. If the one who wins screws things up over the next 4 years, it'll be a lesson for other democracies on what not to do and the opposite will be true if the winner improves America's well-being. These are win/win's for the observers like myself.

What matters to me are trade issues, military interventions and all other projections of American influence abroad. That affects everyone, no matter where they live, especially on a day where Turkey and Syria are trading shots across the border (hint: Turket is a NATO partner).

Priceless stuff, imho.

America is at a huge crossroad right now and the direction this election finally decides to go truly is a global event for that very reason.

On a deadly serious note, this will give NO indication on true foreign policy. Im no youngin' and I havent seen a decent or fractionally truthful presidential debate since Reagan. The things that truly matter wont be discussed in any depth or at all or in any truthful way. This is what boils me. Its why with all joking aside, I cant bear to watch the death of my country on TV.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I understand, being a senior myself.

There's no law saying anyone needs to care or even vote. You prefer not to care and I prefer to always be watchful, even if it's the Georgian election in Eastern Europe. This is your right and what I enjoy is mine.

Politicians are politicians, after all, and no doubt the rich odour of bull manure will be wafting over Denver long after the debate is done. I'll breathe it in and decide if it's healthy BS or the decidedly unhealthy kind.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Yep that super duper dumb base at Denver Airport, ,made famous by Ventura.
edit on 3-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I understand, being a senior myself.

There's no law saying anyone needs to care or even vote. You prefer not to care and I prefer to always be watchful, even if it's the Georgian election in Eastern Europe. This is your right and what I enjoy is mine.

Politicians are politicians, after all, and no doubt the rich odour of bull manure will be wafting over Denver long after the debate is done. I'll breathe it in and decide if it's healthy BS or the decidedly unhealthy kind.

Hey now dammit.. Im no senior yet and when I am I will definitely deny it!

Oh I care, I just dont see what watching 2 liars comparing lies is going to do for me but get me cursing in front of the kids and filling the curse jar full. Im no psychic.. but I can guarantee it - horse manure.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join