It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012
reply to post by Char-Lee

I have a hard time thinking people walk up and crack jokes about your weight

They don't I am not overweight..if I were and they did I would assume they are still very immature. On the other hand we are not talking about me but the news caster, you brought up YOUR hair.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Im not defending the news caster like yourself. She said she was thick skinned which was a lie. ANYONE who had good self esteem would have brushed off the letter or responded back in a private dialogue.

Not put it out in public. But she knew other fat people and those who have been bullied would rally around her even though the email does not fit the definition of bullying. And you guys fell for it.

She deserves no praise, now if she improved her health and worked hard that deserves praise.

Im tired of people making heros out of people who did nothing special
edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
That woman is hardly obese. I like women with a little meat on them. I don't do the skeletor look.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It seems a majority of people on the thread condone and agree with the emailer. Whilst it wasn't any of his business to say anything at all. Concerned citizen???? Please...

But it's okay! I'll say it for you. "She's fat!", "Thats not bullying!" ect.

jhn7537 thank you for the thread, and anyone who agrees, it was rude and uncalled for. Quite literally.   

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hellbjorn012

That's a generalization about fat people based on ignorance.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The newswoman was the better person, for standing up for herself and not tolerating this guys judgements and insults. I hope people see him for the shallow and thoughtless man that he is.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Im not defending the news caster like yourself. She said she was thick skinned which was a lie. ANYONE who had good self esteem would have brushed off the letter or responded back in a private dialogue.

Not put it out in public. But she knew other fat people and those who have been bullied would rally around her even though the email does not fit the definition of bullying. And you guys fell for it.

She deserves no praise, now if she improved her health and worked hard that deserves praise.

Im tired of people making heros out of people who did nothing special

Why should she have brushed off the letter? He was insulting and rude and she made an example out of him. Good for her!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

No she didn't, she didn't invite him for a live debate or discussion. He has no way to fire back at her he isnt the one on TV.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Bullies are not the problem. Being over sensitive however is a huge problem. in this world you need to grow a thick skin or you wont make it. with that being said im a fat guy and ive been called fat and i didnt kill myself or harm others. learn to deflect negative nonsense and come back at the target stronger.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Everyone that is defending her is most likely just as or more obese than her and are butt hurt. She should take that advice as constructive criticism.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I compete in triathlons and there are people just as big as her competing. Example, a woman her size did a full ironman in cedar point under 13 hours. She finished the race by doing a cartwheel over the finish line. It was so awesome the announcer had her do it again!! Just because your heavy doesn't mean you can't bust some real ass!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by likeabull

True but that is the exception

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by atoptreetops
Everyone that is defending her is most likely just as or more obese than her and are butt hurt. She should take that advice as constructive criticism.

You are assuming that anyone who disagrees with you is fat. Here's some constructive critisism for you, be a better man and have compassion for your fellow man/woman.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
Name one person who hasnt lost weight on the biggest loser...

Thanks

I can name many people who haven't lost weight on the biggest loser, namely all the ones who have been rejected for joining the program because their mental or physical health would not allow them to do it.

Many people who are overweight can lose weight and many people who are overweight can not. Please try not to lump everyone into a neat little box.

link   

No she didn't, she didn't invite him for a live debate or discussion. He has no way to fire back at her he isnt the one on TV.

He didn't seem to care if he hurt someone's feelings by opening his big mouth with insults and judgements. I feel he got what he deserved.

link   
reply to post by atoptreetops

Ignorant comment. I (for example) am no where near obese. Try again.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadpool84
Bullies are not the problem. Being over sensitive however is a huge problem. in this world you need to grow a thick skin or you wont make it. with that being said im a fat guy and ive been called fat and i didnt kill myself or harm others. learn to deflect negative nonsense and come back at the target stronger.

I don't think it is being over sensative to stand up for oneself. It shows self esteem. It is negative, but not nonsense. The people who called you fat are immature, insensative, rude and need to be put in their place. Next time someone calls you fat, call them ugly.

Letting people get away with bad behavior only enforces bad behavior.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

He didn't judge her he called her fat which she admitted to. If I call you tall, tan, short etc and it accurately describes you am i judging you? She admitted it herself. Stop putting this woman on a pedastool she did nothing special.

She shoulda challenged him to a local 5K that was a few months down the road then i would be impressed

You people are so sensitive and insecure. Anyone who would let that little email bother them to this extent is insecure.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
. Next time someone calls you fat, call them ugly.

Letting people get away with bad behavior only enforces bad behavior.

Calling someones ugly would be a opinion you cant prove someones ugly, someone may find them attractive. Being fat however is a fact not opinion as it can be proven scientifically.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yes she admitted to it. To prove the point that no one else needed to point it out to her. She did not ask for his opinion.
edit on 3-10-2012 by SerenityAva because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join