It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution is stupid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
A "common ancestor " for which there is no proof what so ever anywhere.

Except for the vast nucleotide databases among other things..

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

reply to post by rhinoceros

Even science will some day prove beyond all doubt there must be a Creator. It's the only logical way.

Sorry, but ever since the rise of molecular genetics, it has been proven beyond any doubt that all life of Earth (that we have studied) shares a common ancestor.

Of course they do... that common ancestor would be God.

Simply because the "god" of the science religion is also the "god of this world", they refuse to acknowledge that fact.

Science just like religion is dedicated to HIDING the truth.

edit on 3-10-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I think you're wrong

Even science will some day prove beyond all doubt there must be a Creator. It's the only logical way.
edit on 3-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I agree, to an extent. What I don't understand is why some people have such a hard time reconciling the big bang with a creator. It's like if the world isn't 6000 years old and literally created in 6 days, their paradigm falls apart. There is almost an element of fear there, that young earth creationism and a creator are inseparable. To me, that almost seems like a weakness of faith. Is God not big enough to work within the laws of physics which he authored?

As for a grand conspiracy within science, I just don't buy it. There is certainly some of that going on within academia, but I'm not so sure cosmological evolution is a conspiracy. The evidence is there in spades. In the end, I'm content to admit I simply don't know. But my faith is not threatened in the least by the theory of evolution.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Of course they do... that common ancestor would be God.

God was an unicellular organism that lived some 3.8 billion years ago? You learn something new every day

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Like all the tons of information placed in the genome that keeps each kind to it's own unless manipulated by mans incessant tinkering. Trying to be God. That what all this is about friend. Man trying to be God..

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Because reconciliation is unacceptable Saraph to God and there for to me and you better get you're head in the game man. Cause I pray you it will matter." Have No other gods before me ".

Rhino

God was an unicellular organism that lived some 3.8 billion years ago? You learn something new every day

Now you learn something. God was, is and will be ! You keep on accepting half truths and lies.
Must be your lifestyle that makes you so willingly ignorant.

Saraph

I suggest you do some soul searching amigo and figure out where your at in all of this cause you can't be luke warm.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Because reconciliation is unacceptable Saraph to God and there for to me and you better get you're head in the game man. Cause I pray you it will matter." Have No other gods before me ".

Rhino

Now you learn something. God was, is and will be ! You keep on accepting half truths and lies.
Must be your lifestyle that makes you so willingly ignorant.

Saraph

I suggest you do some soul searching amigo and figure out where your at in all of this cause you can't be luke warm.

I'm not lukewarm at all. I am 100% convinced of God's existence, of the existence of Jesus Christ, his death and resurrection, etc. I'm just not convinced that the account given in genesis of the creation should be interpreted to mean the world was literally created in 6 human days, 6000 years ago.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Like all the tons of information placed in the genome that keeps each kind to it's own unless manipulated by mans incessant tinkering. Trying to be God. That what all this is about friend. Man trying to be God..

How is this babble related to your previous claim of there being no evidence for a common ancestor?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I'm not lukewarm at all. I am 100% convinced of God's existence, of the existence of Jesus Christ, his death and resurrection, etc. I'm just not convinced that the account given in genesis of the creation should be interpreted to mean the world was literally created in 6 human days, 6000 years ago.

Well does Gods word even say such a thing. I don't believe it even does. But people look to this Big Bang theory to take the place of God and that's what you were referring too. So I'll stop short of any accusations against you other than that cause I like you to Saraph. Now gimme a kiss.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well does Gods word even say such a thing. I don't believe it even does. But people look to this Big Bang theory to take the place of God and that's what you were referring too. So I'll stop short of any accusations against you other than that cause I like you to Saraph. Now gimme a kiss.

MWAH! :*

Well, the bible DOES say the world was created in 6 days. What it doesn't specify is whether we are talking about 6 human days, or 6 days according to God. As for the Big Bang Theory replacing God, It does that for some people, but they are atheists to begin with. There are many Christians out there that believe in the big bang. It doesn't replace God for them, however. They just think God initiated it. It was how He brought this universe into being.

Anyways, always a pleasure, Randy. Not trying to hijack your thread or anything. I would just like to see more than one perspective represented in this thread, lest the resident Christian haters ignorantly assume ALL Christians are young earth creationists and hate science

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I don't hate science and I'm sure you know that. Science is of God as we both know. I despise how some would against our Father is all. I'm talking despise here. Can't help it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
There are many Christians out there that believe in the big bang. It doesn't replace God for them, however. They just think God initiated it. It was how He brought this universe into being.

And then 65 million years ago the hand of God pushed a big rock towards our planet setting up the sequence of events that would bring about mankind? If we were the end game, then why the hell bother with the hole dinosaur thing to begin with?

edit on 3-10-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Sorry, don't have two hours to waste on this.

Neither evolution or creationism have been proven, but over 90% of the world confirms that evolution is the most acceptable theory.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It shows a huge weakness of faith to not even be able to talk about any other possible options than a collection of myths and legends that has been blown up into religious faith.

People who are of strong faith will absolutely be able to entertain speculation and theories that they may be incorrect, but also be able to debunk those attacks on their faith with solid reasoning, not theories and mishmash.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

There are many Christians out there that believe in the big bang. It doesn't replace God for them, however. They just think God initiated it. It was how He brought this universe into being.

And then 65 million years ago the hand of God pushed a big rock towards our planet setting up the sequence of events that would bring about mankind? If we were the end game, then why the hell bother with the hole dinosaur thing to begin with?

edit on 3-10-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

That seems somewhat short sighted, don't you think? How do you know what God's plans were? The decayed matter of those periods turned into what we use for fuel today, did it not?

And what about the rest of the universe? 13 billion years is a long time. Why did it need to take so long to get here? Do we know what the rest of the universe holds? There are billions and billions of Galaxy's out there with billions and billions of stars each. Do you suppose that you know what the purpose of each is, or even what secrets lie within them? We don't even know for sure if the big bang was exactly how the universe was born, or if there is a multiverse. You seem overly confident in what amounts to very limited understanding, to me.

I empathize with your skepticism. I've been in countless discussions both in life and online about this very subject. I am not here to change your mind, merely offer my own thoughts.
edit on 3-10-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I think it is wrong to teach theories that are not proven and un testable
reply to post by RebelPanda

See that's the whole point regardless of who thinks what. It's stupid to teach something that isn't fact and changes from day to day in my view.

I think Hovind makes some great points in that regard and you people can say what you want and that's that. I don't give a crap who likes it. I'm not here for anyone to like. Now how about that?

See the vid is old. No one can possibly think I didn''t take that into consideration. Sorry I think evolution is just another religion being taught in place of one that has far more clout and used a week vid to show that.

But most of you should know these things about me. I don't always play to be the most popular or well liked.

PHFFF !

Yeah the video is old and I'm sure some of it still holds a stand but you are 100% right evolution is a religion and atheists practice it. I mean I hear atheists talk about God, Christianity, Islam, and the various other religions more than anyone else. The good moderate atheists I know don't go out and try to destroy God they simply and respectfully say to each his own.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Okay, I have the night off tonight Randy. So I should have the free time to post a more in-depth rebuttal to Hovind probably in the form of it's own thread. I'll keep you posted

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Right on Titen, I'm sure it will be a good one and thanks for getting back to me. Let me know.
edit on 4-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

That seems somewhat short sighted, don't you think? How do you know what God's plans were? The decayed matter of those periods turned into what we use for fuel today, did it not?

What is so short-sighted about making a question? How do you know that there is some plan to begin with? I certainly don't see a single thing pointing to its existence. My question simply demonstrated how ridiculous the whole idea of some plan is..

And what about the rest of the universe? 13 billion years is a long time. Why did it need to take so long to get here? Do we know what the rest of the universe holds?

Well for one, our planet only formed some 4.5 billion years ago. Further still, in the early Universe, hydrogen atoms were the only ones around. For the heavier elements, cycles of start birth and death were needed. Many many things needed to happen before multicellular life on our planet was possible, including oxygen rich atmosphere and endosymbiosis.

There are billions and billions of Galaxy's out there with billions and billions of stars each. Do you suppose that you know what the purpose of each is, or even what secrets lie within them? We don't even know for sure if the big bang was exactly how the universe was born, or if there is a multiverse. You seem overly confident in what amounts to very limited understanding, to me.

I don't suppose there is any purpose to any of these stars anymore than there is a purpose to the Himalayas mountain range. Our understanding (especially mine since I'm not even a physicist) of the early Universe is indeed very limited, but on the other hand, our understanding of, for example, how all the species on our planet came to be, is not. I'm not afraid of admitting that I have no clue how the Big Bang took place, but at the same time, I find the idea that some supernatural entity with special interest to mankind made it happen childish. Something coming out of 'nothing' goes against our understanding, but incredible complexity (God) with oh so much interest to us, just having always existed.. that's just absurd. And to think that these 'Big Bang compatible Christians' are certain that it was the very specific God that they believe exists that made it all happen..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join